27 9.9%

16 5.9%

18 6.6%

25 9.2%

8 2.9%

42 15.4%

• Total voters

Happiness

The first one minute is waste of time. No chrous, no energetic attracts. It sounds just boring unlike the rest 2 minutes. Even the stage performance is cool after the first minute.

greece

Yep it was changing of dress :mrgreen:. The performance was really good and the road seems really good from the tv. Maria was fina vocally too. A well deserved qualifier

CPV4931

She deserved to qualify imo. Ukraine wasn´t my favorite yesterday, but it was in my top 10 at least.

tuorem

I discovered the songs of the 1st semi final on Tuesday, so I'll give my opinion on the Ukrainian entry.

When I read that the song was called "Tick Tock", I was expecting something cheap and silly. Thankfully not, so far I've listened to the song once and I don't really remember the melody and the structure of it. Some parts of it are interesting but I think it lacks something to be catchy. However, I was pleased with the presentation (which was not tacky) : with the guy in the big Wheel and the background. The singer was pretty (that's always a plus), I don't know what she sounds like on the studio version but her voice was not that strong during the live performance. It was ok. I also liked the fact that she had a long dark dress for a change, since with this type of songs, singers tend to wear miniskirts and short dresses. For now I've mixed feelings with this entry, it was not part of my favourites to qualify, but that's ok with the qualification. Of course, the applause were very loud both after the performance and the qualification, as much as Russia was booed.

I think I need to get familiar with this song before saying if I like it or not. Congrats for the qualification Ukraine, see you on Saturday.

Scooby

Ordinary song and high quality performance, well done Ukraine. They definitelly desrved that qualification

WhoKnows

Mariya performing at the Ukraine-Germany-Armenia party last night

Tebe Ya Zhaidu

Hora Hora Din Moldova

Tick Tock

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wonder how you will place now? I hope you don't flop massively because I did enjoy the song.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Opening the show is one of the best spots Ukraine could have got in the first half. I wouldn't count this out for top 5 just yet.

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
After all, Safura got 5th place from spot #1! Everything is possible in Eurovision my dearies ;)

ParadiseES

I think Ukraine is a good opener and top-10 is really possible :D

WhoKnows

I'm so disillusioned with ESC after the draw fix. :( I don't even care who wins, or where Ukraine finishes. The only thing that would make me happy would be to see an Eastern country win despite all EBU's attempts to prevent it from happening. GO ARMENIA! GO UKRAINE! GO AZERBAIJAN! GO POLAND! GO ROMANIA! Heck, GO RUSSIA!

AdelAdel

Now that I think of it, I'm surprised that Ukraine didn't withdraw. I mean it's not really a time to celebrate and have fun there :?

greece

Now that I think of it, I'm surprised that Ukraine didn't withdraw. I mean it's not really a time to celebrate and have fun there :?

But then they had to pay if they withdraw and their economy is bad.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

If your country is in turmoil and your situation is dire I think you'd be glad to have a distraction.

Paddy

I just hope that Ukraine and also Belarus can get a good placement despite their bad starting positions.

Celia

I'm so disillusioned with ESC after the draw fix. :( I don't even care who wins, or where Ukraine finishes. The only thing that would make me happy would be to see an Eastern country win despite all EBU's attempts to prevent it from happening. GO ARMENIA! GO UKRAINE! GO AZERBAIJAN! GO POLAND! GO ROMANIA! Heck, GO RUSSIA!

This conspiracy against the East thing is such fun xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3 besides :ua: usually gets a good draw, they'll survive :rolleyes: Actually it's a lot better to be the opening act than singing between 2-6, those usually are forgotten more quickly. And on a personal note, I think the Ukranian song makes for a good first performance: catchy and visually remarkable,

It can definitely win. Enough gimmicks to impress, good looking girl, performance polished and she sings well. I just can't stand the "early 00's" sound of this tune.

Top Bottom