Contact us

What's your mum's favorite?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Destiny wasn't very nice to people on Britain's Got Talent. I didn't watch and so I have no idea. I'm wondering if she's getting Destiny mixed up with someone else as wouldn't Destiny have been like.... 14 or something when she was on that show? Can hardly imagine her being a menace.

She was just a child and I remember her performing. Your mum must be mistaken. Besides, I don't think she was on it for very long? xthink

hzalfa

My mum watched the semi-final with me yesterday, she was the only person in my final who agreed to watch it and it was her first Eurovision show ever:
-She disliked a bunch of pop songs calling them unoriginal or already heard (:se: , :cy: , :hr: , :az: , :no: )
-She liked :mt: , :lt: , and :ru:
-She didn't mind :mk:
-She forgot about :sl: by the end of the show
-She noticed the weakness in :ie: and :ro: vocals
-She didn't comment at all about :au:
-She thought :be: had a nice show, but a weak song
-She refused to watch :il: performance (sorry, but I have to mention it)
-Her absolute winner was :ua: , she said that it was the most original song and what Eurovision should be about.

She also complained about the prevalence of English songs and wants the language rule back.

Last edited:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
According to my mom's instagram her faves were İsrael, Russia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus and Ukraine and she was happy all of them qualified 😆

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Mine LOVED Cyprus and Malta.

ZoboCamel

My family's pretty much latched onto all the same favourites so far, lol - namely :mt:, :it: and :ua:. It's rare that the four of us all agree on any songs we like, but we've got a full three of them this year from the first semi alone.

What I found particularly interesting is that my dad seems to be really getting into Italy. He's usually the type to say "Eurovision was better years ago, all the songs are crap now"; but he's actually been looking up Italy to listen to it himself a few times over the last couple days, which he almost never does this quickly with Eurovision songs.

And then there's my mum, who's similarly been appreciating it and mentioned approvingly just earlier that "his stage presence really reminds me of [some name of an 80s rocker that I now forget]". So there are definitely a couple of cases in favour of the "older generations who loved their rock in the 70s-80s will appreciate Italy" theory!

For now, though, we're mostly all in the same boat of "not sure if our favourite is Ukraine or Italy, but it's one of them"; hopefully the televoters of Europe feel similar xheat

SwissKung

My mom liked Lithuania, Slovenia, Sweden, Ireland and Norway

She was not a fan of Cyprus and Ukraine

ory26

My mum listened the 39 snippets from eurovision scoreboard, and the only ones she" liked "was....Estonia and Israel !! but it was more a "it's bad but still better than the others".

For France, as a good french, she said that we will never won with song like that, we will again finish last like it's happen since Marie Myriam etc...what most french peoples say about eurovision every years.

mauve

Veteran
For now, though, we're mostly all in the same boat of "not sure if our favourite is Ukraine or Italy, but it's one of them"; hopefully the televoters of Europe feel similar xheat
That would be awesome! Ukraine or Italy would a fantastic winner! :love:

alyrin

her favourites are ukraine (thanks to me) and norway

she absolutely hated cyprus lol

Gitte

Austria, malta, iceland. (And swissie and denmark kinda, but mainly due to 'oh french' and 'funny')

Last edited:

Jay25

From today: San Marino, Iceland, Portugal and apparently also Finland

Sabrewulf238

My mum liked :is:, :dk:, :gr:, :md: and :rs:.

She didn't like :ch:. (don't know if that was her least favourite but it's the only one she mentioned not really liking)

Top Bottom