13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
I don’t know why but since yesterday I have such an earworm and it's a mash up in my head of I Wrote A Song and this gem below that somehow reminds me of Mae‘s :ROFLMAO:

Fluke

It's like a unmemorable, messy blend of Israel and Austria's entries. They couldn't have know about them, of course, but it's a strange coincidence that both the song and video seems like a perfect 50% blend of the two. Other than that.... yeah, it's better than the abysmal level of entries the UK has been known for recently, but i doubt they'll get another top 5 result, if anything it will resemble those two other entries too much and kind of end up as a forgettable sandwich inbetween them.

Dolly Blue

Ok. I have to admit. Yesterday, this song was such a hit for my hears on the gym. 😍
10 solid points.

It's like a unmemorable, messy blend of Israel and Austria's entries. They couldn't have know about them, of course, but it's a strange coincidence that both the song and video seems like a perfect 50% blend of the two. Other than that.... yeah, it's better than the abysmal level of entries the UK has been known for recently, but i doubt they'll get another top 5 result, if anything it will resemble those two other entries too much and kind of end up as a forgettable sandwich inbetween them.
I like Austria's song quite a lot but Israel's is messy so not sure why you would single out uk as being messy?

Mrlazzyjazzy

This is one of the few songs this year I can see on the radio, besides Tattoo (in mostly European countries). Wonder if it will perform similarly to Snap.

ollibox

Eemm... What to say? Struggling with words a bit, English being not my native language.
First of all, something different from UK and I think it's a good thing.
Second thought, it's definitely not a bottom 5 song. I'd predict at least TOP 15 in the final. Maybe even higher, but a good result highly depends of the staging, the show and her live vocals.
Third, I think it's a decent banger and quite memorable. And memorability is CRUCIAL if you want people to vote for a specific entry. UK has more or less achieved that. At least in my opinion.
Regarding my personal taste, I quite like it! Playlist material for sure! I'd rate it with a honest :7: for now.

Sammy

Veteran
Upgrading it to :8:
I like that it‘s a song about a strong woman and the idea that you can use a difficult situation for creativity. For me it conveys strong womanhood for once in a different way than to focus on sexual attraction. (nothing wrong with the latter though)

Brandt

A guy cheated on his girlfriend and in two months Europe will be voting for him

Simon

Sorry, not my cup of tea. After keeping us waiting I expected better, UK. I mean, a younger (especially female) audience might go for it, but it’s pretty boring and hollow in my opinion. A rich-girl (as portrayed in the video) breakup is not new, original, or interesting…to me. Breakup songs in general are passé and sometimes vulgar even, but this is just…okay.

Give me Croatia, Finland and Serbia over this. What does that say about me?

Last edited:

ayzelto

Upgrading to 10. This is so uplifting and catchy. I don’t expect a great result but I think it can do quite decent if they work hard on it. This is in my top 3 atm!!

Bmbriga

This is the one I also have a feeling is going to sound very different live than in the studio version.

musicfan

Not that bad and could be elevated by staging. Horrible title which probably doesn't lead the audience to expect much. Something trivial like that may cost points. Otherwise the wordless vocal hook is probably the weak part. Toy was way more annoying throughout yet got hype. Performance will be key.

ESC94

The song has some interesting elements but it´s also kinda irritating for me, not a big fan of her voice either. xthink

I give the :uk: another :4:, can´t see them repeating the success of Sam Ryder.

SpiritofKeiino

I can't see this getting many televotes. It feels like a song that most people will neither love nor hate. The staging on the night will be interesting.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
In a better year, I could write about how I don't like the backing in the verses & how it could use much more bass. In a better year, I could write about how the melody in the chorus is taking a bit too much inspiration from the less-fun-more-annoying British pop music of the mid-2000s instead of from better places. In a better year, I could talk about how it's an unfortunate mark against the 3-minute rule that it doesn't end with the "da da da da da dai" bit instead of the other half of the chorus and how that makes it feel incomplete.

But in this year, I feel obliged for mental health reasons not to focus on those could-be-small-could-be-big flaws and instead elevate this clever, catchy, dated song with an AMAZING spoken word section as what it is: among the very class of the competition.

:10: points.

HarryUK

Veteran
I found myself screaming this in the shower this morning, which lead me to believe:

A) I somehow know all of the words already
B) This is a proper ear worm
C) I actually LOVE this song

It gives me that Camden Town/Kentish Town flare that I LOVE in a pop song. Mae's also from Kentish Town... Okay I'm sold

Brandt

So yeah, the crowd that thinks Israël is a slay, but this is awful?
Shading a song to praise another. wow

Anyway, all that autotune won't work the final night so nothing much to expect in terms of on the full scoreboard in the end.

Iker

Veteran
Have you heard that Mae has a crush on Noa Kirel? She made a tweet about it.

Top Bottom