14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
You're not too confident aren't you? All depends on who is performing around them.
Imho, not even being surrounded by the weakest entries can help our song. I expect the sea of 0's from the juries, imho they will follow escapism from war and vote for uptempo and dumb entries which are out of touch with reality as far as possible, and extremely inadequate under current circumstances. + Loreen because she's above everyone else. I don't mind Finland tho, I won't be surprised if our soldiers will use it for their TikToks xlove
Pretty same will happen to televoters.

Last edited:

Brandt

I don't get the notion that Ukraine should be a pre-qualifier this year, to be honest. It has never come to me being a fair decision to begin with. Heart of Steel added just salt after the selection. The revamp was a joke.

A-lister

Veteran
I don't get the notion that Ukraine should be a pre-qualifier this year, to be honest. It has never come to me being a fair decision to begin with. Heart of Steel added just salt after the selection. The revamp was a joke.
Omg you again? You're out of Rubels or what? xshrug

Fair decision? As in winning last year's contest and thus being automatically qualified to the final being part of the rules of Eurovision you mean? xshrug

If you want to spread your bs how about at least trying not to be so obvious all the time? *facepalm*

Last edited:

PlasticToad

As someone who actually really liked Heart of Steel, I don't know how I feel about the revamp. The song flows a bit less well now, I don't really like the new outro, the Ukrainian lines feel out of place... Sigh. What had been in my top 10 looks like it's going to be more of a top 20 song. Still listenable, just far less enjoyable. :(

Zeus

I actually like the bombastic part in the end. That verse in Ukrainian feels forced tho, didn't need that. It's still one of the better songs this year imo, but that also says something about the quality of this years entries.

Mainshow

Veteran
Loreen released her music videos of her winning entry after Eurovision 2012. She's singing in a field at night and "Euphoria" is clearly not about crops, corn and harvesting.

Shocking, I know.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The televote will be a respectable number, but not as massive as you may fear. 😘

StephenMuckle

According to a post on Instagram from a page called Eurovision news, a tender document revealed the staging will involve two ballet dancers and some sort of huge prop, likely the screen from Vidbir on a larger scale with the hazard warning signs, football trick guy etc. It also says that the delegation will spend nearly 75000 Euros on it. Make of that whatever you will. (Seems Eurovoix are staying this as well)

Last edited:

Zeus

I'm not worried about the staging based on both the NF performance and the fact that it's Ukraine. What should improve is the sound quality and the vocal performance to give it enough energy and depth. It was too thin in the NF.

Fierro

According to a post on Instagram from a page called Eurovision news, a tender document revealed the staging will involve two ballet dancers and some sort of huge prop, likely the screen from Vidbir on a larger scale with the hazard warning signs, football trick guy etc. It also says that the delegation will spend nearly 75000 Euros on it. Make of that whatever you will. (Seems Eurovoix are staying this as well)

Spending 75k Euros doesn't sound like a good sign to me
Although I don't know how much our delegations spent in the previous years

Fierro

Ukraine is in lose-lose situation this year. If we place high, generic audience will say we again gathered votes because of sympathy.

And if we flop - they will push the narrative that Europe is tired of Ukraine, we lost both ESC and war etc.

We already had the latter situation in 2017, but in that time there wasn't full scale war going on (also O.Torvald executed their chance horribly), so this time flop in my opinion will be more painful morally for us.

I think i would feel fine with left side finish (including 11th-13th place), given all the factors.

Mainshow

Veteran
Ukraine is in lose-lose situation this year. If we place high, generic audience will say we again gathered votes because of sympathy.

And if we flop - they will push the narrative that Europe is tired of Ukraine, we lost both ESC and war etc.

We already had the latter situation in 2017, but in that time there wasn't full scale war going on (also O.Torvald executed their chance horribly), so this time flop in my opinion will be more painful morally for us.

I think i would feel fine with left side finish (including 11th-13th place), given all the factors.

I agree with you - It´s a very difficult situation for Ukraine in Eurovision as well (nothing compared to the imperial war and acts of genocide carried out by the RuZZian empire).

If you ask me, I think that a lower Top 10 rank would be the best outcome - and it´s even "deserved/justified" in my opinion... even though I don´t like the chorus of the song - the overall entry is quite unique, distinctive and original - and we haven´t got any other entry which is remotely close to it in the competition.

That said, I can still remember how some press and people claimed that Lena flopped in 2011 and were happy about it and she basically made a miracle happen by making Germany being placed Top 10 twice in a row!

midnightsun

Veteran
If we place high, generic audience will say we again gathered votes because of sympathy.

Agreed. The burden is there, which is a pity because in my opinion, Heart of Steel is such a great song (which just barely misses my top 10 because there are such good songs this year despite the overall low quality) with a lot of international appeal. The production is top notch (I really wonder how they did that. And how they managed to shoot the video, it’s incredible.). I really wish for them to do well, come (deservedly) top 10, but yeah… people will talk if it happens.

Fierro

Agreed. The burden is there, which is a pity because in my opinion, Heart of Steel is such a great song (which just barely misses my top 10 because there are such good songs this year despite the overall low quality) with a lot of international appeal. The production is top notch (I really wonder how they did that. And how they managed to shoot the video, it’s incredible.). I really wish for them to do well, come (deservedly) top 10, but yeah… people will talk if it happens.
I think placing high is better than flop in this situation - at least high televote placement can be justified, because people spent their money to give a vote, it's their decision. As for the low placing (under top-13), there's nothing we can do... Only accept it. If it's justified (due to not good enough performance and entry), it's okay, but for most it would mean totally the other thing.

StephenMuckle

I agree with you - It´s a very difficult situation for Ukraine in Eurovision as well (nothing compared to the imperial war and acts of genocide carried out by the RuZZian empire).

If you ask me, I think that a lower Top 10 rank would be the best outcome - and it´s even "deserved/justified" in my opinion... even though I don´t like the chorus of the song - the overall entry is quite unique, distinctive and original - and we haven´t got any other entry which is remotely close to it in the competition.

That said, I can still remember how some press and people claimed that Lena flopped in 2011 and were happy about it and she basically made a miracle happen by making Germany being placed Top 10 twice in a row!

If Tvorchi doesn't win, I hope the Ukrainian press doesn't drag them through the mud. Kalush getting that big score in the televote I think might put unnecessary pressure on them and any future artist representing Ukraine. A lot of people will be expecting that sort of thing again, at the very least nothing other than victory will do and if they don't get it, it'll be seen as a failure and they might get destroyed by the media.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

So, this wouldn't be my pick for Ukraine, but the song is still all right and borderline top. 10 for me when all is said and done. Pretty decent R&B which still has its own touch to it, kind of dark which I like. I hope next year we'll get a more Ukrainian sounding entry again though than something that is trying a bit too much to be "American" or whatever.

Top Bottom