24 10.2%

17 7.2%

40 17.0%

• Total voters

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Re: UNITED KINGDOM 2018

To be honest, I would love it if the UK, out of all countries, sent something in Welsh or Gaelic just to screw with the "English mania" that has taken hold of the ESC the last few years, as in the spirit of "Hey, if you guys don't want to be diverse, we do it for you". Would be at least something unexpected and refreshing xlove

They were asked if they would in a press conference, our HOD said they have to work with the songs submitted, so it is up to the people submitting songs if they write them in English or not, but they don't rule the regional languages out. I Imagine a Welsh song would win our NF on diaspora votes from Wales alone. :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I'm hoping that the BBC will actually pick some bands to take part in the national final next year, some credible and interesting music would be nice...

Apparently we're in a five-year plan for the contest so hopefully next year we might see some more growth... perhaps more songs to choose from or an extra round? Fingers crossed.

What is the five year plan? :? I wish they had said about it. If there is plans to keep expanding on our NF (like this year we had a bigger venue and better channel) then I wonder what is coming. It does certainly give hope, especially with our HOD realising what ESC is actually all about.

Franzilein

They were asked if they would in a press conference, our HOD said they have to work with the songs submitted, so it is up to the people submitting songs if they write them in English or not, but they don't rule the regional languages out. I Imagine a Welsh song would win our NF on diaspora votes from Wales alone. :lol:

Good news actually if they're open to all kinds of suggestions! :-D But seriously, I'd love that, Gaelic and Welsh sound so exotic. UK please :D

Chorizo

A song in Welsh would be great. Is the length of the song titles limited by the rules? If not I would like the song to be about Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or something equally long, just to see how they would handle that.

Edit: I think the forum software has a problem with this name and added a space for some reason. :lol:

Fluke

Goddammit, just SEND BRETT DOMINO, you will be top 5!

ESCada

I'm hoping for an artists that had a hit in recent years and Is kinda well known but not overly popular...... With a mainstream song, good vocals and A M A Z I N G staging.

Romeo

Can we not just send this and all pretend it wasn't released in 2007?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Is there actually any news yet? :'D the silence is killing me and we news by now in the past 2 years.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

not news as such, but I saw an advertisement online from someone looking for a female singer over 18 to write a Eurovision song for, for the UK. So idk if that is just some random planning a song on the idea that there will be another open submission or whether the BBC already doing work and put plans in motion behind the scenes and just not announced anything to us as of yet.

DanielLuis

I hope to god the BBC has taken notice of Paloma Faith saying this, and hopefully they will consider it!

AlekS

Veteran

The 2nd big ESC reject (though I still hope that the BBC will turn their brains on) who shot their music video in Kyiv (the first one were Hurts).
I don't mind if STB/UA:pBC take them all into our NF final. We need 4 more. Come on, Beebs, you can do it xqueenbitch

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Speaking of that previous hoo-ha, her previous reasoning was "competition scares me."

On a totally unrelated note, here she is performing at a competitive awards show.

PamSwynford

Yeah, but unlike 2014, in 2017 she has a floppy 1st single of her new album, Salvador and Jamala won with a music style close to her, and she wants to release a new album in November, which will probably flop. Not to mention she's on a bad reputation after she admitted fixing a round in The Voice when Ricky saved one of the members of TeamPaloma.

Romeo

Just Sayin.....

Top Bottom