13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
It's a catchy pure pop song. Well above average for what UK used to serve in the 21st century - with the bar being set low though admittedly. But as fine as it is it's a weaker entry than ''Spaceman'' imho.

It is not very special.

Last edited:

DirtyFalcon

This is a decent pop song, better than most of the UK entries in the last years but still worse than Lucie Jones or Sam Ryder's songs. It might escape the bottom 5 with a decent performance but i'm not sure it will crack the Top 15. 15th to 20th would be my bet. It's a 6 for me.

blue00eyes

Seems like every song this year is bottom 5. Y'all overdramatic.
It's more about show, ppl don't listen to music nowadays they scroll and watch

Semra

Maybe as 37 year old man I’m being too critical on this, I guess it is the kind of song scorned teenage girls (and maybe some boys ;))will mime along to on TikTok whilst putting their make up on and trying on different outfits getting ready to go out and find another fboy. Times do move on lol.
I'm slightly older than you, with children of the tik tok age. They listen to indie pop, indie rock and EDM. They may be a bit outside the norm, they dislike TikTok, but this kind of pop from the UK this year reminds me more of pop from when I myself was young. It may be a different culture/trend in Britain?

This is far too superficial to me and the lyrics are a no no. A pop song I liked this year, despite party pop not being my thing, was Vicco - Nochentera from Spain. The only positive for me is Britain will outshine Blanka/Poland in talent.

hijirio

Veteran
Just saw on TV BBC World promoting the UK entry :O you can tell they actually take it seriously

gigi_copp3

Well, this is pretty weak.
Still better than James Newman, Michael Rice, Josh Dubovie and a lot of UK representatives of the decade.

Rocket man

Big lies detected actually. Our entries haven't been beige. They have been utter garbage.
Still doesn`t change the fact that UK`s entry is pretty meh this year though. xshrug
I'd call them beige, inorffensive entries. On the other hand a lot of UK entries in the past have definitely been garbage.

Chrisiam

For what it is worth this song is now trending #1 on the UK's Youtube. Which Spaceman failed to do. Though granted the last one to do that was Embers so make of that what you will.

FilipFromSweden

Germany’s entries have been from 2014-2022, yes
Sorry but 2018 was perfect. Also how can you describe the 2021 one as beige? It was like Skittles and cocaine

Top Bottom