14 7.5%

15 8.0%

9 4.8%

14 7.5%

12 6.4%

40 21.4%

• Total voters

Ukraine

I didn't like our song and dont'l like Mika's "voice". She's nise person but not a singer. Kseniya's dress was awfull. Send drawing is good and I thin thanks to it we have the 4th place.

PashonFrut

Btw, I totally forgot to congratulate you guys! :D I wasn't a fan of this song but after the final I started to appreciate it more. COngrats on the 4th place guys!!! Mika looked beautiful by the way!

JRS

This was one of my favorites this year:)
Very nice song with beautiful lyrics..and Mika sang very well on both on semi and final. Beautiful vocals!xsing:)
The sand artist was a marvelous idea..and supported song beautifully.
I am very happy of the 4th place.

(I do not understand the hatred towards this or Ukraine.
Ukraine has in the past few years send something good to the ESC, particuarly in 2007 and 2008..and naturally did well)
This year the same..)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Congrats to Ukraine, a big surprise to me. I though it may end up 9 - 11th place. I liked the song, I just didn't love it. Though let's be honest here, Ukraine knows how to make the best out of the song visually. The presentation of the song was amazing and Mika was vocally flawless so I am okay with the outcome. It was interesting though to compare the audience's response to the actual results. The response was rather low and cold and a lot of people (even board member ShineShineSHINE I went with) used this as a last bathroom break. But overall some countries may wanna take notes on how to increase your chances to do well in the contest.

mullally

I'm so happy Ukraine made top 5. It was such a classy and different act. And I don't get all the complaining about Mika's voice. At least it sounded like she meant what she was singing. I think this song would have done well even without the sand-art.

I only wish it would have beat Sweden...

Rusch

I didn't like our song and dont'l like Mika's "voice". She's nise person but not a singer. Kseniya's dress was awfull. Send drawing is good and I thin thanks to it we have the 4th place.

Yeah, thats true. Everybody was focused on the sand pictures. You needed to concentrate on the Song. ;)

Milos-BC

Definetly didn't expect such a high placement but it was well deserved. I said even after the rehearsal that the performance is really great, and that the sand animation idea is great, but on TV it looked even better. However I thought it would be somewhere around 10th place, but congratulations. The maximum was pulled out from this song :D

lucian-crusher

Why is it that whenerver a Eastern European country wins or does well people say the song was bad and it was all because of the show (:lv: 2002, :ru: 2008, :ua: 2011) and when a Western country wins it's because of how good the song is? xwhistle

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
The reviews you saw where from Eurovision fans that either hated the song because their favourite didn't win the NF, either from Eurovision fans that hate :ua: because they always have scandals or when they don't have scandals they send bold enties (Verka, Loboda). The Eurovision fans that know the song before represet maximum 20 % of the people voting, while the other 80 % heard the song from the first time and didn't even knew the Ukrainean NF scandals....

I still believe most of the reviews were because they simply didn't like the song. There is no conspiracy to give Ukraine entries bad reviews. Every casual ESC fan who I've talked to has said that on the night they didn't like the song too much but loved the sand art. I imagine that is a pretty popular opinion.

As I already said, I quite like the song but it was so bleeding obvious that Ksenia got it to 4th place.

AlekS

Veteran
^ every ESC fan (who voted for this song) who I've talked to said that they liked the song.
It's bleeding obvious that people liked this song. And it's bleeding obvious that people who dislike it search for different excuses.

Saying that there's no conspiracy is hypocrite, to say the least. Otherwise I wouldn't received constant negativity from the same people every damn year, some of them give 0's to all entries except their own, some of them just hate Eastern Europe in general... Some people don't like the song, but trying to offend my country and saying that my country will never send a good song, saying that we should be boycotted, urging our performers to refuse from representing us. It's not "reviews', it's bullcrap. As well as being negative about everything we send, about every NF performer, every year. I don't believe in such coincidences.

lucian-crusher

^ every ESC fan (who voted for this song) who I've talked to said that they liked the song.
It's bleeding obvious that people liked this song. And it's bleeding obvious that people who dislike it search for different excuses.

WORD! I loved the song from the minute it was chosen and I gave it 12 points in the thread Poll and it was always in my Top 5, never first, but always in my Top 5!

Galandar

Frankly speaking I never liked this song until the time when I listened to it at ESC in Dusseldorf. I really liked, no I really loved it there! Mika sings it really well and the background video of paintings was amazing. Angels is one of the greatest and really underestimated songs of ESC 2011

alexa

I never even thought this would qualify...Ukraine had some fantastic entrants at their national final this year, but this was just bad and boring...

Fixxen

I was so happy when I saw Ksenia (correct spelling? sorry don't know), the sand artist, "painted" in this entry. Our art teacher in school showed us a bit more than a year ago a clip of her performing in the "Ukraine's got talent" show, accompanied to Metallica's "Nothing else matters". Couldn't help laughing out loud (of joy and surprise) when I saw her in Eurovision. The song itself was pretty nice. Average, like.

Jesus

I used to hate this song... but now, I LOVE IT!!! and I love Mika's voice, is super-beautiful!!!

Top Bottom