• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

theditz83

Veteran
Really?? :oops:

How popular is s she in :uk:?? Here in :de: she´s more or less a One-hit wonder.
Her duet with Becky Hill (produced by David Guetta) "Crazy What Love Can Do" is awesome - one of the best pop house tracks in years 🔥

I hope BBC really takes advantage of the UK hosting to build hype for our entrant over an extended period of time for 2023 - I don't want radio silence until February 2023, let's get the public behind the reveal early doors and make sure they can be excited for the "home act" after Sam's stellar showing in Turin xpray

ESCConor

My guess is that the BBC will follow the same approach from 2022, probably play the song first without mentioning it as a ESC song and then announce it on a random date in early-ish March.

I really hope we do a promo tour across Europe like last year and perhaps include doing pre-parties, tv shows, radio shows etc, it really benefitted us especially because it gave Sam a more personal approach than in previous years.

If we keep it the same and we send something on the same level, I am quietly confident we can do well again next year.

ESC_Peggy

My guess is that the BBC will follow the same approach from 2022, probably play the song first without mentioning it as a ESC song and then announce it on a random date in early-ish March.

I really hope we do a promo tour across Europe like last year and perhaps include doing pre-parties, tv shows, radio shows etc, it really benefitted us especially because it gave Sam a more personal approach than in previous years.

If we keep it the same and we send something on the same level, I am quietly confident we can do well again next year.
The promo tour depends on the record label. Parlophone were eager to do a lot as they wanted Sam to build music industry contacts so he could return to those countries for his career after Eurovision.

ESCConor

The promo tour depends on the record label. Parlophone were eager to do a lot as they wanted Sam to build music industry contacts so he could return to those countries for his career after Eurovision.

You would really hope they would do a promo tour. Parlophone really gave Sam the support and look how well it turned out. I do hope whoever TAP chooses for 2023 will go out there and do a promo tour across europe like we saw this year.

HarryUK

Veteran
You would really hope they would do a promo tour. Parlophone really gave Sam the support and look how well it turned out. I do hope whoever TAP chooses for 2023 will go out there and do a promo tour across europe like we saw this year.
I'd just urge on the side of caution with a promo tour - the BBC did promo tours previously and that didn't help our televote score, I think Sam is just naturally a warm individual and he had an outstanding song with great staging, and it resonated. I'd love a promo tour, but I don't think it guarantees a left hand side of the leaderboard finish. Besides, the promo tour Sam did was more for his label and career post-Eurovision.

theditz83

Veteran
Not me thinking that BBC had finally come to its senses with their New Years Eve scheduling this year, only to discover today that us Scots are left with the god-awful same old presenters and cheesy reels/ceilidh music with accordions and fiddles. We don't even get the showing of the Eurovision Concerts with Kalush etc that the rest of the nations can enjoy after the bells...

So glad I have my Sky Q box to be able to record one of the regional BBC channels instead. I mean I'll be drunk in my friend's hot-tub anyway, but defo wanted to watch Sam and the Eurovision concert when I had the chance. Pretty sure the coverage would've been different if Glasgow had been hosting next year... BBC Scotland are a nightmare 🙄

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
Not me thinking that BBC had finally come to it's senses with their New Years Eve scheduling this year, only to discover today that us Scots are left with the god-awful same old presenters and cheesy reels/ceilidh music with accordions and fiddles. We don't even get the showing of the Eurovision Concerts with Kalush etc that the rest of the nations can enjoy after the bells...

So glad I have my Sky Q box to be able to record one of the regional BBC channels instead. I mean I'll be drunk in my friend's hot-tub anyway, but defo wanted to watch Sam and the Eurovision concert when I had the chance. Pretty sure the coverage would've been different if Glasgow had been hosting next year... BBC Scotland are a nightmare 🙄
Why can’t you just watch the coverage live on iplayer? BBC Scotlands autonomy is important

theditz83

Veteran
Why can’t you just watch the coverage live on iplayer? BBC Scotlands autonomy is important
Like I said, Sky lets you watch the shows that the other regions are watching with ease. I'm not the only person that's tired of the repeats of old Scottish comedy shows and cheesy productions forcing some need for difference on us every single year. Especially in a year when they decide to finally do something unique on TV for the bells.

HarryUK

Veteran
Not me thinking that BBC had finally come to its senses with their New Years Eve scheduling this year, only to discover today that us Scots are left with the god-awful same old presenters and cheesy reels/ceilidh music with accordions and fiddles. We don't even get the showing of the Eurovision Concerts with Kalush etc that the rest of the nations can enjoy after the bells...

BBC Scotland are SNP puppets, just like the BBC in England and Wales are Tory appeasers. They are government run after all.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
BBC Scotland are SNP puppets, just like the BBC in England and Wales are Tory appeasers. They are government run after all.
The only channel that challenges the Tories in any serious capacity is Channel 4 and that is why Nadine Dorries was hell bent on selling it off even though literally everything and everyone told her not to.

I'm excited to see the content they've put on for New Years. Sadly I have plans so I wont be able to see any of it live. :/

HarryUK

Veteran
I'll sadly miss it too! The bf and I are going away for New Years on Thursday and we're not back until Monday - but I've already recorded it on Sky!

Chrisiam

The UK Eurovision rumour mill kicks off earlier and earlier. I'm still not sober from New Years and it is already kicking off!

ESCConor

Getting my realistic head on, I can see the BBC going for someone like Tom Grennan. Well known in the UK and Europe but perhaps hasnt got that platform just yet.

Alternatively, they might go down a similar path to Sam and go for someone who is well known online, so that might point to someone like Talia Mar.

hijirio

Veteran
A female singer please xpray Raye maybe?

theditz83

Veteran
A female singer please xpray Raye maybe?
Raye's just scored her first UK solo #1 so she's not going to be mega-interested IMO.

Ella Henderson would be more likely perhaps, or one of the many other vocalists that seem to make their living from providing their vocals to DJ/producers tracks. Heck, that's where Raye cut her teeth for years after limited solo success, and now she's finally getting the big recognition as a solo artist.

I do have a strong feeling BBC might go for a female vocalist this year tbh after 3 (4) years of male vocalists.

Chrisiam

There is still a part of me that wonders if they will select an act from the host city. It might feel a tad twee to do a "Home Coming gig" type of deal but I could see it happening. And I also wonder if they might not try and get one of the acts from their Sounds of 2023 (or whatever it is called) thing. Granted they are more on the credible side of things but I could see the BBC at least trying it for the sake of brand synergy.

HarryUK

Veteran
There is still a part of me that wonders if they will select an act from the host city.
The petition for The Vivienne featuring Baga Chipz with 'Pretty Legs, Great Big Knockers' has begun!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The Girl Group Flo were named BBCs sound of 2023 recently. Pure speculation but they could be one possibility.

Top Bottom