Contact us

Update: New Voting System - Countries 11 to 26 will be only displayed

Musicosity

This new system is too much oriented on the matter of who's the winner. There were always so many interesting things happening below the top place during the voting which now get pushed out of focus. Previously 8+10+12=30 points out of 58 per country were called out one by one, more than 50%. Now only 12/58=about 20% are called out while the bulk of 80% of points get slammed on the table in one stroke and far less time. The change of placings will become faster and more erratic. There may be more "action", but I wonder if it also will be more fun to watch if it gets more difficult to follow what's going on.

And then it all gets devalued by the fact that it counts for only 50% and the real decision will be made by the televote. It may turn out to be just an hour-long wait for the "big moment", like an MF-style voting. Only that a MF voting is shorter. Watching it always felt different to me than watching a ESC voting, and not necessarily better, and even Björkman does not know what effect the read-out of 12 points only will have on the overall impression.

So far I join the club and say that this is not an improvement, rather the opposite, but we will have to see.

Franco

This new system is too much oriented on the matter of who's the winner. There were always so many interesting things happening below the top place during the voting which now get pushed out of focus.

True. :(

A-lister

Veteran
I like the new system to be honest, but I don't like that they won't show all?? They already put the public vote to a minimum as far as attention in the show goes, it should be the other way in fact but still I think they should show all. What's this thing with only showing the top? I don't get it...

Jacketh

Are we thinking this year will be shorter then, with countries only announcing their 12? Just saying "Hi, our 12 points go to X:" is a lot shorter than "Hi! Our 8 points go to............................ X, hahaha. Our 10 Points go to..................... .... .... hahaahaha Y!.... and our 12 points go to........................................................................................................................................ Z!!!!"

Obviously we've got the bit at the end now, but I imagine that will save a lot of time.

A-lister

Veteran
Are we thinking this year will be shorter then, with countries only announcing their 12? Just saying "Hi, our 12 points go to X:" is a lot shorter than "Hi! Our 8 points go to............................ X, hahaha. Our 10 Points go to..................... .... .... hahaahaha Y!.... and our 12 points go to........................................................................................................................................ Z!!!!"

Obviously we've got the bit at the end now, but I imagine that will save a lot of time.

But the voting shouldn't be "saved on", this is a crucial part of Eurovision...

Only announcing 12's are ridiculous and then just showcase the top. 10... no I don't like it... it will take away the soul

Jacketh

But the voting shouldn't be "saved on", this is a crucial part of Eurovision...

Only announcing 12's are ridiculous and then just showcase the top. 10... no I don't like it... it will take away the soul

I agree. 8, 10, and 12, is fine.

In fact, the whole format was fine. If its not broke, don't fix it.

I hope we return back to normal next year.

A-lister

Veteran
I agree. 8, 10, and 12, is fine.

In fact, the whole format was fine. If its not broke, don't fix it.

I hope we return back to normal next year.

I don't want to return, atleast not how the votes were collected (which gave juries even more power than viewers, when this year it's sorta even out)...

However I'd be fine of returning to how they were presented, making it shorter is hardly a good think imo and just saying the 12's will look pointless and empty

Alaska49

if things turn out to be less exciting then they used to be then i'd rather they KEEP the points system but have the jury points revealed one by one and then the televote point revealed one by one (yes it would take a long time but so what? it'd still be finished sooner than last year's dragged out final)

what we can't have is a return of overpowered juries, i'd rather have a boring reveal than unfair results

Chorizo

Can't wait for the spokespersons to ignore the prepared script to make some jokes that SVT didn't approve of or to make some questionable political statements. :D

Brandt

The way presenting votes is not bad at all. But tonight is quite a reason to hate jury votes. I wish they were gone for good.

GlamSIMorous

This was extremely exciting and I think they should definitely keep this system of presenting the votes! Never has it been THIS exciting! :eek: My heart nearly dropped every time. Wow! Awesome!

simonPL

A new voting and announcment system is really dramatic especially when your country has only 7 points from juries and is still in the top 3 of the televoting.
:D

anto475

It was incredibly dramatic, I was screaming throughout, definitely keep it this way, just bring back the 8 and 10 points please!!

ChrisOL

Can someone please calculate who would have won with the old voting-system?

Alaska49

i have read somewhere that under the 2009-2012 system jamala would still have won with 2 points over dami but don't quote me on this

and who's gonna have the patience to do it the 2013-2015 way? soooo much work. i am sure it would have resulted in a dami win tho.

Top Bottom