2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESCConor

The one thing that worked so well this year is our promotion, I dont think ive ever seen such promotion across europe for a UK song in a very long time, we must do the same again in 2023.

I do hope TAP also are kept on to select the act too, they were fantastic this year and I hope we stick with them for the foreseable, the fact that Ben Mawson who selected the act for 2022, is married to Mirjam Weichselbraun, the Host of the 2015 Contest, is a real good sign cause it tells me he gets it.

We need someone who is superb live, with strong promotion of the song across Europe on TV and Radio, also a great song which can get europe and australia talking, someone with a personality that can match Sam's, someone who isnt afraid of answering tough questions, and a strong staging with artists having creative control. put these together and you have a fantastic package all coming together.

If we can do this consistantly, then we will do consistancy well, and that is so important.

This simply cannot be a one off, this must be the beginning, not the end.

HarryUK

Veteran
I think TaP may be interested in narrowing their selection to their own artists only for next year - they only selected one of the songwriters in theory this year. Sam is going to be even bigger than he was before because of Eurovision, so this may be a stepping stone for someone like Claudia Valentina (who I LOVE) to shine

ChiversLookDivine

I realise I only mentioned her name on the previous page in my 'wishlist', but in terms of TaP picking from artists within their own stable, I really think the front-runner should be Chloe Adams.

All her music seems to be under 3 minutes, full of hooks, with top production and little to no filler.

She dropped this a few days ago:

And this song from a few months ago is what got me excited about the TaP project going forwards:

Best of all, she's a charismatic live performer:

Claudia Valentina is also a fine pick and would probably stand out amongst the pack as she is stunning, however I think if the UK are going to improve on 2022 (and that's a tall order in itself) we really need to focus on the song and I think what I've heard from Chloe is more likely to drive that joint jury/televote support we will need.

Ali_

I'm already nervous about 2023! I really hope we don't do a France and plummet from 2nd to second last.
Though I suppose what's so important from this year is that going forwards the whole Europe hates us bs simply does not stand up as a narrative anymore. In the media that is, we as fans of course already knew that's a load of rubbish.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm already nervous about 2023! I really hope we don't do a France and plummet from 2nd to second last.
Though I suppose what's so important from this year is that going forwards the whole Europe hates us bs simply does not stand up as a narrative anymore. In the media that is, we as fans of course already knew that's a load of rubbish.

That's my worry, that they will fail to build on the success of this year and we're back to square 1. Like 2009 that was followed by a dead last. I'll have to see the success next year to believe this isn't a one off. France shows how easy it is to slip up. In fact Spain also when they followed up a top 10 with a string bad results. Tap need to come back and do what they did this year. I'm sure they'll have a lot more doors open to them now which is great.

SarahM

I'm hoping that if the UK start taking it seriously and are getting rewarded for their efforts, the Irish delegation may decide to put more effort into the song selection too. Fingers crossed if the UK media start talking about the Eurovision and supporting their acts efforts, it will rub off onto the Irish public who consume a lot of UK media.
Sadly the Irish radio stations are very slow to play the Eurovision songs, however I thought it was great this year that Sam Ryder's entry was played in the background of EastEnders for a few episodes leading up to the Final!

HarryUK

Veteran
UK delegation held their first 2023 meeting today!

Chrisiam

Honestly I am still trying to process the fact that the UK is gonna stage the contest in my lifetime. Well, stage it with me being aware of what Eurovision is. Hell, I am still processing that the UK got the results it did, I still keep expecting the EBU to leap out and be like "You got pranked brah!".

However now we have had a good result and look like we are hosting I suppose the question now is "Will the BBC try and play it safe next year or will they try and be a little more daring?".

ESCConor

I think the BBC will not be short of artists offering themselves next year, perhaps Sam's success from this year will help get more emerging artists involved and potentially mean a much wider selection process

The fact it looking very likely now the UK is hosting does make it more possible we could see an established act come forward.

ESCConor

I think the BBC will not be short of artists offering themselves next year, perhaps Sam's success from this year will help get more emerging artists involved and potentially mean a much wider selection process

The fact it looking very likely now the UK is hosting does make it more possible we could see an established act come forward.

shameless

I hope they'll again catch a great Artist (Samuel was the perfect ESC act in terms of breakthrough potential) and if they want to revive their A Song for Europe-thing where the audience choses the song out of 6 I wouldn't mind. But please don't overdo your luck with a proper NF next year. If they gonna find a handful of promising good artists, spare them from being put against each other and keep them for the next 1-2 years. Maybe even with bidding contracts. :devilish::DLuck may run out fast so it's better to collect good act once they're willed to go on this. That hasn't been a thing in the UK since...my lifetime I guess(if we don't count Katrina, but she was a hasbeen by that time).

Mimmon

Veteran
I realise I only mentioned her name on the previous page in my 'wishlist', but in terms of TaP picking from artists within their own stable, I really think the front-runner should be Chloe Adams.

All her music seems to be under 3 minutes, full of hooks, with top production and little to no filler.

She dropped this a few days ago:

And this song from a few months ago is what got me excited about the TaP project going forwards:

Best of all, she's a charismatic live performer:

Claudia Valentina is also a fine pick and would probably stand out amongst the pack as she is stunning, however I think if the UK are going to improve on 2022 (and that's a tall order in itself) we really need to focus on the song and I think what I've heard from Chloe is more likely to drive that joint jury/televote support we will need.
Listening to her and kinda reminds me of S10 and she is very unique and I wouldn't mind it...

P.S finally I'm back being active in this forum xheart

Chrisiam

Oh, here is an idea. What if the BBC/TaP end up picking an act that is in some way connected to the city/region where they end up hosting the contest? For better or worse that would make for a great home coming gig for whoever it is and it at least gives the fandom something to speculate upon and act as internet detectives when we get into January of next year.

Top Bottom