2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HarryUK

Comparing to James Newman is kinda a reach tbh. She carries far more charisma, stage presence and sass compared to him for start. James looked like a drunk guy doing karaoke down his local pub.
It was the "Rotterdam!" shout for me during the semi final preview that put me off the whole thing - the staging was horrendous enough, then the chav fur coat and loafers came out, then that lager lout declaration of where he is...

Last edited:

Bmbriga

Comparing to James Newman is kinda a reach tbh. She carries far more charisma, stage presence and sass compared to him for start. James looked like a drunk guy doing karaoke down his local pub.
Sorry, but she seems exactly the same to me.
Dressed, moves and sings like a random girl at a girls night out in karaoke bar. xshrug
I don't see any sass or charisma.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Sorry, but she seems exactly the same to me.
Dressed, moves and sings like a random girl at a girls night out in karaoke bar. xshrug
I don't see any sass or charisma.

Well then obviously you must have been watching something else. There is many things wrong with Maes performance can be listed and i'm expecting a mediocre score, but to say she has no sass or charisma is kinda ridiculous. She's been dripping in it since she was announced in March. :'D

HarryUK

Well then obviously you must have been watching something else. There is many things wrong with Maes performance can be listed and i'm expecting a mediocre score, but to say she has no sass or charisma is kinda ridiculous. She's been dripping in it since she was announced in March. :'D
I'm actually obsessed with her energy and sass. Polar opposite of James Newman

Chrisiam

I don't think the UK is going to get zero points. If I were to be bold I could see it getting a 12 from Ukraine but that is about the only big score I think it will be getting. I don't think that will be the sum total of what they get, and even if it isn't a 12 I can see the best result coming from them. Hell, maybe that is why Ukraine is going first because the organisers feel that they might, and for the domestic audience it would probably sting less seeing their lead slip away rather than it never happening at all.

Bmbriga

Well, sorry, but in my mind sass and charisma is something that comes naturally.
I really don't know much about her outside of her performance, she seems like a nice and lovable person, but her performance looks to me like someone who tries to look sassy and just fails most of the time.

So, again let's just agree to disagree, because you will never convince me she's a naturally sassy or very charismating performer with great stage presence.

Let's just agree sass and charisma means something else in your parts of Irish/British woods and leave it at that. 🙂

Rocket man

I really like that Liverpool decided to bring Sonia back to Eurovision as part of the interval tonight. Looking back at UK Eurovision history, I thought she was one of our best performers and she finished a deserved 2nd place.

marty

I dont want to be offensive but in my opinion she clearly has no charisma on stage. She seems to be totally lost, doesnt know where to look. Vocally this is a desaster of course. My opinion is based on the performance shown in the semi 2. In interviews she is very charismatic and fun though.

Chrisiam

Well, not a total wash out but, well, in the end, she didn't deliver. Like I said earlier, she has been too inconsistent. She is either bad, "good enough", or good. And tonight she was "good enough" as she seems to have been last night. And "good enough" is fine for pre-parties but not for the main event. As someone said in another thread the UK needs to find artists that aren't just good on the studio version, they need people who can bring it live. Hopefully, that can be the case next year, but I have a feeling they'll softball it so they don't have to run the risk of hosting it so soon after this year.

Rub7922

Guess my worry from the start was confirmed. The song was ok but had no punch to it. I like Mae but the performance and vocal is everything. Why the UK selection people forget this point is beyond me.
When picking our song, make sure it can be performed live!!

Bmbriga

The choice of the song was not good to start with.
Her vocals aside, the song in studio version is very produced, vocals including, so it's seemed from a start that it's going to sound flat live.

ESCConor

If there is one thing I hope doesnt happen and thats TAP and the BBC parting ways.

Theyve proved last year they can do it, it just didnt happen this year, I feel the song didnt suit Mae sadly.

I hope they stick to their guns, take stock and go again in 2024

Top Bottom