Contact us

When The Diaspora Dies

AlekS

Veteran
You didn't get any points from Austria yesterday...
Speaking of. Out of 8 pts you got 5 from Switzerland.

FallenAngelII

I really don't understand people who think diaspora helped Albania.... Why albania is always out of top 10 since 2004 ? if after those years a country reach the top 5 this shows it deserves !! GO RONA !
I'd bet good money on Albania scoring high due to the juries. The diaspora might've helped some, but not much.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
No wonder Ronaldo immediately fell in love with Loreen, Spain gave Sweden 12 points - all voted Real Madrid! :lol:

I shocked by 12 pts from Spain and 0 points from Italy (the only ones who did not give anything)

Italy didn't vote for Sweden cause they were the only one country which could beat Sweden :D

and I was thinking too the voting would go on between Italy and Sweden following by Russia.. but now I see I was wrong about Italy (maybe europe was wrong ;) )

FallenAngelII

Italy didn't vote for Sweden cause they were the only one country which could beat Sweden :D

and I was thinking too the voting would go on between Italy and Sweden following by Russia.. but now I see I was wrong about Italy (maybe europe was wrong ;) )
Conpiracy theory:
The countries which gave Sweden the lowest points were Italy, Portugal and San Marino. Maybe the juries all banded together and agreed to give Sweden low marks because they thought Italy had a chance at winning. Italy and San Marino both gave 12 points to Albania. They clearly chose Albania as their "safe option"!

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Conpiracy theory:
The countries which gave Sweden the lowest points were Italy, Portugal and San Marino. Maybe the juries all banded together and agreed to give Sweden low marks because they thought Italy had a chance at winning.

I think too.

rajo

So why did San Marino just give 7 points to Italy?

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Nice to hear that! But the diaspora of Albania helped it this year, along with the help of the juries of course.

Where was Albania's diaspora these last, let's say, 8 years?? Albania never got a top 5. Mostly lost in the bottom in all the finals they have qualified to. With 2004 being the only exception. They reached their best placing since 2004. And they fully deserved it!

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
So ESC is beginning to be a fairy contest as we all saw last night diaspora is dying :D

Greece, always got 12 from UK and last night zero, always got 10 or 12 from Bulgaria and last night only 1 point from Bulgaria.. Also Belgium, Germany etc gave low points to Greece

Turkey, always got 12 points from France and got only 5 points from France, also Romania (not diaspora but neighbour) only gave 3 points to Turkey, also Netherlands, Germany didn't give 12 and Switzerland gave only 3... Also UK (not really diaspora but always votes for Turkey) gave only 1 point :D Also Lithuania and Israel which never votes for Turkey gave 1 point to Turkey. And Malta which never votes for Turkey gave 8 points.

Sweden, with a great song won and 18 countries gave 12 points to Sweden especially Russia didn't give 12 to its neighbours but Sweden.

Nordic Countries didn't vote friendly, Denmark, Norway and Iceland didn't get good points from theirselves :D 12 points were for Sweden but Loreen won so we don't mind it..

ACTUALLY IT'S BEEN A FAIRY NIGHT ISN'T IT ?

It's a start...

FilipFromSweden

Yay! Im proud of you Europe, i just don't like that Portugal gave.. as always .. 12p to Spain -_-, surprise!
And Romania and Moldova exchanging 12p, its almost like voting on yourself
I would like to see in the next year that countrys that have not made it in a long time is going to be in the final, like San Marino, Austria( i just want them here), The Netherlands, Belgium, Poland and Armenia

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Yay! Im proud of you Europe, i just don't like that Portugal gave.. as always .. 12p to Spain -_-, surprise!
And Romania and Moldova exchanging 12p, its almost like voting on yourself
I would like to see in the next year that countrys that have not made it in a long time is going to be in the final, like San Marino, Austria( i just want them here), The Netherlands, Belgium, Poland and Armenia

I agree it's annoying. But Portuguese love Spanish songs, even when they're crappy. Spanish songs can be heard everywhere and everytime here in Portugal. What did you expect with Pastora? Nil points??

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I think that Pastora has earned 12 points from Portugal!
:es:

FilipFromSweden

Why can't i find the final discussion thread? May someone link it to me? :(
Maybe i got banned

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
And I don't know if the Nordic countries didn't vote friendly... that's not that objective... There's not a single country that can claim to be 100% fair and not considering their friendly ties. I've heard the Nordic countries referring to their 'dear' neighbours more than once yesterday like I do every year, actually

FilipFromSweden

Why does Georgia always give 12p to Lithuania and Belarus? Politics? :confused:

Sabrewulf238

Nice to hear that! But the diaspora of Albania helped it this year, along with the help of the juries of course.

Just like the diaspora of Albania helped them qualify last year.

If you're going to make an argument for diaspora voting at least make it with a country that has a perfect track record qualifying.

Top Bottom