2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisiam

I think they'll end up looking at the financial results of this from here on. They didn't get a good result in the contest, then they need to hope that Muller made TaP some decent enough money to keep on with it. I suppose we'll see how things go with the Junor contest as I think TaP is involved with that/were involved with that last year.

JenJen94

If there is one thing I hope doesnt happen and thats TAP and the BBC parting ways.

Theyve proved last year they can do it, it just didnt happen this year, I feel the song didnt suit Mae sadly.

I hope they stick to their guns, take stock and go again in 2024

This is what I hope so too!! I don't want them to change the way they're selecting their talent just because of Mae's result-like you said, they can do it and they've proved they can do it. You win some, you lose some, you learn.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
My fav part of the entire final was the last chorus where she just bangs the vibe. Idc about her vocals it is just the mood

Kitakaze

I’m gutted for Mae but needless to say a lot of us saw this coming from the get go. I still thought they did an excellent job with the staging and it was the best it could’ve been.

crashworld

Veteran
To be honest, I didn't expect this to end up bottom 5 (together with Germany). I thought it will come in the range of 16-20 for the final results. I really love the staging, think it's the best of this year's contest. But too bad, her vocals didn't pull through.

Sammy

Veteran
Cesar Sampson said he was surprised how much use of the backing vocals was her performance. And it‘s true, vocally it was indeed underwhelming. Nevertheless, this will stay among my all time favorites from the UK.

Btw, she was on the pre-show for the SF2 on ORF and seems to be a very nice and funny person. xlove

jeriswani

Imho opinion we need to just start sending the best singer/best song. I didn’t like how Tap wanted to send a woman because we sent men for 3 years. We should just be sending the best act. Maybe aiming for the jury is the way to go as the televote is too unpredictable plus a lot of jury bait won’t make it past the semi. Just look at Estonia she did incredibly well with a very jury bait song and incredible vocals.

I’m not angry as i trust the BBC to come back stronger and reading a few of their articles they themselves know what the problems were. British pop bangers are the hardest to translate to the Eurovision stage just look at Gina G. We just don’t really know how to do them well. On to 2024 where we will be back stronger.

MAD20

Why did they choose such a bad part for the recap? Mae was not that bad vocally, and the song is a banger, maybe a better part could have scratched some more points.

Chrisiam

Well, I remember seeing an interview where TaP said they had a song in mind for this year, which to me says that they always wanted a song like this one and given it sounded close enough they went for it. Which if true is disappointing as I feel that, yeah, they should go with the strongest-sounding song and vocalist rather than going in with any preconceptions of what they want.

Rocket man

In future the UK should focus on jury bait songs, some years the televote will work in our favour and some years it won't but at least we won't have to be concerned about coming in last place. I can see juries really want to give points to the UK like they do with Italy and Sweden, but we rarely give them a justified reason for doing so.

Chrisiam

Gonna be honest, looking at this on a wider scale I feel the UK (and Germany and Spain to a certain extent) just kind of miscalculated this year rather than put forward anything that was outright bad. For the UK in the end it all just didn't hang well together enough. And I feel the call for Mae was made less on her abilities on the live circuit and went more off how good she sounds in the studio, her streaming numbers (as a big deal was made of that when she was announced by some), and her song sounding close enough to the kind of vibe they were looking for rather than basing it on the strength of the song itself.

So hopefully the BBC and TaP (or however replaces them if anyone) can learn the right lessons from this and move on to a better result next year.

HarryUK

Veteran
Votes from :ua: for this song:

Grand Final

Jury: :4: points
Televote: :5: points

xheart xheart xheart
Less missiles for you this year :LOL:
I'm joking of course! Thank you Ukraine! We've found a new friend in Europe and I couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom