Contact us

What countries would you like to see in FSC?

r3gg13

Well Im trying to say that just because you, Aleks, Matt, sannerz, etc, think that it's not broken, doesnt mean that me and others dont think it is. If there wasnt a problem, then why has this dicussion come up again for like the 4th time in a month. It's obvious that more than just a couple of people think there should be a change.
As to why I personally think it's broken, it is because there are too many songs bunched together. Songs in the middle are forgotten about, the listening takes a very long time (someone said you cant listen to a few songs everyday, that's true but one day I can really like a song, and the next day hate it, and so the songs wouldnt be compared against each other) and also because it is supposed to be ESC all-year-round and once it became clear on ESC that there were too many songs in one show, they changed it and created the SemiFinal, then they changed it again and made 2 - nothing terrible happened!
My main view on the issue is though that the will of the majority should be followed. I dont expect my view to be held above all others, but atm, we dont know which view is in the majority.

I see that the major problem that the majority of the members have is the time it takes to listen to all the songs.

If we were going to have a semi final, you'd have to listen to all the songs either way (regardless of the format of the semi final, if it were to be implemented). Also, if a song is forgettable, it will be forgettable in any context, whether it be surrounded by great songs or not. For loving/hating songs depending on the day/mood that's the same with me and I assume everyone, that's just a variable we have to live with. For this contest being something like ESC, this is a bit different because in FSC you have the flexibility to listen to the song at your will and at your pace, then vote in 1 month frame which you don't have in ESC.

Members have a month to listen to the entries, having a semi would not change that fact. In fact, it would make it a bit harder since members would have to listen to all of the songs before the semifinal. IMO, having a semi final round would put more pressure on members/juries because they would have to listen to all of the songs in a 2 week time frame after the first show. That's if the simplest form of semi final were to be implemented, 1 semi with all of the songs and half would be eliminated for the final. This is the most feasible semi final IMO. If members are already having difficulty listening to songs in 1 month time-frame, I could only imagine it to be worse for a 2 week time-frame

Last edited:

ParadiseES

Oh, it's that. Actually I saw so much letter and didn't read it all.... :lol:

Though I'm taking part, I don't know what's going on with the spinoff. Whatever the hosts do, it's okay with me cause the hosts are who make the work ;)

Hele.

Ok :lol: ;)

I just want to add one thing. Main reason why I think semifinal should be introduced because I think it is not fair that just 10 countries is getting points among so tough and difficult competition! It is not same that 10 countries is getting points when there are 25 countries and when they are 40+ countries. It is much tougher and difficult to get pts in so big and difficult competition. If there is one SF then it can be organize on this way: 12 best countries from previous month is directly in final while 12 qualifies from SF. If SF is problem to organize other solution would be changing of point system where 15-20 countries would getting points (something like 20, 17, 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8...1) but I'm not sure how much approval this suggestion would find. ;) :lol:

Charly

I think there is a user from Pakistan on this forum :D

ParadiseES

Well, maybe we should think about a change in the voting style. It's so hard to pick only 10 songs out of 40. Maybe we can discuss about voting for the top-15 instead of the top-10.

Kicker

Yes, I think so too... Top10 of 40 countries is hard. But some countries have another voting system... in the german voting, 19 countries receive points per member... ^^

sannerz

Songs in the middle will be forgotten about anyways, whether there are semifinals or none. In the end, you'll still have to make a top 10 of your favorite songs in the competition, so I honestly don't see the big deal.

I'm not saying that it's not a plausible idea, I just feel like it's too much trouble for the mods.

And I still don't understand the optional voting. Wouldn't some countries not vote so as to give themselves a better shot to get through?

Narmina

Guys, in case we have semifinals it will be very hard both for mods and users. As someone mentioned in this thread, moderators must make 3 different shows with banners, links and scoreboards. It's not easy to make count from 42 countries. + some users are busy with their work or study, so it's much easier for them to listen to show once or twice and make their Top10. That's why I suppose we don't need semis. Otherwise, some users can miss one of the shows

Charly

Guys, in case we have semifinals it will be very hard both for mods and users. As someone mentioned in this thread, moderators must make 3 different shows with banners, links and scoreboards. It's not easy to make count from 42 countries. + some users are busy with their work or study, so it's much easier for them to listen to show once or twice and make their Top10. That's why I suppose we don't need semis. Otherwise, some users can miss one of the shows

The mods does not have to use banners and the show could be simple and ordinary :p

Narmina

^ but let's admit that with banners and interesting scoreboards it's more interesting. If it's simple I think that month by month we will loose one country in FSC. IMO

Kicker

I think Semifinals aren't the solution... But a voting where 15 countries get points, would help I think...

MyHeartIsYours

Changing the points system would just be silly imo... giving points to 5 more countries than at present doesnt really make any difference when there are like 50 entries. Also, that totally pulls away from the fact that this is supposed to be related to Eurovision. It's not me who wrote in the advertisement for FSC that it's 'Eurovision all-year-round'. Eurovision doesnt give 15 points, but it does have 2 SemiFinals, so what the problem is I dont know :?.

As for banners, if you're so desperate for banners then why dont one of you's make banners for the Semis and give the mods a rest? In all honesty, it's great to see nice pictures but Im really not bothered in all honesty, I aint gunna die from seeing it written down in normal text!

As for the 'advantage' of not voting during SemiFinals, that is totally untrue. If you send a good song then other people will vote for it, if you dont, they wont. This claim is like saying that Juries now could vote for the sh*t songs in order to try and win. It is of course totally false and making it optional actually lessens the chance of something like this happening, if ever there were cheaters in the game.

A huge poll would resolve the problem
Exactly!

Top Bottom