• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
As I stated previously and others in here as well, if Ukraine wins it will be on its own merits because the song is simply great and one of the best this year and that's it! Just like last year, Ukraine takes another musical risk and also manages to combine folk with modern and staying true to themselves. This is all what Eurovision should be about.

I am tired seeing all these pro-Russian comments dismissing a potential win for Ukraine as all politics, just like when Jamala won, trying to downplay the quality and effort Ukraine is bringing to this contest almost every year, the jealousy is high. Sure, circumstances might boost it somewhat, but it would still be a worthy winner. Also, let's care about potential hosting issues later. If Russia's war will be over sooner than later (which I pray for), I actually think Ukraine should try to host it (with financial aid from others), I think it would be a symbolically important hosting and hopefully EBU would understand that too and also the ban on Russia and Belarus should remain as long as they have these dictator terror regimes.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm all for supporting Ukraine, but if it means them winning ESC by default then I'm a bit unsure about how that would feel.

And why would they win by default? xshrug The song was high in the polls even before Russia's invasion. I really think these comments are a bit unfair to the Ukrainian entry tbh, while I understand that the song might not be everyone's cup of tea (just like no entry can be liked by all), as I wrote in the previous comment why are we acting as if this was somehow a universally loathed entry that was in the bottom of all polls and betting odds when it was clearly one of the most popular ones even prior to the war and could very well win solely on its own merits (war or no war)? I would get the "unfairness" of a potential Ukrainian win if it solely won out of sympathy, but I really don't think that would be the situation, plus I don't think a weak entry could win solely based on sympathy alone anyways (sure it could get some extra boost, but to win you need to have at least a general support for the entry itself too).

Mainshow

Veteran
I can only agree with all comments above:
:ua: has been a contender for victory/Top5 before the invasion/war - will it get some sort of push in May because of this situation? Who knows - maybe yes but is that really important? The song has been high in the betting odds before and Kalusha Orchestra have been liked as much as Alina before the "Alina submitted forged documents" mess.

Also, I´m so fed up with some Eurofans and the general public coming up with excuses and fake reasons why country X did or didn´t win. You can´t please everyone and most people are just fr**king annoying:

Nick Byrne (:ie: 2016) trashed the contest after not qualifying beause of "Eastern European countries"/"it´s all poltics".
Tamara Gachechiladze (:ge: 2017) didn´t qualify and blamed politics.

So what´s the issue now? Are Eastern European countries the reason why Western European countries don´t qualify and are Western European countries responsible for Eastern European countries for not qualifying?

:at: 2014 (Conchita) only won because of homosexual fans. :ua: 2016 only won because of politics (which is quite ridiculous since :ru: won the televoting that year). :pl: only gets points from diaspora (strangely, they didn´t qualify in 2018, 2019 and 2021).
:az: only won the contest because they bought votes and :de: won the contest back in 2010 because it "got money in a time when Europe had been hit by a financial crisis" (If Germany wins, it´s because of economics - if Germany doesn´t escpae the bottom 5 it´s because of politics despite "us financing the whole contest").
"Toy" only won because of #MeToo and sympathy votes for :il: - I also heard Eurofans saying that Eden (:il: 2021) only qualified because of the attacks Israel had to encounter at that time ("sympathy votes" again).
:pt: only won because of "his story"/"being sick".

This narrative has totally become out of hand, imo - 40 countries take part, 15 will not qualify - it´s not always "fair" but 39 countries "have to lose" in the end - an entry will win and there a many factors/components which will be part of this process (of finding a new Eurovision winner) - "sympathy because of a war, conflict, sympathy" might be a tiny issue but it will never be the most important factor.

A-lister

Veteran
The same company that produced/created Go_A's staging will do the staging for Kalush Orchestra.
I must say, I am still surprised they're actually going through with this.

Ukrainians crisis management is astonishing, apparently even Ukraine's financial institutions are working around the clock these days to make sure the aid is coming though properly. The government and presidential cabinet continues to operate. Media continues to operate. I mean the resilience of this people is one of the kind.

Btw hope you're safe @AlekS and your family and close ones too.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I'm all for a Ukrainian victory, they need this feeling of national unity&pride especially in these rough times.

But again, it makes me think "What does Kalush have that Go_A didn't have?" The latter had intensive global appeal, became a massive hit across Europe but still failed to win the contest, and now Kalush might join the hall of fame with a song that cannot be compared to Shum (that's my personal opinion, but can be validated with overall reaction to both songs from the fans?). Yes they are from different years and last year was much stronger, I know, but still 'Stefania' looks very odd and weak to me in the lineup of winners we had so far.

I do think Kalush definitely deserve a good placement, they are talented musicians who display Ukrainian culture in a good way, but I think they are far from being THE BEST ONE among 40 songs. Let's be real, when Vidbir songs were announced no one had winner vibes from this. Top 10, yes but winner? no.

hijirio

Veteran

A-lister

Veteran
I'm all for a Ukrainian victory, they need this feeling of national unity&pride especially in these rough times.

But again, it makes me think "What does Kalush have that Go_A didn't have?" The latter had intensive global appeal, became a massive hit across Europe but still failed to win the contest, and now Kalush might join the hall of fame with a song that cannot be compared to Shum (that's my personal opinion, but can be validated with overall reaction to both songs from the fans?). Yes they are from different years and last year was much stronger, I know, but still 'Stefania' looks very odd and weak to me in the lineup of winners we had so far.

I do think Kalush definitely deserve a good placement, they are talented musicians who display Ukrainian culture in a good way, but I think they are far from being THE BEST ONE among 40 songs. Let's be real, when Vidbir songs were announced no one had winner vibes from this. Top 10, yes but winner? no.

I have to agree to disagree. Firstly, I always think it's a bit peculiar to compare with years, I mean it can be done to see which year is better than the other, and perhaps to see how a country is developing in the contest or whatever. However, it doesn't make much sense to say "last year's entry was much stronger so therefor this year doesn't deserve to win". Like, if an entry deserves to win (or not just win, even be top. 10), depends solely on the competition of the actual year it takes part and it might be weaker than the previous entry, but that's kinda irrelevant in the context?

Also, I don't really get the comparison with "Shum" in general, sure this one has ethnic elements, a flute and is mixed with modern music but it's also very different and the combination of folk and modern is very different too. I mean some countries send the same version of Swedified-Americanized Radio Pop almost each year, don't add any value to the contest nor send anything representing of their music, but somehow they are not called out for it as much.

With that said, I of course respect different taste in music and I do get if someone doesn't like this for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
How will Ukraine televote this year?

Top Bottom