14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow! That´s brilliant! - I can´t believe that we will be able to discuss and talk about new potential entries starting from tomorrow!!!!

lasse braun

A-lister

Veteran
If Ukraine delivers again and has one of the best entries, performances and stagings of the night and the televoters feel it again, maybe?

Ukraine has been a Eurovision power house almost since its debut (so almost 20 years now!), but people seem to have some short memory span and want to make politics out of it unfortunately.

If Ukraine will send the best overall package again then they might win again, if not they won't. It's pretty simple like you say, but haters will hate I guess.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
The official stream:

Press conference with participants, PBC, our ESC production company (Vidbir 2016-2020, ESC entries 2016, 2018, 2021) and Diia state app officials.
Revealing the songs.
And the running order draw? I'm 💯 here for it.
waiting to see if any of the songs leak/auto-upload at midnight :cool: but seems unlikely
I wouldn't be surprised if they will reveal just 30 sec snippets :devilish:

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Jerry Heil's song is a very uptempo dramatic bop, heavy bit, with awesome semi-operatic melismas (backing vocals too).
Shivers.
The clip that I've heard is in Ukrainian and English.

It's not in-your-face ethno, but it's definitely Ukrainian (vocally). Imho, this is contender to win Vidbir for sure.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
I liked FIINKA, Jerry Heil, Krutb, Moisei and Tember Blanche from the short snippets. Songs out at half past.

njdevils94

Veteran
Vidbir 2023 Draw

1 Moisei
2 Oy Sound System
3 Demchuk
4 Jerry Heil
5 FIINKA
6 KRUTЬ
7 Tember Blanche
8 Angelina
9 2Tone
10 Tvorchi

empo21

Veteran
Early first listen impressions

I can feel the common mood in the songs which is understandable, my worst critique would be that some songs sound like demos, which would also be understandable given the circumstances.

Favourites:
- For me Круть is far ahead of the rest, calming, ethereal and captivating.

- Jerry Heil going from Vegan to this has the same energy as Jamala going from Smile to 1944. I don't know if the song can win vidbir in this form without a slight revamp, but it does sound good.

- OY sound system i feel like the instrumentals are too long and not memorable enough to support the performance. (Keeping it afloat in my top 3 because of the first 30 seconds)

Other thots:
- Moisei's string breakdown is good, but it can't distract me of how vanilla the song is 👍
- Stronger belongs to JESC

Outside of my top 3, the rest are kinda 😐 there's too many songs that are below the average Vidbir quality that we've been spoiled with the last few years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom