• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

FilipFromSweden

oh heeeeell no

Chrisiam

I had a feeling it would be on last. I don't know, it weirdly fits. If only because I can imagine the corny jokes that would come with it being there.

DanielLuis

I think going last really helps the host country in particular a lot, especially when their entry is as danceable and naturally a good closer like this one is.
There's gonna be such a momentum and build-up to it in the arena, and the people will probably go mad with hype after it's finished, and that will come across in the TV show. Pretty sure it will elevate the result a little bit.

ESCConor

I think going last really helps the host country in particular a lot, especially when their entry is as danceable and naturally a good closer like this one is.
There's gonna be such a momentum and build-up to it in the arena, and the people will probably go mad with hype after it's finished, and that will come across in the TV show. Pretty sure it will elevate the result a little bit.

I think it definately does, the betting odds seem to have shifted a bit for the UK as well, gone from 7th at the start of the day to 5th.

Feeling quietly confident of a left hand side scoreboard finish this year.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The latest eurovision cast (around 30 minutes in) spoke to Ben Mawson and he elaborated on the selection process of Mae.

-They weren't certain if they'd be involved again but decided they would be - hopefully they will be next year.
-There was 5 artists in the running, including Mae.
-They also had a specific song but it didn't particularly fit with any singers. Then Mae had just recorded IWAS.
-They played the song to many people in the industry & outside of it beforehand (including Lana Del Rey) to get their opinion on the song.
-They wanted to go in another direction from last year and thought tapping into the female pop scene would be a good direction.

Might be worth a listen if you're interested in all the details.

Top Bottom