Contact us

What countries would you like to see in FSC?

Hele.

Just want to comment on this about banners. It is simply doing banners for 42 countries. I just want to say that making banners is not anything easy and I do not expect mods to making different banners (if there ever will be SF) for every show. Now they need to make 42 banners for 42 countries. If there are 2 semifinals with 21 songs, they have to make 42 banners anyway. And for final they simply can use already banners that were made for SF. There is no need for new banners for final. :) Also, every month there can be non mod assistant maybe to help mods with big job. Anyway, it is "just" making 42 banners for 42 songs. And it is not like they are now doing banners for one show and if SFs are introduced like they will be doing x3 times as now. I also want to add, I know how difficult job organisation is. And SF would make it even more difficult (but not for that, that much and if final are just finalists allow to vote it would be maybe even easier) so maybe there can be new mod be accepted in their team or simply every month some of active members can assist to mods in making show to help them. But they are doing job and thanks to them on that. :)

Haustor

Optional voting could mean that people would not even bother listening to all songs which would beat purpose of this contest which is to share popular music from our countries.

I have listened to all songs couple of times by myself plus on LL event and there is plenty of time to do that and have time to decide on votes. Introducing SF would put more pressure on people to do it before deadline (which there would be 2).

Not allowing countries that do not make it to final would not be nice to those same countries as they would be double punished.

I would be open to increasing points awarded to 15 countries but its not really necessary as current system is fine as it is. Giving points to only 10 countries should help you develop decision making skills which can be useful in real life situation as well.

Charly

Just want to comment on this about banners. It is simply doing banners for 42 countries. I just want to say that making banners is not anything easy and I do not expect mods to making different banners (if there ever will be SF) for every show. Now they need to make 42 banners for 42 countries. If there are 2 semifinals with 21 songs, they have to make 42 banners anyway. And for final they simply can use already banners that were made for SF. There is no need for new banners for final. :) Also, every month there can be non mod assistant maybe to help mods with big job. Anyway, it is "just" making 42 banners for 42 songs. And it is not like they are now doing banners for one show and if SFs are introduced like they will be doing x3 times as now. I also want to add, I know how difficult job organisation is. And SF would make it even more difficult (but not for that, that much and if final are just finalists allow to vote it would be maybe even easier) so maybe there can be new mod be accepted in their team or simply every month some of active members can assist to mods in making show to help them. But they are doing job and thanks to them on that. :)

+1 :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Just to be clear here. FSC will NOT have Semi Finals. Those who have been around since Day 1 probably remember that this contest is an alternative option to those who don't have time to be part of a fast pace contest. With over 100 members Semis would not only be unreasonable but I can guarantee you it's pretty much impossible.

While rule changes are always a possibility as the forum and the contest evolve, we will not stray away from the founding principles of the contest.

Just to be clear, I don't wanna come across as cold/not caring in regards to this issue and I understand everyones point of view but I don't want people to get into a detailed conversation when Semis are just not an option.

Any questions or concerns regarding this matter should be forwarded to me.

Thank you! :)

sannerz

Uh, no, because the numbers for the order in which it is played on each banner are different. You won't have the same numbers in the semi-finals and the finals.

Hele.

Uh, no, because the numbers for the order in which it is played on each banner are different. You won't have the same numbers in the semi-finals and the finals.

:lol: Numbers on banners don't have to be made. I mean, it can be "universal" banner. For example, how Reggie and me did for Spin off this month. It is without any number on it. And I believe it is good enough like that. :lol:
But anyway, there will not be SF so any other discussion is unnecessary. ;) I'm glad we all exchanged our opinions on SF, some are against and some are for but I can say that more or less, I can understand everyone's point of view from their perspective. Anyway, it will stay like it is and I'm sure we will have fun like before! And even more! :D

sannerz

:lol: Numbers on banners don't have to be made. I mean, it can be "universal" banner. For example, how Reggie and me did for Spin off this month. It is without any number on it. And I believe it is good enough like that. :lol:
But anyway, there will not be SF so any other discussion is unnecessary. ;) I'm glad we all exchanged our opinions on SF, some are against and some are for but I can say that more or less, I can understand everyone's point of view from their perspective. Anyway, it will stay like it is and I'm sure we will have fun like before! And even more! :D

Very true. :lol:
That reminds me, I still have to listen through all those songs!

Peppi

Just to be clear here. FSC will NOT have Semi Finals. Those who have been around since Day 1 probably remember that this contest is an alternative option to those who don't have time to be part of a fast pace contest. With over 100 members Semis would not only be unreasonable but I can guarantee you it's pretty much impossible.

While rule changes are always a possibility as the forum and the contest evolve, we will not stray away from the founding principles of the contest.

Just to be clear, I don't wanna come across as cold/not caring in regards to this issue and I understand everyones point of view but I don't want people to get into a detailed conversation when Semis are just not an option.

Any questions or concerns regarding this matter should be forwarded to me.

Thank you! :)
Amen! :pThis was good news (for me)

Simon87

Im glad that there will not be semi finals :D

-------------------------

I would like to see Armenia and Georgia on FSC

94ayd

I guess most people feel like it's too hard to vote as you need to choose a very small portion of entries to award points to but what would the ideal solution be for us not to lose too much of what Matt planned this contest to be and also, not to stray away from what ESC has become? I guess we must come up with some decision of compromise.

MyHeartIsYours

I guess most people feel like it's too hard to vote as you need to choose a very small portion of entries to award points to but what would the ideal solution be for us not to lose too much of what Matt planned this contest to be and also, not to stray away from what ESC has become? I guess we must come up with some decision of compromise.
I would like for there to be a compromise too :).

We might have :in: soon.
I said I didnt want anymore countries but I make an exception for India ;).

Kicker

Guys, it's really enough now! At the end of the year, there will be about 60 countries, when you go on... And I don't want to listen 4 Hours to the songs :/

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
FYI, I came up with a solution where no Semis are needed, we can still let in as many countries as we like, yet still have a cap so you don't have to worry about too many participants. I am currently running this idea by the mods and once we modified and confirmed everything I will post it in the rules are so the members can comment on it as well. So stay tuned :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Rest of the world Jury

A maximum of 40 countries shall be allowed to participate.

Once the maximum of participating countries was reached, new countries joining the contest will be placed in the “Rest of the World” jury.
This jury consists of members from countries not currently represented at FSC. The members will internally select a song from any country that is part of that jury.

The country chosen to represent the “Rest of the World” shall be listed under such name however once it earns a full spot, it will at that point take its record and scores with it.

Once an active country withdraws, that nation shall be replaced with a country from the “Rest of the world” jury based on seniority.

Top Bottom