21 8.9%

24 10.2%

17 7.2%

40 17.0%

• Total voters

alca

Thanks [MENTION=13343]dcs34[/MENTION]

Alaska49

i really want surie to come back with a killer song. the entire commonwealth doesn't have a more euro-dedicated singer than her!!

Brandt

I have no idea what is the deal with UK media. Does the guy have anything real with the current situation? Is it really corrupted to become nazi-alike or what? If not, then what is wrong with him?

wtf

I hope they listen to people and will confirm SuRie as their 2019 participant soon. Only if she wants it, of course.

At the same time, I think it's about time BBC offered the chance to Hurts. Didn't they talk about wanting to represent UK years ago already? They're really famous here in Estonia, and probably in other countries too. Their style would do well. Idk why they've been ignoring them, especially back when they were still internally selecting.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I have no idea what is the deal with UK media. Does the guy have anything real with the current situation? Is it really corrupted to become nazi-alike or what? If not, then what is wrong with him?

Total moron, ignore him. Simple as that.

FitzyUK

still don't understand how he got on stage in the first place.... anyway if she was to represent us again she needs a less boring song than she sang last time, if that guy hadn't got on stage i think a lot would have forgotten this performance.

dcs34

still don't understand how he got on stage in the first place.... anyway if she was to represent us again she needs a less boring song than she sang last time, if that guy hadn't got on stage i think a lot would have forgotten this performance.

I found another clip that shows it quite well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqZo6dJMTXQ#t=1m32s

Just before the chorus, the guy basically climbs up onto the front part of the stage where there's a big gap in the audience (which look to be unguarded until someone comes back 10 seconds later, maybe he broke something?), then runs along it, over the bridge and towards SuRie. I'm really amazed he wasn't blocked before he got off the bridge but he was moving very fast.

musicfan

It also messed up the song though which is pretty bad when this was the only full performance most saw and likely the biggest stage she'll ever have. I didn't like the song, but then I could say the same about quite a few others. The biggest problem I thought was the 'oh oh' at the end of the chorus, it just didn't fit well, and could make me actively dislike it rather than just be apathetic like with some other songs. But for those who did like it they got cheated out of a proper final performance, which isn't good either.

cripesdude

Well, this ended up even slightly lower than I thought it would. I still think the UK should have taken a risk on the more interesting song from Asanda and spent time polishing that performance. BUT at least we got to discover how awesome SuRie is... so maybe we'll see her back with a better song!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
SuRie has released her new single 'Taking It Over' today!

I really like it! Has a nice chill and summery vibe :mrgreen:

kayak

Wow! After intruder invasion she become stronger and more charismatic. I felt all the energy! I'm shocked, that her final score was too low! She was incredible! UK, great job!

musicfan

Wow! After intruder invasion she become stronger and more charismatic. I felt all the energy! I'm shocked, that her final score was too low! She was incredible! UK, great job!

If she'd performed again she may have got a couple of places higher, I think the interruption took people's mind off the song. Still not a song I like that much, though I could say the same for quite a few songs above it (including the winning song).

Mainshow

Veteran
0 pts. BBC is not even trying. I think they just want to submit boring and average entries so that after the final, they can go all ranting over Europe and us being "unprofessional and discriminating towards the UK" because of politics and blah.

Get your act together, BBC, and submit a great entry again, pls.
SuRie was a great performance and she handled everything professionally but the song was just painfully dull and boring.

ESC94

Now we move on to another member of my personal flop 5 of 2018, :uk:. I have to admit that the United Kingdom is the country at the ESC that angers me the most. Despite having one of the biggest and most diverse music industries in the world and being the homeland of many successful artists they always send boring and uncharismatic nobodys with dull album tracks nobody wants to hear, and sadly this was again the case in 2018. :(

That year they were represented by the young singer SuRie and her song "Storm". When I saw her performing the song for the first time it really reminded me of :de: 2017, and this is not a compliment!! A singer that looked like a younger version of Annie Lennox but sadly had as much charisma as a slice of toast with an uninteresting voice singing an extremely flat and boring album track. I don´t know why but this is a kind of song I can imagine being played during a dancing evening in a retirement home, in the background while buying food in a supermarket or while ironing your trousers at home. In these scenarios it would be ok, but at the ESC it just felt sooo boring, uninteresting and completely fallen out of time. xbored

Before the contest I saw this as a hot contestant for the last place, and I´m pretty sure that without the stage invasion and all these "sympathy calls" afterwards this would have happended, because to be honest this incident was really the only interesting thing about her performance, even if this sounds mean. :oops:

All in all this was another wasted year for the :uk:, this was basically doomed from the very beginning. After the contest we had the usual complaints from the yellow press that they should retire because the "evil" Europeans hate them because of Brexit, politics in general and blah blah. No!! Please stop with this nonsense!! xgaah

You don´t do poorly because of politics, the viewers simply notice if a country doesn´t even try to win or at least do well!! And if the people in charge at the BBC don´t realise this you will not do any better in the future, this is something I can promise you!!! xangry

Anyway, this piece of nothing gets a clear :0: from me, it was simply hopeless from the start!! xfacepalm

Last edited:

musicfan

Well, I feel for Surie for sure, but one cannot avoid the fact that her act was interrupted by her fellow countryman and the target of this incident was BBC, not her. If this world were fair, BBC would have apologized to her. I could go on, but I really don't want to get into messy debates with commentators here. All I will say in the end is that the whole matter is quite ironic.
BBC apologise for a lunatic who was allowed to get onto the stage by the organisers in Portugal?

Top Bottom