Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
The good ones always stay home and support San Marino anyway, going on forums to criticise the BBC year in, year out, whilst passionately campaigning for national treasure, Jane McDonald. Don't be fooled by those waving the Union Jack at Eurovision. They're not a true representation of the charming follicly-challenged British Eurovision fan. In fact, I think they're not even gays, but football hooligans there to keep our reputation as holidaymakers at an abysmally low level.
I waved the Union Jack in Tel Aviv Arena back in 2019..

Two girls from The UK sitting next to me who form World famous Sergey Lazarev UK Fan Club gave me together with small Russian flag...I still have 'em in my cupboard...

Goosh I love ESC! xlove xheart

Loindici

Veteran
Uhm, aside of that, what's up with BBC being a smartass for not making another biographical James video and just link the old ones on a new post? So resourceful xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Whats the point in making new bio videos though? I doubt much has changed in his life in the past year. :lol:

Loindici

Veteran
I'll just say BNT can put BBC to shame when it comes to promoting their entrants xthink not that BBC needs to do another interview with James, but come on, you're BBC, do some promo with your budget!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'll just say BNT can put BBC to shame when it comes to promoting their entrants xthink not that BBC needs to do another interview with James, but come on, you're BBC, do some promo with your budget!

I mean yeah, true. They could be way proactive. I think the most annoying aspect is "coming soon" or "in due course" instead of giving a date. They're always vague

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
A sun, explosion and a dancer in a red dress.

OMGGG SUMMER BOP COMING.

theditz83

Veteran
Yeah trawling through that twitter thread and the replies has just given me major anxiety, particularly the below exchange:

Danny Gascoigne: I'm hoping for a summer banger dance???
James Newman: I'm hoping that's what it is! x

If this is merely a BBC gag order, grand. But if (also very likely) James doesn't actually know himself what a "summer dance banger" is meant to sound like, then god help us all...

Meanwhile actual British artists and producers in the past weeks are pumping out these - my hopes are way too high right now, aren't they? xcry

(I know Martin Jensen isn't British, but Georgia Ku most certainly is ;) )

@James Newman if you're reading this thread with intrigue, the above are summer dance bangers. Copy and paste as you see fit, you're welcome xlove

Last edited:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
If this is merely a BBC gag order, grand. But if (also very likely) James doesn't actually know himself what a "summer dance banger" is meant to sound like, then god help us all...
James has worked on songs with Calvin Harris, Rudimental, Armin van Buuren, Matoma and Don Diablo but you think he doesn't know a summer dance track when he hears one? Have some faith...

theditz83

Veteran
James has worked on songs with Calvin Harris, Rudimental, Armin van Buuren, Matoma and Don Diablo but you think he doesn't know a summer dance track when he hears one? Have some faith...
Haha, I know I know, he has worked with some very prominent producers - I guess it all boils down to how much control over the song that the BBC wants to have since they probably don't grasp the concept of banger as easily.

BBC hears banger and immediately is like... LOOOK EVERYONE, A BANGER!!!

giphy.gif

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Well Ana said her song will not be a ballad too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hijirio

Veteran

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Btw i read on .net that some rando on a Facebook group said they heard part of the song and claimed it's an Andy Abraham Lighthouse X cross over Danish inspired piece of beigeness. 🤣🤣

Chrisiam

Well we'll soon see. Given how unceremonious the reveal of the act was this year I imagine that the song will just be randomly squirted out some time this week. I do have faith that Newman knows what a 'banger' is given that is is bread and butter as a song writer and artist (even if that wasn't reflected in his last entry in the contest).

Whether or not it is a quality track or not we frankly don't know for certain until after we've listened to it and we start to get posts going "WE'RE DOOMED!" or "Could it be?... a left hand side of the board finish this year?".

theditz83

Veteran
Btw i read on .net that some rando on a Facebook group said they heard part of the song and claimed it's an Andy Abraham Lighthouse X cross over Danish inspired piece of beigeness. 🤣🤣
I just developed severe acid reflux from reading that. I'm so ready to sneer through every second of the song reveal before removing my headphones in disgust xrofl

giphy.gif

Chrisiam

I dunno, I'm sceptical about it. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if someone said something like that just because they are bitter that Frock Destroyers didn't get selected and anything less than them would be a boring disappointment.

Top Bottom