2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiritofKeiino

I think her 'I hate this country' comment was a bit tongue in cheek, right wing media has taken it too literally.
I'm Irish and follow UK news closely, am no great fan of either Boris Johnson or Keir Starmer tbh. I hate when the UK media misquotes someone like this and tear them down based on their political views.

Mainshow

Veteran
I think that almost everyone has made such comments about their home country at some point.

Ariana Grande also survived the donut gate - Mae will survive her "I hate GB"-comment as well.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I think her 'I hate this country' comment was a bit tongue in cheek, right wing media has taken it too literally.
I'm Irish and follow UK news closely, am no great fan of either Boris Johnson or Keir Starmer tbh. I hate when the UK media misquotes someone like this and tear them down based on their political views.

No one other than the brainless idiots and trolls believe she's actually serious about hating heir own country, it's obviously an off the cuff remark. The right wing tabloid media love a good smear piece, and GB News is trash that around only 2 people bother to watch so they'd love to jump on anything trashy to raise their profile - it's why they have such a vested interest in bringing down the BBC. if anything me makes me like her even more.

theditz83

Veteran
Trust me - look at some apples when that part of the song is playing - your brain will soon switch! :lol:

So now we have the video version on Spotify, can we please confirm that version is the "Eurovision version"? There's about 4 seconds of reverb at the end, so it's around the 3-minute mark I reckon. And she's performing this version at the pre-parties (with an alt middle-8 rap) so yeah - the shorter Spotify version should go far far away xup

Ali_

Trust me - look at some apples when that part of the song is playing - your brain will soon switch! :lol:

So now we have the video version on Spotify, can we please confirm that version is the "Eurovision version"? There's about 4 seconds of reverb at the end, so it's around the 3-minute mark I reckon. And she's performing this version at the pre-parties (with an alt middle-8 rap) so yeah - the shorter Spotify version should go far far away xup
It definitely is. She said in her interview on This Morning a couple of weeks ago that she added the spoken part specifically for Eurovision. The song had been written before she was approached about Eurovision then she added that section.

Top Bottom