30 7.7%

21 5.4%

17 4.4%

21 5.4%

22 5.7%

85 21.9%

• Total voters

grazy2266

The results are very interesting this year. Things seem to have changed. It was nice to see Cyrus and Greece not giving each other 12 points haha has that ever happened before, when they are both in the contest? Also Austria, the host nation no points wow that's tough and a one off maybe?

Jacketh

I don't think they did that badly, actually! I was expecting worse. We beat France and Germany, so hey ho.

But yeah, we need a TV show to select next years. And don't make it into a joke of a show like 'Your country needs you!', actually make it feel somewhat respectable and it may just work.

grazy2266

I don't think they did that badly, actually! I was expecting worse. We beat France and Germany, so hey ho.

But yeah, we need a TV show to select next years. And don't make it into a joke of a show like 'Your country needs you!', actually make it feel somewhat respectable and it may just work.

Hmmmmm If we have a selection show we need to make sure the songs are of high quality. The British public can't be trusted, they often send novelty songs and there is normally at least one in such a contest. Saying all this can the BBC be trusted internally lol

However I am convinced if they called on the public and songwriters to submit songs, a decent panel narrowing them down also. I'm almost sure we could have a national selection with at least 6 decent contenders.

Jacketh

Hmmmmm If we have a selection show we need to make sure the songs are of high quality. The British public can't be trusted, they often send novelty songs and there is normally at least one in such a contest. Saying all this can the BBC be trusted internally lol

However I am convinced if they called on the public and songwriters to submit songs, a decent panel narrowing them down also. I'm almost sure we could have a national selection with at least 6 decent contenders.

If they were to do it as they are now, but instead of simply deciding internally, put it to a public vote on Facebook/Twitter or the BBC site of the top 20 short-listed or somehow included fans, that'd be more democratic.

And hey, at least when we elected our novelty acts they were our novelty acts who we sent. Not the BBC's chosen novelty act. :(

Uvaro

i'd much rather have a national selection than have the bbc decide internally again. yeah, the public have voted for some awful songs in the past, but with a good show and some serious entries we would pick a really good song eventually. just look at latvia, they had a revamp and ended up with their best result in years!

grazy2266

I was just reading a report and it was all about Australia's part in the contest. I came across this little part from the EBU

"Australia has been classed as a “special guest” for 2015 but will be automatically allowed to return if it wins and organisers have not ruled out extending the invite permanently. The broadcaster SBS has paid a “hefty” participation fee like other Big 5 participants, on top of its broadcasting fee, to ensure that Australia’s entrant goes to the final round"

Interesting use of language compared to previous statements lol. Also if other countries decided to pay a larger fee could they bypass the semi finals? Is this all about money to the EBU? Not that I see bypassing the semi finals as an advantage I would rather take part in them.

Just a thought.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Does anyone know the viewing figures for last night? i'm interested to see if they're up or down, an by how much. I know it had to compete with BGT so that will be interesting as well.

grazy2266

I suppose with Sweden winning it means we get to have decent contest next year, I think ORF did a shocking job really.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I suppose with Sweden winning it means we get to have decent contest next year, I think ORF did a shocking job really.

While i'm going to be going anyway so I hope it's in Stockholm. xprayxprayxpray

grazy2266

Does anyone know the viewing figures for last night? i'm interested to see if they're up or down, an by how much. I know it had to compete with BGT so that will be interesting as well.

Nope, I have been looking for them too. I think we will have to wait until, BARB update the site next week for the true figures.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yep I'm going next year too, I missed this year as I went to Australia to visit family for a month back in October so money was tight after that.

I wouldn't usually go, but my mum is going to pay for me and a friend to go for my 21st. I'm actually really excited about going. I'll probably mess up and not manage to get tickets. :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Mrm

Veteran
UK was revolutionary for voting yesterday, after UK voting Sweden went into leading by 1 points to Russia and since the evertryhing was done till the end didn't change at all!! Just anybody are to say UK is not crucial ESC country!!!! :mad:
Also 1 point from the UK to Serbia..

UK IS REVOLUTIONARY ESC COUNTRY!!

We should call it like that from now on.. xlove xheart

And that AWESOME spokesperson yesterday in blue shirt and that sun on her chest!! xbow xlove xheart

UK RULZ!!! xyes

Only SMALL AND EASY thing now is to become REVOLUTIONARY ESC county songwise as well.. :mrgreen: Hmm I thougth for a second yesterday somebody actually mixed UK with Austria or Germany on that scoreboard! :mrgreen :p :D

jackmc123

Oh, god, that was even worse than I thought it would be. Still, at least we got 5 points. 5 more than the hosts and Germany at least (Germany should have Top 10'd tho)

Musicosity

But nobody is really laughing at France like they are with the UK :oops:

The song was ridiculous to start with. But given what they had to work with I think UK put up a decent fight in the final. It could have been much worse. I even thought there might be a chance for the top 20. :oops:

They went down in style. Very British indeed. Bless them.

Top Bottom