7 4.1%

14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kam2

Judging by point 6.3 of the contract that PBC published on Prozorro personal firm run by Borys Pustovyi (head of Starlight Rental/Vidbir 2023 Executive producer) will be in charge of our staging.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Judging by point 6.3 of the contract that PBC published on Prozorro personal firm run by Borys Pustovyi (head of Starlight Rental/Vidbir 2023 Executive producer) will be in charge of our staging.
Judging from the "budget", the staging will be modest (expectedly). Hopefully, it's simple & effective like Jamala, not O.Torvald's Lenin head trash pls.
But I like how he did Vidbir this year. If the dude knows how to do a nice picture out of underground station, he can improve the staging too.
ps. If they won't revamp the song significantly, pepople who voted for this mediocrity deserve to be annulled in Diia :lol:

Last edited:

Kam2

not O.Torvald's Lenin head trash pls.
That time Oleksandr Kosyachenko(NTU Lead director) served as stage director/HOD, with Starlight Scenery just producing props. This time judging by how a document posted on Proozorro mentions two dancers I expect more or less a repeat of their Vidbir performance.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
KIoy2Nl.jpg

As I've said, they didn't change the song that much. It's 2:38 long. They made the 2nd verse in Ukrainian and added violins at the end as a culmination.
The song will be released tomorrow.

Edit: Foreign haters already hate them for using Ukrainian xrofl I would gladly threw racists & Ukrophobes to crocodiles without hesitation :LOL:

Last edited:

Bmbriga

I don't like mixed songs 99% of the time, so I would be happier if it all in English or all in Ukrainian.

But that cover with heart of steel xheat:love:

YT video of revamp, for classic peasants like me who refuse music platforms that collect data on my personality ["Polly, your taste can be described as eerie and dark"; Polly: "Delete account"]. 🤣

P.S. I'm still not into this. Production here is an unfinished business, and melody like when a tailor has little material to sew the dress.

akoz

Ukrainian part doesn't change anything for me and ending change is definitely for staging performance. They don't change chorus so my main problem with this song still exist. I'll leave :7: but most likely will downgrade to :6: after all songs reveal. This year is much more stronger and diverse than last year, place from 7 to 15 will be ours depending from our staging.

StephenMuckle

I don't think a revamp was needed. Americanised Rnb style songs can be good when they aren't too overproduced, I think this revamp for me doesn't really bring anything new. It was perfectly fine as it was.

Mainshow

Veteran
Mmh - I somehow think that the production value has decreased?

I see what they were trying to achieve with the strings and it was a cool idea to make the song more memorable but strangely, they partly tank the organ sounds (which were the highlight of the song).

The Ukrainian part is too short to really make an impact. It´s a pity because they still had more than 20 seconds left to spice it up.
The chorus is too slow, for my liking.

Fierro

I'm a bit disappointed because this song needed chorus change to become viable. But at the same time it clearly was difficult to revamp such chorus without making it sound forced that might potentially ruin vibe of the song. Better to underdo than overdo. Overall production adjustments it seems take in focus future ESC staging to make it more memorable. At least they didn't ruin the song so it's alright. Hope their staging will resemble music video, I liked it.

I think juries will enjoy it, as for the viewers, it will do well too because of the message and overall situation. Top-10 is very likely (but i don't know if other countries would do the same with this kind of entry)

LivingOrganism

It is just my personal opinion, but I think a lot of people treat Ukraine's entry unnecesarilly harshly this year. Maybe because they are afraid that the situation with Kalush will happen again (so called "pity vote"). I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and not everyone has to like "Heart of Steel", but for me it definitely is one of the standouts of this years ESC. Many other songs we got this year are very quirky (Finland, Austria, Serbia etc.) and while this is definitely not a bad thing (Finland is still my favorite) Heart of Steel sounds the most professional and "umph", if you know what I mean. TVORCHI also seem like people, who know what they're doing, so I hope they elevate it further through the staging and live performance in May.

As for the revamp, I love it. Makes the song sound more epic and showcases the meaning much more than the original. Remember people, it's a song about war and an anthem to show that Ukraine fights strong, not just some "Amercianised rnb".
This is one of the songs I would definitely not mind winning this year.
A strong :12: from me for the revamped version.

Brandt

All the hype of the past weeks for the revamp as "the song needed it" and it is just touching the song only a little by the end?

Etanna

I like both versions. I don't think the Ukrainian is necessary, if it's just for two lines or so, it feels a bit random and takes me out of the flow of the song (but maybe that's just because I didn't expect it and need to get used to it). I think the stanging is more important than whether they prefer strings or organ at the end of the song...

ArmpitOfEurope

I never see anyone talking about this entry, it won the national final and that was it.
Will be really unfair if this wins, its so flat and would be considered a possible non qualifier if it was coming from San Marino.

Top Bottom