Performed by: Mika Newton
Lyrics by: Marina Skomorohova
Composed by: Ruslan Kvinta
Language: English

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2011

Ukraine will start the preselection process on June 6
Remembering incredibly messy preselection for ESC 2010, the new NTU bosses decided to refuse from internal selection and announced about the open NF. All people who want to participate can apply so they can already start working on their songs. All details will be published soon.
The final is scheduled on the next year.

News #2.
Anastasiya Pryhod'ko is the 1st official competitor
She was present @ the Eurovision Countdown show among with the 1st Vice Head of NTU. This show will be aired on the 1st Channel in 8 hours.
Here's the photo from the studio:
281508_Q29bFC.jpeg

Pryhod'ko broke up with her producers. So it won't be Goncharenko, it won't be Meladze. Recently she said to all journalists that the theme of ESC 2009 is closed for her. She changed her music style after ESC as well. Imo, it will be a dance song.
sources: The Head of NTU, Vice Head of NTU

News #3.
We have 3 performers who announced about possible participation:
Katya Buzhinskaya
82524.jpg

The winner of Slavyanskiy Bazar fest (like Ruslana), the 1st Ukrainian performer who performed @ San Remo fest as a guest.

Asol'
116071.jpg

Teenage pop star.

VIA Gra
jhhrdfslulelftid.jpg

Also known as Nu Virgos. The MOST famous Ukrainian act (among with Ruslana). Incredibly famous in whole ex-USSR. They toured S. Korea and Japan + concerts in Europe and USA.
According to their producer Konstantin Meladze they can participate ... though I hardly imagine that cuz he will be busy with the new reality show (filming a musical using reality show format).
They've got new band member from our SF3. Meladze offered her much better destiny - to work in the band (and she totally deserved that, not only imo).

I think it's safe to say that Dima Kadnai (Star Factory 1) participant will be there as well cuz his producer is the Head of NTU Music department. He wouldn't be the real competitor though, of course.

Raul_Spain

I would love VIA Gra. Many wonderful performers in Ukraine so let's see :)

AlekS

Veteran

on May 10th NTU will update their site.

With time they will add the whole sub-site dedicated to Eurovision. All editions and a lot of info (pics, videos etc.).

Probably they will announce details of ESC 2011 preselection too.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I love the fact that Ukraine is very transparent about the whole process and I have a feeling it is not going to be as big of a mess as it has been in prior years so I'm really curious.

AlekS

Veteran

Bondarchuk is another performer who will participate in the preselection.
69.jpg

He has already announced competition among authors. People can send him just the lyrics as well. His song will be in Russian or in English.
He will choose the song until June 15.

btw, Bondarchuk has already participated in ESC 2007 NF (the 3rd place, after such established performers like Verka and Evgeniya Vlasova and he was newcomer then).

AlekS

Veteran

94ayd said:
Bondarchuk... What is the root of that name. Sounds like something Caucasian or...?
This is truly Ukrainian :lol:
+ All surnames that end on "-ko" or "uk" or "yuk" are Ukrainian ))) You can meet this exact surname (Bondarchuk) in Poland as well but that's because there are many Ukrainians :) The original Polish surname is a little bit different - Bednarczyk (sounds like "-ik" if I'm not mistaken + "dn" instead of "nd")... our surname is Bondarchuk (rather "-ook" or "-yuk").

The root is Ukrainian -> "Bondar'" (with soften "r" in the end). It means a "cooper".

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

^ Check 2011 sub-forum.
She said that herself + it's been confirmed by the 1st Vice President of NTU.
Though NF 2010 showed that famous performes can finish outside of top-5 or even top-10 :twisted:

sapsan

Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

AlekS said:
ESC 2011 Ukrainian NF participant Anastasiya Pryhod'ko:
OMG!!! She is crazy :evil:
It seems we will have new scandals next year. Especially if she will not win NF :shock: :? :? :shock:

AlekS

Veteran

More news

The show will start in the new season.
Every edition will be aired live.
There will be the casting too!

People can vote for competitors in the I-net based on their videos(though it's not specified which kind of video - will it be just a casting performance or performance+interview). The voting will last for few months. 20 finalists will be chosen.

The new songs will be written especially for the final show.

AlekS

Veteran

NTU president confirmed that the show will start in August (August 28?) .
More info will be revealed on June 6-7, I assume.

AlekS

Veteran

The new NF = more innovations

Official info from the president of NTU:

Preparations will start in August.
The show will start this autumn (most def September).

The conception of the whole show will be ready until Sunday. After that we can wait for the press conference.

They plan to make castings. The casting will be broadcasted on the TV. Semi-finalists will be chosen by the jury and televoters.

Semi-final will happen in the I-net.
All videos will be available on the NTU site where we are gonna vote for our faves.
1 phone = 1 vote.
1 PC = 1 vote!

The final will be something that we haven't had before (though it's used in Sweden or Ireland for instance).

Every administrative area will have certain quota of votes. It will be summed up and mixed with the jury's votes.

So far it's just plans so we will see how it develops.

also it seems that the final will be in a big venue. I hope so, at least.

AlekS

Veteran

uncommon said:
I want, that next year Ukraine was represented by singer Jamala. ;)
Or "Ocean Elzy". ;)
And the song should be, as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXF3gxL-0eQ :lol:
There's info that Jamala wanted to apply for ESC 2011, I dunno if they changed their plans currently.

OE... Vakarchuk said that they will never participate though 1 day ago he said that he watches this contest ))) + the priority in 2011 will be given to newcomers so no OE in 2011, imo.

Top Bottom