• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
I would feel horrible as an artist to win because of
But part of me wants them to win. I would really enjoy reading comments on internet, i would be entertained and everything what comes next. Also for them to win, they would need to finish in top 5 with jurry. Hmm do, Australia, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Azerbaijan and the list goes on... Hmmm!

So in your opinion the juries should just promote boring more or less just cliched ballads? Well that's what they do already so yeah, no surprise really, but it's sad really that any originality is being looked down at from so called "experts" who clearly know little.

PolarFoxxie.

You call the song originality. I call it incoherent loud noise and random mess. It seems we agree to disagree and that's fine. I don't need to add anything more on this. I think ive made my point. Jurry should be objective and put this song where it belongs. Have a good day!

A-lister

Veteran
You call the song originality. I call it incoherent loud noise and random mess. It seems we agree to disagree and that's fine. I don't need to add anything more on this. I think ive made my point. Jurry should be objective and put this song where it belongs. Have a good day!

Yeah you're free to have your opinion of course and we clearly have different taste in music and that's fine, from my perspective though I don't think a professional jury who should be so called "music experts" should treat this contest as American Idol or The Voice (US) but each to their own.

I hope there will be at least some juries who appreciate the Eurovision concept and who appreciate something else than just conventional reality talent show ballads, but unfortunately they are few so you're probably correct that this will struggle with juries, but not because of objectivity or professionalism, rather due to close-mindness and lack of professionalism imo.

I do find it a bit interesting you call this song 'incoherent' though and then praise the Polish one that is one of the most 'incoherent'' compositions this year (it's a fine song but it also mixes styles and actually in a less smooth way).

HayashiM

Veteran
I hope it will be a landslide win. Like the biggest f*** you ever.
The thing is, haters will be convinced of their truth no matter whether this comes last in the semis or wins the contest with every :12: possible. A big part of the fandom had just made up their minds about the song as "unworthy of victory" and conveniently ignore/wave away any pre-war odds evidence about its potential, blaming the war for everything. They're just gonna hate no matter what.

We all have our songs we really don't think should win / should have won, we all get some happiness when songs we dislike underperform... But the atmosphere that's now around Stefania and the disrespect Kalush get by the fandom (mostly on other places, but here as well) is truly on a whole new level. Some people seriously make me want to puke.

I know some have decided to cancel Kalush because of their after-Vidbir behaviour, and I can understand that. However that is not the motivation of most haters. Most people just use war as a convenient excuse to spit on the artist whose song they dislike, and ignore all potential and support that artist would have had even without the war - when every available evidence shows the song would have still been a very strong contender. People go with this hypocrisy to the point of saying "if I were Kalush, I would not want to win". Just unbelievable.

A-lister

Veteran
The thing is, haters will be convinced of their truth no matter whether this comes last in the semis or wins the contest with every :12: possible. A big part of the fandom had just made up their minds about the song as "unworthy of victory" and conveniently ignore/wave away any pre-war odds evidence about its potential, blaming the war for everything. They're just gonna hate no matter what.

We all have our songs we really don't think should win / should have won, we all get some happiness when songs we dislike underperform... But the atmosphere that's now around Stefania and the disrespect Kalush get by the fandom (mostly on other places, but here as well) is truly on a whole new level. Some people seriously make me want to puke.

I know some have decided to cancel Kalush because of their after-Vidbir behaviour, and I can understand that. However that is not the motivation of most haters. Most people just use war as a convenient excuse to spit on the artist whose song they dislike, and ignore all potential and support that artist would have had even without the war - when every available evidence shows the song would have still been a very strong contender. People go with this hypocrisy to the point of saying "if I were Kalush, I would not want to win". Just unbelievable.

This xclap

People can dislike the song all they want, heck I was also one of those turned off by Kalush's initial behavior and it did effect my view on them as participants (now when that drama is over I went back to objectively judge the song again which I always liked), but it's tiring that people use the war as an excuse completely ignoring the entry's own merits and that it was popular even before the war and is a stand-out entry (whether one personally likes it or not), in fact some comments I see rather look like pro-russian trolling at this point. It's a very low argumentation.

