Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

nudiecrudi

I just don't like most of Italy's entries since their return except 2012, 2019 and 2021.

I've accepted that I'm in a minority but after seeing brividi still get good points despite a dire performance I feel completely out of touch on Italian entries
Personally I've never clicked with Swedish songs, even one. I find them something similar to items produced in series, Ikea style, aimed and packed for a single porpoise: winning ESC. Without emotions.passion or originality, like a plastic Ikea chair produced in Vietnam and sold in the entire world.
So compared to you that at least liked 3 songs from a country I'm completely done without liking any.
Very (un) popular opinion: Sanremo is much better than MelFest
Cornelia Jacobs is the only Swedish act to make my top 10 in the last 12 years lol unforgettable is only top 10 in my ranking game because I can't vote for bambie
Sorry I forgot about her.
Pseudo emotional song produced in series like the other ones and packed with some passion.
I cry Hold me closer in English every time I feel down instead saying it in my language.
As I said before the verses of Swedish songs are like Ikea assembling instructions.

Ted Talks

Molitva is one of the worst winners. I’m not saying Verka deserved it more (although I am really :p), but anything was a preferable winner to what we got with six wailing women on stage. Molitva sets my teeth on edge.

I would add that 2011 is an appaling winner too but I don’t think that’s unpopular.

I’ll have a think for a few more as I’m sure I’ve got more in my arsenal…

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Dima Bilan deserved to win in 2008.

No, I'm joking. But the real winner should have been... Türkiye. (or Lithuania, as the melody was gold. But all the rest was awful.)

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
the real winner should have been... Türkiye.
2008 is the only year my country was my personal winner. xheart

Very (un) popular opinion: Sanremo is much better than MelFest
I may be biased because I love the Italian language and it doesn't bore me to hear people speaking Italian for 4 hours when I understand only 30% of the conversations, but I agree big big big

Top Bottom