29 12.3%

30 12.8%

21 8.9%

24 10.2%

17 7.2%

40 17.0%

• Total voters

grazy2266

It's strange that they never apologise for stage invasions in Eurovision, but just pretend it never happened.

Yeah, they released a statement online but said nothing during the show, just carry on and keep things as normal as possible I suppose.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I don't think she was grateful that a stranger came on stage and manhandled her at all actually. I don't blame her for not wanting to go on the stage again.

Okay, "happy" may not be the appropriate term, and I appreciate that it probably wasn't that good an experience (memorable though!)

Still if she had chosen to perform the song again, she would never have been able to deliever as convincing and strong a performance as she did..
It may very well have saved UK from yet another last place! :eek:

MyHeartIsYours

Congrats SuRie, proper Britsh spirit there keeping calm and carrying on! She slayed tonight! Everyone knows I wasn't a fan of this entry but tonight I was definitely proud to be British!

Great job SuRie! :uk: :uk: :uk:

Btw Holy crazy the public ranked us better than SWEDEN :lol: :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The big question: Was it an inside job? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it was an inside job then surely they'd have taken the chance to perform again. :lol:

MyHeartIsYours

The same crazy protester invaded the stage during the National Television Awards and the Voice in the United Kingdom. He said that the British media are Nazis :rolleyes: Honey if you've got a point to make deliver a petition to the Prime Minister, don't ruin SuRie's performance.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That man had the chance to really hurt SuRie there, wtf security.

Yes i was thinking for a moment what if he's a terrorist. He could have stabbed her or anything. It only takes 1 lunatic.

theditz83

Veteran
My heart was in my mouth as that all unfolded on-stage. I honestly felt so bad for her, and you can see the look on her face when the camera flicks back to her that her face is just etched with defeat and feae while her hands start to clap in time trying desperately to keep the performance alive. She was such a professional, and I'm so proud that we sent someone like her to represent us. Like so many have said already, the song is the major issue here.

BBC - sort it out please. Enough of the "this song sounds like something that Eurovision might like" - use your ears and hear what is popular around Europe and the world, what would you hear on all of the radio stations of Europe over the summer or blaring out of every club? Then, forget everything you've ever learned from past UK successes because the contest has moved on and we need to as well. I'm taking the stronger public vote as a sign that we do have support out there. They can't say it's all political since the UK could easily have gotten 11th or 12th place with the majority of countries giving no points while having a more polarising or extreme entry a la Israel would give us at least the chance of some big points.

VedatiNet

Sorry I most say SHAME for Portugal. I was so sorry for surie. the security should be in the 1st place. Thanks God he did not hurt the singer. Please let be serious and if you as a country or as a organiser are not able to keep safe rhe stage and the artist than just give up on hosting such a big events

theditz83

Veteran
Interesting to see that the official Eurovision YouTube channel has posted her Jury Final performance and not the one from the live final. Wonder how they'll deal with it when they eventually upload the whole Grand Final to their channel. Forgetting it ever happened seems a little odd, but I guess they'll want to try and erase it from the long-term memory as much as possible...

SirPeterGriffin

The brexit haters are already becoming radical fundamentalists...i felt bad for Surie, she handled the situation with great profissionalism.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The brexit haters are already becoming radical fundamentalists...i felt bad for Surie, she handled the situation with great profissionalism.

The person said "Nazis of the UK media, we demand freedom. War is not peace". I'm not sure it was Brexiteers. :lol:

dcs34

Interesting to see that the official Eurovision YouTube channel has posted her Jury Final performance and not the one from the live final. Wonder how they'll deal with it when they eventually upload the whole Grand Final to their channel. Forgetting it ever happened seems a little odd, but I guess they'll want to try and erase it from the long-term memory as much as possible...

The BBC uploaded the "real" version, I guess the EBU will air it as it was. Uploading the individual videos is different I guess.

Did they fiddle with the Russia booing in 2014? And last year's invader? That'd be the clue I guess. They'll probably mute and blur the **** at least to deny him the publicity.

Himan

Hey, I always knew i was a radical fundamentalist

MyHeartIsYours

Brexiteers and Bremainers don't always agree lol, but we do know that he isn't a Bremoaner (or at least that isn't what he was going on about). I don't think he has ever mentioned Brexit actually. His "protest" was because he sees the British media as Nazis and labels several of our leading journalists as the new Adolf Hitler. He has also insulted Her Majesty the Queen and when he came out supporting Jeremy Corbyn last year he said that he hopes that Corbyn never "kneels at the feet of that tiny thing and shiny hat", he loves Castro too and has also said that British people are cannibals and the "Germans of the 2nd World War".

Once again great job SuRie! :uk:

170px-Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan.jpg

Jacketh

Blargh, it is so depressing after all she has given that this had to happen. Joe & Jake were great representatives. Lucie was even better and I didn't think we'd get better. SuRie took it up and a notch and was totally loving the experience and embraced everything. I really wanted her to do well tonight. I guess in a way she might be remembered as "someone hijacked her performance but she got through it", rather than simply another failure for the UK.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing her on You Decide in a future with a much better song, as she can clearly sing and is skilled on the piano. Heck, if the BBC want to give her another go, I wouldn't mind a formula similar to Saara Aalto this year where she performs a few songs and we pick one more.

This is the second time in two years now someone has got on the stage during a performance. I know its difficult to considering how huge the stage is... but it isn't exactly a good look.

I was expecting and hoping that she'd perform again, but I'm sure she has her reasons for not doing so and they're perfectly understandable.

Top Bottom