2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cestrian18

This is the lowest key announcement they've ever done, no mention of it being the song/artist reveal, just a 'listen to Radio 2 at 8.30 for news.' If it is an announcement, the Comms people at the BBC want sacking for such a mess up. If it was the artist reveal, why wasn't Zoe hyping it this morning

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Countryfile. :LOL: All the pensioners will be seeing it before bed then.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Chrisiam

It isn't beyond form for the BBC to do a reveal during/after an unrelated program. Previously there had been reveals of things to do with Doctor Who during the breaks in Tennis and Football matches. So the idea of the Beeb squeezing the Eurovision reveal after a show like Countryfile seems weirdly on brand.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The Sun reporting it's Mae Muller...

"FOR years it's been regarded as a national joke, with a string of gimmick acts and no-hopers representing the United Kingdom at Europe's biggest night in music."

Sun didn't hold back

amurray123

Unfortunately, it's confirmed Mae Muller, with "I wrote a song"
Really feels like a step down from last year. I get the feeling there might be some influence at the top of the Beeb that was ignored last year, but decided to put themselves back into the decision process this year.
The artist is not bad - but this song is almost a lock to come bottom 5. I know it's a weak year, but the fact they've sent something 'safe' in a year where everyone else is taking risks, could mean 0 points from Televote, again, on home soil.
Also - if it was going to be something basic and not diverse all - why spend all winter talking up the diversity of the act & not denying other acts when brought up? It honestly feels like someone higher up stepped in and changed their plans. If you really have the chance to send someone like Rina, or even some of the other names mentioned (Mimi, Cat Burns, Freya) would you choose this???
I really hope not, but this could be another last place.

HarryUK

Veteran
SO besties, what other country are we supporting now our own is proving to be out of touch again??

Rocket man

So the BBC really don't wanna host Eurovision for a second year in a row. Because there is no way you would choose someone with limited vocal range and the charisma of a dead fish and then think that Mae person would win Eurovision for the UK.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I'll wait for the song but I have low expectations, I'm hoping the song isn't basic and generic as f***, but let's see.

HarryUK

Veteran
Did nobody at the BBC learn that basic bops get you no where???? Hi James Newman

Synergise

God all this doom and gloom about Mae :lol: you’re all so dramatic.
It's less about one specific year, and what it says about our future.

I've wanted to feel like the BBC have finally found their footing. If this is the song, they absolutely haven't. So what are we going to get next year, or the year after that?

Top Bottom