Contact us

Which countries will be next to return/debut?

escfreak

I think Slovakia's return is more possible than Turkey's.
RTVS has its own programming strategy and our first priority is to put all the resources available on our own TV production. Admittedly, the Eurovision song Contest is an interesting and attractive project, but its implementation would have to go hand in hand with additional associated financial resources that are currently unavailable.

Apparently, their attitude has changed from "We are not interested" to "We need to find money"

popavapeur

I want to make a new poll : between AuroraBorealis and MidnightSun, which one will be the next to start a new thread about asking something
haha no offense, i just noticed that every thread that ask something is created by you or MidnightSun. You're siblings in this kind of thing, telepathy i don't know.

I agree on Lebanon, i think that North Africa countries can debut as well (and a return for Morocco)

I want to make a new poll : between AuroraBorealis and MidnightSun, which one will be the next to start a new thread about asking something
haha no offense, i just noticed that every thread that ask something is created by you or MidnightSun. You're siblings in this kind of thing, telepathy i don't know.

I agree on Lebanon, i think that North Africa countries can debut as well (and a return for Morocco)

:lol: I just like to start up new conversations especially ESC-related ones, always interested to hear peoples' opinions.

Brandt

There is no possible way Turkey returning unless the government changes. And it won't at least in a couple of years.

Kaz

::na

Chorizo

returns: :pt: :sk:
if France wins: :mc: :lu:

debuts: none for now
It's too early for another guest star after Australia and in Europe (the EBA) there aren't any obvious candidates
If SBS will be able to create a successful Asiavision, the winner will probably appear in Eurovision, possibly as an interval act.

Salmon

Similar to the EU, I don’t think we’ll be seeing any debuts in a long time now. As nice as the idea sounds, the Arab countries certainly won’t be seen anytime soon because of Israel’s participation, Liechtenstein can’t even join the EBU, bringing even more countries from “outside” (such as the often-discussed China or Kazakhstan, the latter of which doesn’t even have an EBU associated broadcaster) would simply be too risky for the EBU’s public image, and I can’t exactly imagine the EBU would want to endure the controversy surrounding a possible Kosovar debut.

Regarding returns, I’m similarly pessimistic (save for Portugal, which is de facto confirmed though). I don’t expect a Turkish song in Eurovision soon anyway, with the current political course, and in the microstates (Andorra, Luxembourg, Monaco), public support simply seems to be non-existent. Slovakia… eh, it does have a history full of close calls and false hopes regarding participation. I’d be cautious making wild assumptions.

I mean, after a while, listening to so many songs gets tiring. I don’t really want to have to rank sixty entries each year.

Brandt

I don’t really want to have to rank sixty entries each year.

Who asks you to? The show expects you to have a favourite and support it with your vote and enjoy the show with the rest of songs.

Guitarhero

I hope Lebanon and perhaps some North African countires. Kosovo has a good music scene, I believe, but it may not be possible for political reason. And by the way Syria is closer to Europe than Israel and Lebanon so maybe some time in the future.

popavapeur

i don't think that Monaco nor Luxembourg will come back in case of a French win (or Belgian/Swiss).
Monaco could be interested but i don't think they need to be represented on an international scene, they almost feel "French" so for them France is already doing the job to represent them. I May be wrong, but that's the case for some Belgian francophones that feel closer to the French entry than the actual Belgian one this year cause it's VRT turn. (Some of them not everybody)

Top Bottom