14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
Ukrainians selected the national jury via the state app Diia.
The jury has just been revealed:

1. Fozzi (TNMK band leader) - 21.81%
2. Svitlana Tarabarova (Vidbir 2016) - 17.31%
3. Tonia Matviienko (Vidbir 2016) - 14%
4. Oleh Sobchuk (SKAI band leader, Vidbir 2017) - 11.67%
5. Yevhen Khmara (famous pianist) - 10.08%

724 164 people cast their votes.

6XFf78D.jpg

C0L0agN.jpg

Judging from the bomb shelter like
3aCspTf.jpg

SirPeterGriffin

An empty song that got too many points out of pity. I think it's time to question the moral legitimacy of a country having automatically a shitload of points purely based on circunstances outside of the contest. It's unfair for others that have to climb a bigger mountain even if their songs are objectively more beloved.

Bmbriga

An empty song that got too many points out of pity. I think it's time to question the moral legitimacy of a country having automatically a shitload of points purely based on circunstances outside of the contest. It's unfair for others that have to climb a bigger mountain even if their songs are objectively more beloved.
Well, to this day I'm convinced that Portugal's awful snooze fest won because of the pity points and there's not a thing in the world that's going to convince me otherwise, so what are you going to do about it?

Oh, I know! I think we should question your victory and question the moral legitimacy of a country having automatically a shitload of points purely based on circunstances outside of the contest. xcoffee

Mainshow

Veteran
I think it got one of the best stagings of the night.
I don´t like the song but Top 15 with the juries feels about right and it probably got some votes "because of solidarity" - resulting into a Top 5 in televoting but it has been a contender for the lower Top 10 straight from the beginning (which has been discussed on this forum several times). I don´t think that a combinded #6 is surprising to anyone.

Where are all these haters/people predicting that it will win again and that we should have given the trophy to :ua: even before the contest?

NeoTen

I agree with the above, but they can return if they want to. I don't like banning people just for a poor performance.
I would seriously go for Haddaway What is Love or something like modern Craig David. Would suit them more.

Zeus

Ukraine sending something like What is Love from Haddaway must be even more random than Polands televoting score this year

Ezio

Veteran
Good staging but not on par with Shum or Stefania. Kinda a spoiled result for Ukraine. Julia was a great host and I didnt like to see her substituted by the old Irish guy for the voting part. The end of the show was suddenly no co-op anymore.

akoz

LOL @ pity votes narrative again. At this point I think if we would finish last with 5 points people would still find them there :ROFLMAO:.

People just don't understand how many ukrainians leave the country and are now in Europe, ready and happy to vote in biggest european song contest. Also they really underestimate visual presentation of songs - Mika Newton got elevated to 4th position by sand performance, but today all she would get would be - 4th position OnLy BeCaUsE oF pItY vOtEs. Same goes to Tvorchi because they without a doubt got best visuals this year - only some interval acts had better.

Overall great result for us (not too high for such mediocre song but not too low either) but hopefully we'll send something more interesting next year.

WhoKnows

I agree with the above, but they can return if they want to. I don't like banning people just for a poor performance.
I would seriously go for Haddaway What is Love or something like modern Craig David. Would suit them more.

He can't sing live. He has no business being in a vocal competition.

allenakaalan

LOL @ pity votes narrative again. At this point I think if we would finish last with 5 points people would still find them there :ROFLMAO:.

People just don't understand how many ukrainians leave the country and are now in Europe, ready and happy to vote in biggest european song contest. Also they really underestimate visual presentation of songs - Mika Newton got elevated to 4th position by sand performance, but today all she would get would be - 4th position OnLy BeCaUsE oF pItY vOtEs. Same goes to Tvorchi because they without a doubt got best visuals this year - only some interval acts had better.

Overall great result for us (not too high for such mediocre song but not too low either) but hopefully we'll send something more interesting next year.
The pain of being a Eurovision powerhouse along with Sweden and Italy. No matter the good results you get because of the effort you make, people will always find excuses to hate on you.

Literally suffering from success. o_O

Fluke

Am i the only one who didn't like the staging? Aesthetically it wasn't terrible, but i think it made the singer look stiff and restricted them to following all the planned choreography. There were just too many effects, they literally put video in front of the singer, so the feeling of an actual live performance was nonexistent.

I thought the "staging" of the music video was perfect, very simple, sparse backgrounds with all focus on the performers, yet still original and stylish.

Top Bottom