If someone dislikes the song then just go out and say you dislike it, but don't claim it will win only due to the war when it's a song that was generally popular the whole time. People make it look as if this was a song that was in the bottom of polls and odds that just happened to rise to the top when the war started, which was never the case.

PolarFoxxie.

ignoring the entry's own merits and that it was popular even before the war and is a stand-out entry (whether one personally likes it or not)
So popular that it lost even in their own country to Alina Pash. :rolleyes: Stand out for sure, but not in a good, positive way. What merits does this Song have? Could you elaborate it?

A-lister

Veteran
So popular that it lost even in their own country to Alina Pash. :rolleyes: Stand out for sure, but not in a good, positive way. What merits does this Song have? Could you elaborate it?

So popular it won the televote xshrug

With merits I refer to that it was generally liked, just because you don't like it doesn't take away the fact that many others did hence it was high in odds and polls all the time, even prior the war.

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

Sorry, i can't with you. I generally like discussion and when ppl bring good strong contra arguments. I am not sure do you even read your own posts before posting them. Sorry, but i don't have time for you, u are on my ignore. Please don't reply to my posts in future. Thank you!

A-lister

Veteran
Sorry, i can't with you. I generally like discussion and when ppl bring good strong contra arguments. I am not sure do you even read your own posts before posting them. Sorry, but i don't have time for you, u are on my ignore. Please don't reply to my posts in future. Thank you!
How to lose an argument in 1-2-3... That's the best you got? :lol:

I'm happy to be on your ignore list, reading your "inputs" in here you're maybe talking to a mirror and projecting with your comment as you really bring nothing constructive. Also multiple troll accounts :lol:

Good riddance!

Serena00

Ukraine's odds have been shortening for a few days around the same time when stand in rehearsals started. Maybe I overthink it too much, or maybe Ukrainian staging is going to be something special :unsure:

StephenMuckle

Ukraine's odds have been shortening for a few days around the same time when stand in rehearsals started. Maybe I overthink it too much, or maybe Ukrainian staging is going to be something special :unsure:

I think it's because it's getting closer to the contest so there are more bets being placed. Plus more people are posting openly on social media making their intentions clear about voting Ukraine as a show of support.

babadabada

Some people seems to be dumb trolls... Ukraine have, once again, one of the most original proposition in ESC. This is one of of the few countries, if not the only one, not disappointing me years after years.
Like it or not, this song is unique in this year's playlist, modern and stand out from others. Maybe I am a little bit biased by all this shit happening to them but they clearly deserve Top 2 and will win the all thing by their merits.
Stefania is my clear winner this year, and they were before 24th of February. To me, the only song competing with them is from The Netherlands.

SarahM

This 100% - Ukraine have sent top quality entries over the last few years (from what I remember). I voted for Go-A last year and still listen to Shum regularly. Kalush are in my top 10 this year. While I preferred Alina Pash's entry, this for me is still excellent. It says great things if Ukraine have many top quality acts to choose from.
Ukraine have, once again, one of the most original proposition in ESC. This is one of of the few countries, if not the only one, not disappointing me years after years.

Last edited:

VikingTiger

I am still not a big fan of Stefania. I love the flute part and the energy of the song. But the rap part makes this a bit hard for me to love. So Ukraine misses my top 10 this year.
Will they win? Sure, that is a possibility. Personally I would prefer to see other winners, but if Ukraine actually does win it wont be the biggest tragedy in the history of the ESC, I could definitely live with it.

PolarFoxxie.

So if it could help, I would lead Ukraine to victory".
In what way could Mahmood help Ukraine win Eurovision? I don't understand.
So he wants that Ukraine hosts 2023 Eurovision. That's interesting. This is a song contest. I wanna see best song win and honestly Ukraine song is not even in top 20 or Finals for me. What would happen with Eurovision reputation and significance if Ukraine wins?

Krishoes

In what way could Mahmood help Ukraine win Eurovision? I don't understand.
I think you didn't understand what Mahmood means from the beginning.

He didn't say that he wants to help Ukraine win, but that if winning Eurovision could somehow help Ukraine get out of the situation they're in, he would let them win. Adding that in any case winning 20 Eurovision could never be worth what is happening in the country.

Top Bottom