Contact us

Update: New Voting System - Countries 11 to 26 will be only displayed

Brandt

ESC’16: FINAL RESULTS OF COUNTRIES 11-26 WILL JUST BE DISPLAYED

Eurovision.de has revealed that the final results of the countries outside of the top.10 in the final will just be shown on-screen.

The reveal came in an article announcing that Barbara Schöneberger will be announcing the Germany jury votes in the final of Eurovision for a second year running. The new voting system means that first all 43 countries will be announcing only their jury votes, with the spokesperson only announcing the 12 points.

After this the televote points are then announced by the presenters, the televoting points for the countries that finish 11th to 26th will just appear on-screen. Mans Zelmerlow and Petra Mede the hosts will then start working their way from 10th to 1st announcing the televoting points from across Europe.

http://eurovoix.com/2016/04/07/esc16-final-results-countries-11-26-will-just-displayed/

Brandt

On the bright side, I will have too much free time if I don't love Eurovision anymore.

hdplus

I really want to see, how the voting system will work in the real show, but I feel like I'll hate it and want the old one back :( And these news are only making it worse for me. I can understand that you want to save time, but is that really necessary?

Franco

Whatever. They have already killed the fun of the voting part. They can't kill it twice.

LucasMichael

Pathetic. I understand the whole 'but blah it might hurt their feelings if they come 26th with only 2 televote points' but tough shit, they entered the contest, get thicker skin, your song and performance may not be liked.

Only announcing the 12 points why?? There's so much more drama and suspense hearing the 8&10 leading up to it.. it's going to feel so rushed and awkward.

Vespertine

In between Mans's win last year, the voting change this year and this, I think I might just skip the voting for this year.

I'll just watch the show it seems, and find out who wins two hours later or something.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
-_- They're really doing a great job of making me not like Eurovision anymore. Sweden seriously need to stop winning.

Mii11

-_- They're really doing a great job of making me not like Eurovision anymore. Sweden seriously need to stop winning.

I agree.

Sweden (or rather SVT) have already proved that they don't deserve to win Eurovision. Manipulating running order, changing voting system, getting refugees involved... seriously they shouldn't touch this contest ever again. They just keep ruining it more and more.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I wonder why does SVT think people find the results part of the show boring. :/ It is 'winner takes it all' but it's interesting to see how countries fly from the bottom to the top or the other way around. Meh.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I agree.

Sweden have already proved that they don't deserve to win Eurovision ever again. Manipulating running order, changing voting system, getting refugees involved... seriously they shouldn't touch this contest ever again. They just keep ruining it more and more.

If it was another broadcaster with some form of sense then I wouldn't mind Sweden winning, but SVT have an obsession of legacy creating and imposing stupid changes. Then this refugee thing, which will only embarrass Sweden across Europe because most people don't even support the refugees, it's all just getting out of hand. I hope that news article has made a mistake with how it will work tbh. The voting will be over so quick otherwise and it's my favourite part.

Brandt

Only Armenian spokesperson coming and saying "12 points go to Azerbaijan", then laughing and saying "Of course I'm joking" could cheer me up during voting.

Scooby

And than people say Sweden is democracy. I can't imagine what will happen if changes like those made RTR for example

I was trying to make a petition on Change.org just a second ago but I kept getting the message "{"body":{"err":{"user":{"state_code":["too_long"]}}},"status":400}".. more ebu rigging? :lol:

Pathetic. I understand the whole 'but blah it might hurt their feelings if they come 26th with only 2 televote points' but tough shit, they entered the contest, get thicker skin, your song and performance may not be liked.

Get some empathy. Watching people upset does not make good television. If last year they showed Ann Sophie and The MakeMakes all upset in the green room after the final votes everyone would've gone mental.

Franco

I wonder why does SVT think people find the results part of the show boring. :/ It is 'winner takes it all' but it's interesting to see how countries fly from the bottom to the top or the other way around. Meh.

Exactly.
Until 2015 everybody had something to look after until the end. Now, for people from 16 countries, it will be like: "BAM! You're out of the top 10. Now move out of the way."

Top Bottom