7 4.1%

14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

nick_idk

a major star with a promising ukrainian language music career coming to Vidbir with some cringe English language dubstep entry? how surprising.

TBH, Shurov probably saved Lily45 by rejecting the entry now. Some flop in the final would hurt her career more than anything.

I think Jerry Heil is the one to watch. I’m hoping the entry is bilingual, I could see her having a mix.

A-lister

Veteran
But Lely45's song was also in English :unsure: Skyler's vocals & cringey lyrics is a no go, especially калина-дівчина-Україна bs. We don't promote шароварщина.
Oh really? I wouldn't have expected Lely45's entry to be in English tbh, have you heard the entries?

I don't mind a fun unapologetic ethno bop, couldn't care less about the lyrics lol, anyways most Europeans wouldn't understand and we had plenty of cases of great revamps so I wouldn't worry about that.
Tvorchi improved their vocals, but they share people's sympathies with Tember Blanche. Jerry Heil can be the televoting winner, she has drastically improved since her previous Vidbir Vegan debacle. With alyona alyona writing a song for her, she's the main contender for the victory.
Jerry Heil or Tember Blanche :love:

I don't care for Tvorchi, Jerry Heil in English? Meh... so I guess Tember for me... but again hard to say before hearing any songs just basing on my gut feeling.

A-lister

Veteran
Was listening a bit to Fiinka, could be a good compromise for leaving Lely45 out, the most promising name next to Tember Blanche for me.

If they ditched Skylerr due to "cliché lyrics" but will go for an English language entry with bad English lyrics and accent then no further comment...

Anyways, Ukraine proved that English isn't needed and authenticity matters so hopefully Ukraine continue sending interesting domestic products and not something to "please" "western ears".

AlekS

Veteran
If they ditched Skylerr due to "cliché lyrics" but will go for an English language entry with bad English lyrics and accent then no further comment...
Jerry's studying in USA, so I'm not gona worry about her accent.
I will never vote for a cliché song that mocks my ethnicity to begin with.

A-lister

Veteran
It doesn't equal having a bad accent either :unsure:
Arguable, I know people who went on exchange who can barely speak English :lol:

Although I don't get why people are ok with bad lyrics in broken English in Eurovision (which we get alot of, especially bad English lyrics) in favor of clichéd lyrics but at least in native language, at least the latter won't be understood by as many wheres the former can be very painful at times. People over-glorify English in general...

Anyways, will wait to hear the songs, but on paper and based on descriptions in here Tember Blanche, OY Sound System and Fiinka looks like the most promising, if Jerry can stay away from English then maybe too.

nick_idk

Just heard the SKYLERR song. it's a generic ethnobop, but it's fun.
However, I think Shurov has made it very clear that he does not enjoy these basic folk songs. if it was still Kvinta running the show though, I'm sure she'd be in. it sounds like the type of song he would write in the mid to late 2000's.

A-lister

Veteran
However, I think Shurov has made it very clear that he does not enjoy these basic folk songs. if it was still Kvinta running the show though, I'm sure she'd be in. it sounds like the type of song he would write in the mid to late 2000's.

Is there anywhere we can hear it?

Gosh this music snobbery ... actually once in a while all you need is an unapologetic bop that isn't trying too hard to be something else... and that's completely fine too.

Last edited:

WhoKnows

Hmm, that sounds kinda hot. Now I wish she'd made the NF. That title though... smh.

FilipFromSweden

I enjoy bad English in Eurovision. It took me months to realize the lyrics of Achille Lauro's ''Stripper'' isn't in Italian. I thought the refrain was something like ''ahora di que sooo-oh'' or something

Mainshow

Veteran
I enjoy bad English in Eurovision. It took me months to realize the lyrics of Achille Lauro's ''Stripper'' isn't in Italian. I thought the refrain was something like ''ahora di que sooo-oh'' or something
? It is in Italian, though.
I don´t know + All I need is love + I love Britney are the only phrases in English or am I mistaken?

True, virgin ended up being some veer jane. 🤣

@A-lister I know members of European Commission speaking English like Kalush. 🤣🤣🤣

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister I know members of European Commission speaking English like Kalush. 🤣🤣🤣
I am not surprised, the former minister of foreign affairs in Sweden from Social Democrats had English like I dunno... embarrassing... but then again to become a Social Democrat isn't about merit...

Anyways that's off-topic :lol:

Some find bad English lyrics in broken English charming, I don't, I can tolerate it in some silly bop maybe, but in something that aims to be at least more "serious" it destroys the whole song (like Alina Pash's "rap" last year), I'm afraid Jerry Heil will go for something similar (not rap but musically in that direction) and English will just not fit her style.

Top Bottom