Contact us

Updates/Requests/Improvements (post all noticed ISSUES and SUGGESTIONS here)

mauve

Veteran
Ah! Okay. So it's not just me. I didn't dare ask cause I thought I messed up something! :)

tuorem

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had trouble with special emojis not displaying on computer? For instance, in the NSC section, Låpøtré's potato and Tybalteva's keys don't display properly, whereas the chess emojis of the current NSC edition are fine. I tried different browsers (firefox, opera, internet explorer) and all I see is squares. It's strange because it was still working not long ago.

On my phone, they show up though. :unsure: Could that be a personal issue of mine?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had trouble with special emojis not displaying on computer? For instance, in the NSC section, Låpøtré's potato and Tybalteva's keys don't display properly, whereas the chess emojis of the current NSC edition are fine. I tried different browsers (firefox, opera, internet explorer) and all I see is squares. It's strange because it was still working not long ago.

On my phone, they show up though.:unsure:Could that be a personal issue of mine?
I'm seeing the keys and potato, on ^both phone and computer. I use Chrome so I dunno why it isn't working with you xthink

tuorem

I'm seeing the keys and potato, on ^both phone and computer. I use Chrome so I dunno why it isn't working with you xthink
Thank you for your answer. That must be my computer then. ;) As long as it works for others, it's fine.
It's just strange that these two don't work and the others do :LOL:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Hi sdfjklksdjlfdjkl I don't know where to request this (and I thought messaging @Matt isn't the best idea as he is receiving mod applications atm), but I have a request.

We use @Orient Matsuri to moderate the homonymous contest. However, it still lacks some mod permissions for the area. For example, we can't switch topic owners - we had to do his once and I had to ask a WV mod (hello @Edweis) to do that for us.

Is there any way to look into that?

Thank you!!!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
So, I sent two PMs to ESCUnited's Facebook page, asking help on why I can't access the forum, and I got no answer. It's absolutely unacceptable that I can't visit the forum neither on my phone nor on my laptop, because it doesn't load at all, and even if I delete cookies, like now, I can barely access it, because at the beginning it shows me just a couple of pages, very slowly, but then it goes back to not load at all. There must be a reason why all the others don't have any problem while I do. But I have to say, shame on you for ignoring my PMs on Facebook.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The forum is up and running, people are able to access it. This appears to be an isolated case, not a website or software related issue.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Hi sdfjklksdjlfdjkl I don't know where to request this (and I thought messaging @Matt isn't the best idea as he is receiving mod applications atm), but I have a request.

We use @Orient Matsuri to moderate the homonymous contest. However, it still lacks some mod permissions for the area. For example, we can't switch topic owners - we had to do his once and I had to ask a WV mod (hello @Edweis) to do that for us.

Is there any way to look into that?

Thank you!!!
a bump here @Matt @Sean xcry

Sean

Admin
Staff member
So, I sent two PMs to ESCUnited's Facebook page, asking help on why I can't access the forum, and I got no answer. It's absolutely unacceptable that I can't visit the forum neither on my phone nor on my laptop, because it doesn't load at all, and even if I delete cookies, like now, I can barely access it, because at the beginning it shows me just a couple of pages, very slowly, but then it goes back to not load at all. There must be a reason why all the others don't have any problem while I do. But I have to say, shame on you for ignoring my PMs on Facebook.
I'm not sure if Matt has fixed your issue and apologies that any messages may have been missed. It may be best going forward to send an email to info (at) escunited (dot) com or send myself or Matt a PM here, as this is more easily visible for me and I can then raise any issues from there.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I'm not sure if Matt has fixed your issue and apologies that any messages may have been missed. It may be best going forward to send an email to info (at) escunited (dot) com or send myself or Matt a PM here, as this is more easily visible for me and I can then raise any issues from there.

No, I still can't use it very well, it's very slow in loading, it gives me the error message that it makes too many redirects, whenever I click on any subsection I get redirected to the home-page, etc...

BernadetteCydonia

Is there a possibility for to ask mods to change usernames for users per request? After all these years mine still looks kinda like a mess p:

DenizESC

Banned
I updated the security so you should be able to change thread & post owner. Let me know if you're missing any other permissions.

Thank you so much for that, it seems to work now!

Writing in name of all OM mods btw: @anaraqueen @SaladBreak @Fierro and myself.
None of us are officially appointed as OM Mods either, it would be really nice if that were to be possible as well with the flexibility that comes with it, we could probably fix a lot of issues much faster.
Also the subforum doesn't have any detail on the surface, it's just an empty cloud for now. If just the OM initials were also put there and maybe another color like a pink-ish tint I gues (not needed if it's too much work!)
we would all be very thankful (y)

Edit: Also if any work needs to be done for any of this to be possible, we're definitely able to help

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Thank you so much for that, it seems to work now!

Writing in name of all OM mods btw: @anaraqueen @SaladBreak @Fierro and myself.
None of us are officially appointed as OM Mods either, it would be really nice if that were to be possible as well with the flexibility that comes with it, we could probably fix a lot of issues much faster.
Also the subforum doesn't have any detail on the surface, it's just an empty cloud for now. If just the OM initials were also put there and maybe another color like a pink-ish tint I gues (not needed if it's too much work!)
we would all be very thankful (y)

Edit: Also if any work needs to be done for any of this to be possible, we're definitely able to help
mentioning you guys in case you haven't seen it yet! @Matt @Sean :)

Top Bottom