• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lilka

@Fierro

Why so surprised? LOL
I loved their previous NF entry so much.. :)
Are you in Ukraine now?
How are you? This day, last year I flew to Kyiv.. :(
Hope you are doing fine, as good as it can be of course.. 😔
I go to Krakow today.. :)
To make matters clear, my "fuego" vote for your message is for Kraków, not for the song, which I still consider flat. :p

Enjoy your stay in my precious homeland!

Mrm

Veteran
Yeah dear @lilka thank you so much.. 💥🥰 xkiss

Do you know maybe, I didnt mannage to find info, is Sylwester new year concert at Krakow Rynek canceled this year?

lilka

I sent you a PM, so that we don't drift off-topic.

Mainshow

Veteran

Zlata was also part of Vidbir 2023 (she was shortlisted to be a member of the jury and people could actually be voting for her) and therefore, she's been associated with Ukraine 2023.

Brandt

Zlata was also part of Vidbir 2023 (she was shortlisted to be a member of the jury and people could actually be voting for her) and therefore, she's been associated with Ukraine 2023.
I fail to see the connection between her carrying the rubble and Ukraine's Eurovision entry or national selection lol

ayzelto

I was just checking the odds and Ukraine keeps shortening and shortening. Now they are at 20%. Are we in front of another win from Ukraine or the odds are just going crazy? In any case, this song is far away (and will be) from being the best of the year. Last year, even though I was not a fan, the song was much better. The fact is that if Ukraine gets again more than 400 points from the televote, they may get it again, not matter how low the jury score is. Any thoughts about this?

StephenMuckle

It's because Russia is expected to start a renewed offensive on Kyiv on the anniversary of the invasion. That's probably what's driving the bets.

Iker

Veteran
I was just checking the odds and Ukraine keeps shortening and shortening. Now they are at 20%. Are we in front of another win from Ukraine or the odds are just going crazy? In any case, this song is far away (and will be) from being the best of the year. Last year, even though I was not a fan, the song was much better. The fact is that if Ukraine gets again more than 400 points from the televote, they may get it again, not matter how low the jury score is. Any thoughts about this?

I don't think so.

Brandt

Ukraine is potentially a mainstay winner as long as the war continues because politics overshadow art unfortunately. That explains the excessive televote points from last year since it was barely about the song itself.

Ezio

Veteran
Why is Ukraine first in the odds? Do people think Ukraine wins by default? If that's the case then it's a discredit to their win last year, because this year they don't have a good song.

If Ukraine wins 2023 again, and then maybe 2024, people inside the bubble would argue, that the real winner of all these years including should have been someone else.

A-lister

Veteran
Ukraine is potentially a mainstay winner as long as the war continues because politics overshadow art unfortunately. That explains the excessive televote points from last year since it was barely about the song itself.
Here you go again Zzz

We get it, YOU did not like that song, we get it YOU drag politics into this... The just tasteless bitterness in all your comments in regards to Ukraine.

A-lister

Veteran
Why is Ukraine first in the odds? Do people think Ukraine wins by default? If that's the case then it's a discredit to their win last year, because this year they don't have a good song.

If Ukraine wins 2023 again, and then maybe 2024, people inside the bubble would argue, that the real winner of all these years including should have been someone else.

I don't think Ukraine will win again this year, odds (especially this early on) are based on quite shallow factors like a country's position the year prior for instance.

You all can relax who worry about this, just sad to see some political arguments (I don't refer to you) and people so bitter over Ukraine winning last year because they personally didn't like the song or they are just your standard pro-ruZZian trolls that use this thread to discredit last year's win and generally discredit Ukraine in Eurovision (it's like people have no memory, Ukraine has been a Eurovision powerhouse for more than a decade, and that reflects in odds and results and not because of politics).

The ones who are constantly coming with the "Ukraine will only be successful due to politics" are the ones who drag politics into this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom