• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Esgard

How will Ukraine televote this year?
Hmm. That is a good question. Obviously, if they are in a position to do a normal televote, they would, but if not the historical precedent is to just use the jury vote and duplicate that for the televote, or as was done once, to use a group of other related countries to make up the televote.

But with Ukraine, the jury vote is also potentially in question. Traditionally the jury voting is done from the host broadcaster, but if the Ukrainian televoting cannot be done due to damage to telecoms infrastructure or other problems related to military conflict, well, that could also very much affect how the jury vote is traditionally done.

spinachpie

As I stated previously and others in here as well, if Ukraine wins it will be on its own merits because the song is simply great and one of the best this year and that's it! Just like last year, Ukraine takes another musical risk and also manages to combine folk with modern and staying true to themselves. This is all what Eurovision should be about.
While I'd love Ukraine to win the contest, no one knows whether it would have won on its own merits. The only metric we really have to go by are the betting odds in terms of popularity. Before the war it was quite far down the odds, then once the war started it went to favourite.

I think i'd be happy if any of ten songs won, but it would be a lovely emotional moment for Ukraine to win. I am not saying they should win, but it would be nice. To be fair I think it would be great if they just finished in the Top 5 as well.

voteme

How will Ukraine televote this year?

I raised this in the General Discussion thread, it would be good if the EBU could do something to allow Ukrainians who have fled to vote in the app/online by using their home address/passport or their Ukrainian SIM - might be open to fraud, but no solution is going to be perfect.

Still really enjoying this entry, a solid :12: from me - I hope they get to open SF1, would be special.

A-lister

Veteran
While I'd love Ukraine to win the contest, no one knows whether it would have won on its own merits. The only metric we really have to go by are the betting odds in terms of popularity. Before the war it was quite far down the odds, then once the war started it went to favourite.
Actually, if I recall correctly it was at least top. 5 in the odds before the war started, so I think your statement is incorrect. It wasn't far down and the track has been popular with fans even during Vidbir. Maybe it wasn't as popular as Alina's entry, but let's not claim it was generally unpopular and low in odds and polls because it's simply untrue.
I think i'd be happy if any of ten songs won, but it would be a lovely emotional moment for Ukraine to win. I am not saying they should win, but it would be nice. To be fair I think it would be great if they just finished in the Top 5 as well.
I don't think they will win though, so I think the odds are exaggerating a bit, but I do think they would deserve a win (even without the war), but sure with the war and all it would be an even more symbolically important victory.

HayashiM

Veteran
...no.

Once Alina won, Ukraine immediately went to n°2, and even with Kalush, they never had left the top 7 pre-war. Those are some very good odds suggesting a victory contender, not a "quite far down the odds" situation.

A-lister

Veteran
...no.

Once Alina won, Ukraine immediately went to n°2, and even with Kalush, they never had left the top 7 pre-war. Those are some very good odds suggesting a victory contender, not a "quite far down the odds" situation.

This! I am not sure what people are making up here, the song was popular pre-war and this idea to discredit it and make it look like "only the war" made it popular is a bit... meh...

spinachpie

This! I am not sure what people are making up here, the song was popular pre-war and this idea to discredit it and make it look like "only the war" made it popular is a bit... meh...

I never said 'only the war' made it popular, which seems as much of an exaggeration as my own, which I am happy to be stood corrected on.

I can see it was number 5 in the odds before the war, then going to number 1 the day after. Either way, that is a jump which was obviously determined solely by the war. And at no point have I said anything derogatory, and in fact already said that I would be happy to see it win.

A-lister

Veteran
I never said 'only the war' made it popular, which seems as much of an exaggeration as my own, which I am happy to be stood corrected on.

I can see it was number 5 in the odds before the war, then going to number 1 the day after. Either way, that is a jump which was obviously determined solely by the war. And at no point have I said anything derogatory, and in fact already said that I would be happy to see it win.

You did write, quote: "Before the war it was quite far down the odds, then once the war started it went to favourite."

So yeah, it's basically saying that 'only the war' made it popular because I have a hard time seeing how 5/40 in the odds can be in anyway seen as "quite far down the odds", and sure Ukraine was a bit further down the odds but that was the limbo period between the withdrawal of Alina and the confirmation of Kalush when it was unsure if Ukraine even would enter.

I didn't say you said anything "derogatory", but your comment did in fact discredit the entry's merits to stand on its own legs without "sympathy for the situation". Now, I completely would have gotten your comment had it jumped from let's say 20th to 1st, but that wasn't the case here.

allenakaalan

Selective memory is a thing, I suppose. I've seen a lot of people describing after the fact that Salvador wasn't a favourite until the rehearsals, when he had actually been in the top 5 of the odds pretty much the entire season. But then again, for a while, Francesco Gabbani was pretty much regarded as the one and only possible winner in 2017.

yulara

ouch another :alien: from ukraine. don't know what to think about it. I like it and I dislike it but I like it, it makes me feel : xcrazy

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

So, I save this one to almost last in my annual short reviews, partly since I already said quite much on the entry, but also because I save the best for last ;) So Ukraine, welcome to my #1 in a second year in a row. I might not be too big on rap, and at first I wasn't sure I liked it here, but even that grew on it. But in general, Ukraine knows exactly what to hit in me and they understand the concept of this contest just like I do. This is daring, yet catchy, this is different, yet accessible, this blending those ethnic tunes and singing with modern in a way I almost only see Ukraine managing to do without trying to sound "Eurovision-esque", this is just what Eurovision should be all about.

Even with all that is going on, and contrary to the polls, I still think the juries will, just like last year, unfairly downvote Ukraine but that again shows why the juries shouldn't be in this contest to begin with since if they simply don't respect the contest. I think though that this might potentially win the televote.

Ladynoir

This is the second time today that I wanna post and A-lister already posted exacly what I have on my mind, that's funny. :ROFLMAO:

I absolutely love this song, it took my first place from the moment I first listened to it and no other song managed to ever come close to taking its place ! There is something so original, so authentic and powerful about thing song... I cannot help but feeling moved by it even though the melody isn't emotional per se. I guess I'm always extremely touched by love songs dedicated to a mother or a father. It trully shows that some people carried their duty as a parent extremely well (as they should). I hope I'll be as good of a mother as mamo Stefania, one day. :)

This song will definitely enter my top 10 of all time.

I'm just a bit sad that people will read their result through the lens of the war, no matter where they end up in the scoreboard. :/

Mainshow

Veteran
Ukraine being #6 in the running order is quite unprofessional, imo.
In an "ordinary" and peaceful year, it might have made sense but I´m really shocked that the executive producers didn´t take the on-going war and difficult "participation" into account.
Everyone following after Ukraine will be overshadowed since I expected people to emotionally react to the Ukrainian performance this year (I´m not levelling criticism at evoking emotions or Ukraine taking part!).
Personally, I´d have preferred Ukraine to even open the semi final (after the presenters somehow commenting on the situation) or being the last performer before the break so that there´s some room for the viewers "to rest/breathe" before encountering other participants/songs.

midnightsun

Veteran
I also think they should have opened the Semi, because at any other spot it just feels not right, even if they put them the latest possible it would still be in the middle of the semi.

Top Bottom