Contact us

United Kingdom UNITED KINGDOM 2022 - Freya Skye - Lose My Head

AlekS

Veteran
flag-800.png

-----​

The BBC has confirmed that the United Kingdom will participate in Junior Eurovision for the first time since 2005, and that it will broadcast the 2022 Contest live on CBBC, BBC One and BBC iPlayer.

Last edited by a moderator:

ESCConor

I am incredibly excited about this.

If feels like the Eurovision brand, which in the past has been mocked and ridiculed here in the UK is no more.

There is a massive sea change happening here in the UK, and boy I am excited for it.

It will be interesting to see how the BBC will use its platform, CBBC does have quite big resources so it will be very intriguing to see who they choose to go to Yerevan.

HarryUK

Veteran
I was expecting this year or next year tbh. The UK has fallen in love with Europe again lol

musicfan

I was expecting this year or next year tbh. The UK has fallen in love with Europe again lol
It's nothing to do with politics. It's a broadcaster wishing to enter a song contest, and most of the broadcasters in the EBU don't enter this anyway. I expect most who watch Eurovision aren't even aware of this contest.

HarryUK

Veteran
It's nothing to do with politics. It's a broadcaster wishing to enter a song contest, and most of the broadcasters in the EBU don't enter this anyway. I expect most who watch Eurovision aren't even aware of this contest.
Girl it was a joke lol

ESCConor

Im exicted to see who we will end up sending to JESC.

My sense is that the BBC and Buzz Kids who are the talent agency they are collaborating with, have already selected an artist and song.

Maybe this is the BBCs long term approach, promoting future ESC stars through JESC.

ESCConor

Any idea when we are expecting the BBC to announce the artist and song? My guess is not very long.

Last edited:

ESCConor

Apparently this is the UK JESC song.

HarryUK

Veteran

Freya Skye is confirmed with Lose My Head

Chrisiam

That was rather fine. I'm sorry if that sounds kind of dismissive but I haven't watched Junior Eurovision since the UK's debut so I don't know how it compares to others in terms of quality. If it were in the main contest I don't think it would win but could still get a respectable enough position.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Hold up. Its a bit of a bop going on there. What a return

Top Bottom