Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки

Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

Eulaliya

So no Vidbir in 2021? Or a dedicated Vidbir with a few songs sung by Go_A?

AlekS

Veteran
PBC & STB channels selected Go_A for 2021:

STB agreed that Go_A deserve to represent us in 2021 and refused from hosting Vidbir next year.
They will decide at a later date if Vidbir 3-year deal which ends in 2021 will be prolonged till 2022.

Go_A agreed as well:

No more official info about the format of 2021 selection. If they select a song internally or if it's gonna be a NF for songs (and which broadcaster will host it).

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I have high hopes, their debut album is really strong, Solovey is literary hands-down the best entry of Eurovision 2020, it's all what Eurovision should be about, sung in native language, true to local music with a blend of modern, different yet a strong hook.

I have high hopes for their 2021 entry, but no English, English do NOT fit in ethno music like this at all, in fact it just ruins it and feels out of place.

Kam2

Go_A said in this video that they are, at least at this early stage, planning to write 5 songs for Eurovision 2021 and let the people decide which song should represent Ukraine.
There won’t be Solovey 2.0 and NO ENGLISH according to them.
I hope they will deliver either something as energetic as Вогні (Lights), dreamy like Пробудження (Awakening) or, if they decide to get the trophy, do another collaboration with Katya Chilly.

Uto

Veteran

I basically just want a copy of this song right here. Just a massive big beat with a simple really fat bass line and some ethnic singing that just serves as a backdrop.

Mrm

Veteran
I have some feeling I won't like it as much as "Solovey" xcry
NO ENGLISH please...

A-lister

Veteran
I really like Sontse, would love for something like this, regardless what they send juries will probably kill them as they do with all genuine entries more or less, but I think Ukraine can be proud of this year's entry regardless and probably will bring another strong one next year.

WhoKnows

See, this is why I'm worried about them next year. All the tracks posted here, they're good tracks, but I don't think any of them would work in the context of ESC. They're something you'd play at a festival or a dance club, but they don't really stand out enough to get people to vote for them. Solovey was instant, it had personality, it was catchy and it was memorable. Love it or hate it, it wouldn't have gone unnoticed. Even if the juries were to vote it down, I still think it would've done amazingly well with the televote. It's different from all of Go_A's other music and that's why I'm not convinced that they can replicate its success. I hope to be proven wrong.

AlekS

Veteran

I like this one much more than Solovey xshrug

Imho, Katya is tired from Solovey and she's already busy with upcoming music.

Katya denied that hype from STB about 5-songs-NF. It hasn't been discussed yet.
The next tracks for Eurovision will be different from Go_A's previous music and Solovey production-wise but it will be uptempo ethno in Ukrainian :sneaky:
Yep, I said tracks xlove They will record a few songs regardless of selection format.
The first song is already in the making. She has already decided the song structure and she's thinking on the lyrics.

Last edited:

Mimmon

Veteran

I like this one much more than Solovey xshrug

Imho, Katya is tired from Solovey and she's already busy with upcoming music.

Katya denied that hype from STB about 5-songs-NF. It hasn't been discussed yet.
The next tracks for Eurovision will be different from Go_A's previous music and Solovey production-wise but it will be uptempo ethno in Ukrainian :sneaky:
Yep, I said tracks xlove They will record a few songs regardless of selection format.
The first song is already in the making. She has already decided the song structure and she's thinking on the lyrics.
I really hope the National Selection idea... I really love that idea..

AlekS

Veteran
Go_A gave a 55 min. acoustic home concert tonight which was broadcast by UA: PBC, UA:Culture and official Ukrainian Eurovision Facebook accounts.
20 000 people tuned in simultaneously.

They confirmed 2021 selection with 5 songs one more time. "If PBC agrees"... said at the event broadcast by 3 PBC Facebook accounts :lol: I take it as a confirmation of televised NF.
ps. The cat was there, chilling the whole time xbeach

Top Bottom