7 4.2%

3 1.8%

16 9.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ukraine-scaled.jpg

tuorem

Centuries later, I'm actually entering this thread, discovering the song and giving 12 points. I finally love Ukraine again after two years of xshrugand one confusing withdrawal.

I would have loved to see how this would have fared. The comparisons with Tulia aren't really founded imo, this had much more drive and appeal. A strong composition. Well done guys!

They better slay next year to make up for the 2020 cancellation :)

Yazy

Goddamn if this song ain´t a grower!

That´s it. Changing my rank from 8 points to 12 points! Well done Ukraine!

The reason why it was 8 in the beginning is because it took me some time to get used to her voice.

A-lister

Veteran
The best entry this year hands-down, ethnic style and local yet in a modern package, unique yet catchy, in native language... this is what Eurovision SHOULD be all about... and people who still don't "get" the singing style, educate yourselves...

Looking forward to what they have in store for us for 2021, I think this is one of the acts to look out for, I can see they coming with a banger even.

r3gg13

I've come to enjoy this entry a lot. The revamp definitely helped this song to sound less monotonous. The layering on the revamp makes this song so much more accessible to listeners that aren't too into ethno-pop.

A-lister

Veteran
I've come to enjoy this entry a lot. The revamp definitely helped this song to sound less monotonous. The layering on the revamp makes this song so much more accessible to listeners that aren't too into ethno-pop.

Agree, now I don't mind the original one, but I definitely prefer the softer newer one, as you say it's more accessible, and while the revamp is subtle, it makes it easier to the ear (yet staying true to the song without cheapen it with adding out-of-place English lyrics or unfit Poppier sound).

WhoKnows

Is this the entry with most 12s in the poll here? I know in years past someone would post rankings based on these polls, but I dont think we have that this year.

r3gg13

Agree, now I don't mind the original one, but I definitely prefer the softer newer one, as you say it's more accessible, and while the revamp is subtle, it makes it easier to the ear (yet staying true to the song without cheapen it with adding out-of-place English lyrics or unfit Poppier sound).

Definitely, there are some instances when putting English lyrics or poppier sound would be logical, but Solovey isn't it. This revamp is as perfect as it gets. It gives it more oomph without losing its core identity.

AlekS

Veteran
They were at PBC today, shooting a video for the BBC.

f**king up Channeling her inner Samanta Tina :love:

D3Z8jej.gif

Sis, I feel your struggle! It felt the same while shooting a video for the forum's Eurovision ;)
She understands almost everything but she doesn't speak English. She did well tho (that accent is funny in a cute way). Just took her 12 takes (they shot 1 take with zoom).
The video is 1 minute long.

Here's raw unedited footage, so I have no idea how it would look in the end.
I haven't had so many laughs in a while. She said she looks like a gangster from the 90's running for president :lol:

ps. PBC promotes different social networks in their office:

o_Oxrofl

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Absolutely incredible version! I hope that this is going to be the final on + that this version will be on the compilation/CD!

AlekS

Veteran
Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light will be broadcast by 2 TV channels. UA: Pershiy and STB.

NemesisNick

Ukraine has gone for what I would describe as a Chinese / Japanese style song this year. Why? That's unusual of Ukraine to go for that sort of song. I'm in two minds as to whether this would have qualified for the final, or whether this would have been Ukraine's first ever time of failing to qualify. Of course, we will never know how this would have looked / sounded live at Rotterdam Ahoy tomorrow evening, let alone whether or not it would have qualified.

AlekS

Veteran
Chinese / Japanese style song

tenor.gif

Why? That's unusual of Ukraine to go for that sort of song.
Why is it unusual to go for our folk song? :LOL:o_O If there's a good ethno song in Vidbir we would go for it.

Btw, the original is based on the old folk song & they recorded the new version to meet the rules. But they saved 1 line :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom