Contact us

TYBALTEVA 🗝️ NSC 224 🗝️ Olivia Ruiz - La Réplique

tuorem

Omg that Tybalteva NSC176 televoting taste :love:
It's touching to see in a transparent way like this which nation made Tybaltevans pick up their phones the most xheart

WELCOME TO WLSC

Thank you!

And just so you know, "O Saki Saki" :cool: is still charting on our musical platforms.

tenor.gif

I didn't expect such enthusiasm from viewers, especially for the first edition we've broadcast. :eek:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ok, first televoting details. xheat

and welcome aboard! Sol TV News has been covering the story of the "trashy bops" line so people here already aware of your coming debut. Often foreign entries make an appearance in the final show of 'La Fiesta' our annual song contest that selects the entries for NSC and WLSC, so if all goes well Sol TV might be in touch at some point. ;)

Your thread and all, but if you wanted to see more about the NF (RP purposes ofc) then you can look here: https://leydan-game-results.fandom.com/wiki/La_Fiesta It's heavily based on Sanremo but isn't mega drawn out like it. XD Some artists are real, but most are fake created from an auto-generator. You might find it a fun read. :D

tuorem

Good evening guys, it's Tuorem. The news that came out today is a political one. And it's quite huge. Those of you who were part of WLSC 204 may remember what it is about.

bBhOC2d.png

If you haven't heard of the precedent that was set during that edition, then let me explain. After winning WLSC 203 with Miley Cyrus's "Midnight Sky" in Utochki, New Bander State, Tybalteva had the honour of hosting the following edition in its capital, Gatineau. The process was going rather smoothly up until Kamandé - a neighbouring nation with which we have a decade-old territorial dispute - first decided to attack our common border to test our level of defense during the preparations, and then pulled our strings by officially sending a 14-minute entry to WLSC: "A Theater Of Dimensions" by Xandria...

The issue is that Tybaltevan law imposes a ban on Kamandéan citizens, so we had to either break our own law to comply with the WLSC rules or do the exact opposite. Eventually, our broadcaster was forced to disqualify the Kamandéan entry since no exceptional visa was granted to Xandria by the authorities. This move sparked mixed reactions (mostly negative though) from the competing nations and the international community in general.

After the edition ended, the TYBC was forced to pay a hefty fine (around 200,000 tybaltos), which we saw coming. However, do some of you guys remember we were supposed to be part of WLSC 205 in Alasanti, Solentoya, but suddenly withdrew due to "unforeseen circumstances"? Well, now I can tell you: it is because we were informed by the NBU that they had decided to strip TYBC1 from their broadcasting rights to "make an example of us", which meant we could no longer participate or even air the contest...

We tried to appeal that decision, in vain, and to this day we haven't been able to recover our rights. With no contest to work on, my team was dissolved, so for the time being, my position of head of delegation is a thing of the past... Kamandé really tricked us into building ourselves a bad reputation.

As for the ban that applies to them (their assets, businesses, products, etc.) in our law, it originates from a decision our King made back in 2013 when the diplomatic tensions escalated. Just so you know, this feud started in 2010 when Kamandé gained independance from Orovoda. We accused them of wanting to gain ground over our lands in the process... But ask @Veliky or any other Kamandéan, they will tell you Tybaltevans' plan is to overthrow their government and annex their country... Truth is a two-side coin.

Back to the news, Kamandéan president Malena Ernman and King Archibald Aedan of Tybalteva reportedly met this weekend (for the third time only in History) in Ansèth, Pyreica, to finalise and sign an agreement that would draw a new border between both nations. The process started a few weeks after WLSC 204, on the Pyreican head of state's initiative, Aslaís Peira. Actually, this agreement had observers from Ujedinjeni Gvozd and Griffin Empire as well, since the whole region of Galea repeatedly expressed concerns over a potential open war. Since no arbitrary decision would have left both parties satisfied, it was agreed that the new border would follow the course of the Rivière Bleue (blue river), a minor river that used to cross the former border. See map below:

eKlmW3D.png

That way, the Rivière Bleue naturally separates both nations. Oddly enough, the balance of territories gained and lost by each party is compensated. The maritime border had to be re-drawn accordingly. The agreement also includes the progressive demilitarisation of the area on both sides and the lift of the ban on Kamandéans. Both heads of state confirmed the agreement today on Twitter.

FDQExyn.png

EtQZz8y.png

If you want my personal opinion, I think it IS indeed a positive milestone we all needed, for we could not let that issue unresolved forever and watch the death toll in our respective armies rise. However, I suspect that over the years this territorial dispute has become the tip of an iceberg. Both Ernman and Aedan are opinionated, vocal, cunning and patriotic leaders; and yet, despite all these common features, they hardly agree on anything. We all may wait an entire lifetime before the two of them shake hands or pose for an official picture.

To sum up, I am glad to hear such a good news, but I don't believe in such difficult relations thawing just like that. Proof is that there is no plan to open diplomatic offices in each other's capital and travellers won't find a direct flight between Kamandé and Tybalteva anytime soon. Our King also hinted any turnaround would make us get back to the pre-agreement situation... But let's remain positive! The ban will be lifted on January 1st, 2021, and a potential Tybaltevan NSC debut would not be compromised anymore.

Woah! That was a lot, but now I hope you get a better picture of what's happening.

See you tomorrow for another piece of news, more history/culture-centered this time. :)

Last edited:

tuorem

Hello guys. :) Thank you for taking the time to read the never-ending message I posted last night, I appreciated your interest in the news coming from our part of the world. xheart

Today, I had more to share: no more Kamandé and politics (those imps are so yesterday!); for weeks we Tybaltevans have been through a series of events that challenged our history and culture, so I thought I would tell you more about it since it is of utmost importance to our people. If you have time to waste and don't mind coming into our world, grab a cup of tea: happy reading!

ROlQmqh.png

About two months ago, on the night of October 17, fire broke out at the Maison des Sirènes (House of Sirens) and destroyed it entirely... It was a particularly depressing news for us as it was the second oldest building in Central Gatineau, the oldest one being the Hotel du Repos du Guerrier ("well-earned rest" inn) where some of you guys stayed at during WLSC 204.

Maison des Sirènes was undergoing renovation to become a new exHibition hall dedicated to Griffin-Tybaltevan artistic collaborations: the damaged wooden foundations and beams had to be strengthened, but alas that unexpected blaze spread to all the structure. Old Gatineau is a medieval city, which means most of the streets and alleys are too narrow for vehicles to run. The police was on the scene first, so they quickly evacuated and cordoned off the neighbourhood: no casualty to lament. However, by the time firefighters arrived with their equipment, the fire became too uncontrollable to save the building, whose roof, chimney and walls collapsed eventually.

A legal inquiry was immediately launched to determine the source of the blaze, and it turned out the department of Justice concluded the site manager of the restoration company "Blanc Ecru" had not turned the power supply off properly before closing the work site for the day. "Blanc Ecru", that previously worked on the renovation of historical monuments such as the Royal Castle, the Grand Cathedral and the Gatineau Golden Hall, was sentenced to pay compensation to the Tybaltevan State due to manifest oversight.

The story could have ended there if in early November word didn't go out that, under the rubble and ashes from the burned down wooden floor, a big gap leading to a cave was uncovered. You'll find the only picture available below (taken by the police).

UpTsDFp.jpg

The cave reportedly is made up of stone arranged by human hand all around: it has a "main" room with a four meters high ceiling (where the opening is located), a cramped tunnel covered in cobblestone, and at the other end a small square room where two chests bearing the Royal Family's emblem were found.

The contents of those chests remained secret for several weeks, until the media dropped the bombshells eventually: they contained scrolls and letters - lots of letters actually - a wrapped painting and a rolled-up tapestry. Little did we know those items would make us question things we took for granted for centuries history-wise!

THE PAINTING

Let's talk about the painting first: it allegedly is the portrait of our hero "Tybalt Aedan The Brave" - the founder of Tybalteva - made by Gervais de Lycorne. If you don't know who Gervais de Lycorne is, you probably are leaving under a rock, for he was a painter who lived in Gatineau in the 18th century and - to this day - he is the most illustrious Tybaltevan painter ever, actually the only one to be known worldwide. He officially made five paintings only (he died of sickness at age 20), all portraits, and the reason why he's become increasingly popular over the centuries is that - beyond his painting style and choices of pigments - his unique way of painting his subjects' eyes made the portraits look... alive! There are plenty of stories and tales about it out there.

King Roman Aedan Of New Tridenter - Tybalt's father - bought two paintings from De Lycorne when the young artist started making a name for himself at court, then Roman ordered three more from him for his personal collection. Now, the five artworks are scattered throughout the world. For your information, here is where you can find them now:

* "La Femme En Vert Foncé" (The Lady in dark green) - Brobdingngagng Palace Museum, Kralingslæting, Griffin Empire.

* "L'enfant Et L'ombrelle" (The Child and the Parasol) - Museo de los Artes Galeanos, San Luciana, Solentoya.

* "Eros Au Lit" (Eros in bed) - Museum of Western Arts, Vardychinov, Cydoni-Gibberia.

* "Le Noble Au Haut-de-forme Jaune Poussin" (Nobleman with a Canary-yellow Top Hat) - Human Arts Museum, Khazad-dûm, Endórë.

* "Salvator Mundi" (Saviour of the World) - Royal Museum, Gatineau, Tybalteva.

The hypothetical sixth painting attributed to De Lycorne was Tybalt Aedan The Brave's portrait, but apart from Tybaltevan tales in which it is often featured, no evidence proved its actual existence until now. I remember my granddad recounting me such stories when I was a child, especially the one about a celebration at the Domain of Stonia (where Tybalt once resided): the painting was hanging on a wall and, before the end of the night, servants and noble guests alike ended up being creeped out by it as soon as they noticed the portrait's eyes blinked after staring at it for too long... :oops: This is straight-up food for a child's imagination! :LOL:

For the past month, the painting has been assessed and valued to determine if it was a forgery, simply a more contemporary artwork, or what we thought didn't actually exist... And the results were troubling: the painting style is said to be identical to De Lycorne's (and he had no pupil), the canvas bears his signature and the "eyes effect" leaves little room for doubt; even the dating seems to correspond to the century in question. Icing on the cake: it reportedly is in pristine condition given how old it is. Unbelievable! :oops:

The portrait will be exHibited for the first time next Sunday at the Royal Museum in Gatineau; of course I will have to go and see it for myself, so if you'd like to accompany me, let me know! Otherwise, I will keep you posted and try to take a picture when I get there.

THE TAPESTRY

If finding such a painting from our most prominent artist - that most people thought was pure minstrel's fantasy - was hard to swallow, the tapestry that has been found takes us to mythical levels. According to art experts and historians, it is none other than the Tapisserie des Eaux Insondables (the Tapestry of Unfathomable Waters), which dates back to times we don't know well at all. It predates both Tybalteva and Neoà Triedeènterinerter (New Tridenter), the former kingdom established after the Aedans, our current King's ancestors, conquered the territories surrounding the route of Caperini.

As written on the wiki page of Tybalteva, the Aedans are said to come from Triedeènterinerter (Tridenter), an island supposedly located in Northern Galea that never appeared on any map. The Aedans had a kingdom there and ruled over a mysterious kind of population, well-versed in occult sciences. The oldest royal ancestor we heard of was François IV of Tridenter, he apparently was a very religious and superstitious man who - whenever he went on adventures - sought the assistance of the Four Sisters. It is unknown whether they were actual nuns or female siblings, but they were weavers. Their role was first to ask the heavens for guidance through ancestral divination tools, and then reproduce the messages in the form of tapestries showing little scenes of prowess. The King would then travel with the tapestries, that allegedly brought him luck and made the Heavens' will come true.

The Tapisserie des Eaux Insondables was weaved for François IV's son - Arthur - who contemplated leaving Tridenter to build his own kindgom New Tridenter, that would later become Tybalteva. It reportedly is a two-meter long vertical tapestry showing Arthur in three scenes: the first one depicts him travelling on a stately vessel on stormy seas, the second one shows him wielding the keys to his inner self (symbol of the Aedan family and alchemical glyph representing the fusion of body, soul and spirit) to build a new kingdom when reaching terra firma, and the third one depicts him seated on a carved throne, marking power in all its glory.

Unlike De Lycorne's portrait, the tapestry is greatly damaged to the point where only the middle part of it (corresponding to the second scene) retained most of the art and dyes...

Last unexpected event: our King asked for a referendum for people to decide whether the tapestry should become the new flag of the nation. It might sound like a strange proposal, but it was actually Tybalt Aedan the Brave's original wish when founding Tybalteva. Since it was nowhere to be found, he created the flag you all currently know based on the accounts describing the colours and symbols of the tapestry back in 1782.

The referendum is open at the moment and Tybaltevans can vote until Sunday 27 december, 20:00; nationals living abroad are able to vote at the Tybaltevan embassy of their country of residence.

The results will be known on Monday 28 December, which means there may be a radical visual change coming soon for Tybalteva, depending on what the majority thinks on the matter.

And that is all for today! If you've made it to the end, you da real MVP xlove Many big news in such a short amount of time! The thing is our history is so grey area-ridden that the more we learn, the less we know! xheat

To be continued on Sunday and Monday... :)

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm having some ND fire flashbacks with theses news :unsure:
Can't wait to see this new flag xheat (please, no more yellow and blue, the hosts will thank you xheart)

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Wow, a painting of Gervais de Lycorne xshock The National Gallery of Tamausia & Deltannor (La Gallera Naçonale de la Tamausi-Deltanne) has been after one of those since forever! If one happens to go missing, well............................. idk Tanoiro seems sus :unsure:

I love how much detail and thought goes into these bits of information about Tybalteva xlove Really brings your country to life! Which reminds me, I kinda need to flesh out the info and history about T&D :lol:

tuorem

I'm having some ND fire flashbacks with theses news :unsure:
Can't wait to see this new flag xheat (please, no more yellow and blue, the hosts will thank you xheart)

You're spot on, it was a tribute to Notre-Dame. I was on site when the cathedral burned, I saw Viollet-le-Duc's spire fall with my own eyes and people gasp all around me when it happened... I stayed there until nightfall as I couldn't take my eyes off the fire and our History vanishing in a thick golden-beige smoke column. :( I will never forget that day.

As for the new flag, I can't promise all those colours you mentioned will go :LOL: but it will look very different... and the dominant hue is not present on our current flag. So stay tuned ;) hopefully the referendum won't be a fail. :p

What a tragedy! People of Griffin Empire have already started a fundraiser to help your restorations. :(

Interestingly enough - La Femme En Vert Foncé was bought for the Griffin royal collection (Grandiozsiska galeriet), then it was stolen, brought back, given back to Tybalteva and received as a gift for our 800 years of friendship celebration. What a journey. xheat

Love the tapestry as flag idea. 10/10

A warm thank you to the Griffin government, I knew we could count on our brothers across the Bay. xkiss

Ooh, that's very true: La Femme En Vert Foncé has a story of its own, she travelled a lot :LOL: but thankfully she is in safe hands now :giggle: We were glad to gift it to you on the occasion of the Griffin-Tybaltevan friendship anniversary. xheart

Wow, a painting of Gervais de Lycorne xshock The National Gallery of Tamausia & Deltannor (La Gallera Naçonale de la Tamausi-Deltanne) has been after one of those since forever! If one happens to go missing, well............................. idk Tanoiro seems sus :unsure:

I love how much detail and thought goes into these bits of information about Tybalteva xlove Really brings your country to life! Which reminds me, I kinda need to flesh out the info and history about T&D :lol:

:LOL: Hahaha thank you Sir Connor, we send our greetings to La Gallera Naçonale de la Tamausi-Deltanne. I heard our National Museum was planning a big exHibition of Tamausi-Deltannese artists (painters and sculptors mostly) for spring 2021. There was a high demand for it in our country this year already, but it had to be delayed to make sure the organisation would run smoothly. :)

Thank you for your nice words (and for reading!), I'm trying to add a bit of depth to this thread. By the way, I would be happy to read more about T&D :cool: Let me know whenever there's more info!

tuorem

Good evening guys, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas week and Santa brought some nice presents. :p I don't know about your location but it's actually snowing quite a lot here in Gatineau at the moment.

uMopXyc.jpg

As promised, here is the second-to-last "little" message I had planned to post following the batch of news I shared on Monday. :)

Today was the day the recently-discovered sixth painting of Gervais de Lycorne was presented to the general public. The Tybaltevan media have talked about it all day long.

sdynebi.png

As a result, I went to the Royal Museum this afternoon... there was a hell of a queue outside, to such an extent that I spent about an hour and a half waiting in the cold... o_O

I had not seen the exHibition in a while - the last time was when the impenetrable mithril coat gifted by Endórë was temporarily displayed - so I took my time before heading towards Gervais's portrait. First of all, the Museum set up a bunker-like room just for it: one could not miss the surveillance cameras, the temperature and humidity sensors, as well as the four security guards standing in each corner. Only fifteen people at a time could enter, so the queue was divided into groups and a one-minute timer let visitors know it was time for them to make way for the next people... Dawdling was impossible!

Upon entering the room, I noticed there was a barrier used to prevent people from getting too close to the painting (I'd say there was about two meters of separation) and of course, we were told not use flash when taking pictures. People and their bad manners jostled for front positions, so I stayed behind, yet I managed to take a decent shot for y'all. Take a look!

KfTbbjl.jpg

Time flew by, but if you wonder about my opinion, seeing the portrait was a surreal experience. I usually don't get emotional when looking at paintings, yet in that instance it made many memories and childhood tales surface again in my mind: it was like facing a part of our History. Aesthetically, if you appreciate Gervais's works, you will be mesmerised! The hues are delightfully soft and it seems Tybalt Aedan was quite easy on the eye. :p As for Gervais's signature touch to the eyes, I have no words to describe what it felt like... It's like they were gleaming somehow. I'm not sure what kind of witchcraft De Lycorne was up to, but that was intriguing for sure.

And apparently, I'm not the only one to think so: I saw on TV that the value of "Tybalt Aedan The Brave" could be estimated at roughly 2 billion tybaltos, joining Alfredo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa" - to be found in Kralingslæting, Griffin Empire - in the select club of works of art whose value is so immeasurable one cannot really put a price on them. Anyway, if you're considering taking a trip to Gatineau someday, go and see it, it's definitely worth it imo.

Before ending this post, I had to point out there are speculations about the cave discovered under Maison des Sirènes and the presence of royal chests there. Some people suggested the portrait might have been stolen during the ransacking of the Domain of Stonia, that Tybalt Aedan escaped from at the very last moment when it was besieged by barbarian tribes in 1780. Tybalteva is a coastal nation, many of us count merchants and pirates among our ancestors, so either someone stole the painting and hoped to sell it but eventually couldn't, or someone wanted to protect it... Either way, it seems it has been lying under our feet for centuries. Regarding the tapestry, it is a big question mark since very few written records mentioned its hypothetical existence to begin with... By the way, we will know the results of the referendum tomorrow: Tybalteva may or may not display a new flag. I voted myself this morning. ;)

Thank you again for reading, tonight was all about wrapping storytelling up, the last part is coming tomorrow. Good luck to the WLSC 210 participants and host by the way! Have fun! :giggle:

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'd be so pissed off if I waited hours only to be at the back of my crowd of 15 and didn't get to see it in our allocated 60 seconds. :lol:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Good evening guys, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas week and Santa brought some nice presents. :p I don't know about your location but it's actually snowing quite a lot here in Gatineau at the moment.

uMopXyc.jpg

Last time I went there Gatineau didn't have as much snow :lol:

You're spot on, it was a tribute to Notre-Dame. I was on site when the cathedral burned, I saw Viollet-le-Duc's spire fall with my own eyes and people gasp all around me when it happened... I stayed there until nightfall as I couldn't take my eyes off the fire and our History vanishing in a thick golden-beige smoke column. :( I will never forget that day.
I can only imagine, even 1000km away and through a TV screen I was left silent.

Anyway, I can't wait to see this new flag (because we will see a new one, there's no other way).

tuorem

I'd be so pissed off if I waited hours only to be at the back of my crowd of 15 and didn't get to see it in our allocated 60 seconds. :lol:

I couldn't agree more, but I am the type of person that simply cannot fight over a good view in such instances. :LOL: Same in concerts.
That's why I said I went through the whole eXhibition again, because realistically, I would never have had the faith to endure so much for 60 seconds. :LOL:

tuorem

Hello guys, I hope you are doing well. :D

Here we are, finally! Despite Christmas time, it's been a crazy week full of debates regarding the referendum in Tybalteva. There were basically three opinions showing through polls and street interviews:

* The "yes": people in favor of the flag change because they took the King's idea well and claimed honouring the Tapisserie des Eaux Insondables would make us symbolically strengthen our roots and unity as a people.

* The "no": people against the flag change since that would mean betraying Tybalt Aedan The Brave's ideals and diminishing his heroic achievements.

* The "do not know": people who either didn't care or couldn't form a precise opinion on the subject matter.

The referendum mobilised 10.1 million voters: since Tybalteva has a population of about 18.86 million people, it is a great participation ratio if we put aside minors and foreigners. No more suspense! Here is the outcome:

0iGQKfw.png

So this is official! Tybaltevans have spoken: "yes" won the referendum with 67.4% of the votes cast, which imo is a pretty clear answer to the King's proposal. Therefore, the flag of Tybalteva - that was created in 1782 when the nation was officially founded - will be replaced with a replica of the second scene of the Tapisserie des Eaux Insondables (Tapestry of Unfathomable Waters), taking us back to 1652 and the arrival of Prince Arthur Aedan from Tridenter Island to the land that would become Tybalteva.

The "new" flag - which ironically is older than the former one - has been hoisted at the Royal Castle and the city hall of Gatineau already. The mass production is currently at full capacity, so all Tybaltevan municipalities as well as our embassies throughout Natia should receive theirs by the end of the year.

rECqS5G.png

Let's do a side-by-side comparison in order to gauge the major visual change that occured today.

HvOPHop.png

XelBOVF.png

The difference is self-evident. Much to Baby G's despair (@Edweis), the colours of the former flag are present, although the hues are different: we have now a faded yellow that almost disappears from sight at a distance, a richer dark blue and an off-white replacing the bright one. Let's now address the elephant in the room: the dominant purple hue is now part of our colour scheme. I really appreciate that it's not as cold as violet, and yet it doesn't lean too much towards purple red either.

Art-wise, this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm sure we can all agree this is unique in Natia and far more personal-looking than the former flag. Actually, I never realised how similar our flag was to Aimulli's... Good thing we're moving on to something else. Also, while the two old keys - called the "ethereal keys" - remain our signature (one can even find them in the title of this thread), we abandon the "crossed keys" for vertically-aligned ones. I'm sure Rahasia-Diati will be glad to learn they'll keep the crossed ones to themselves. :giggle:

THE MEANINGS AND SYMBOLS

The scene you can see is inspired by stained glass aesthetics and depicts Arthur Aedan of Tridenter wielding the ethereal keys (arcane symbol of the Aedan royal family) after landing on the unclaimed territory he planned to conquer. Apart from the keys, there are other noteworthy symbols originating from occultism:

*The lilies (or fleur-de-lys in this instance) in floral language represent royalty, fecundity and rebirth.

*The pointed crown is an artefact related to Tridenterian lore, it confirms the central character's royal heritage is linked to the kingdom of Tridenter, on which we have so little information.

*The angel holding a sort of horn on the left corresponds to the "judgement": the twenty-first major arcana of the tarot that means - amongst other things - awakening, purpose and reflection.

*The solar eclipse, creating a halo around Arthur's head, represents new beginnings in astrology.

*The character on the right resembles Milo, a winged troubadour-messenger who was responsible for relaying the word of the Old Gods to mortals, according to Tridenterian mythology.

*As for the trees and overall ornamentation: I truly cannot say - the extent of my knowledge ends here - but it is said there are messages in Tridenterian (the language from which Tybaltevan derives) hidden in the background...

The colours have a significance too:

*yellow = sunlight and potency.
*black = darkness and death (our past counted many battles and wars).
*dark blue = dreams and wisdom (one might add water, that is an essential element to us).
*white = purity and balance.
*purple = mystery and spirituality (fitting given our overall lore).

I guess that, with this extensive amount of information, you will understand the symbols on our flag better. From now on, please use the new flag to refer to Tybalteva. I will post it on the first message of this thread (in highest resolution available) and will upload it on the relevant wiki articles tonight.

Once more, thank you so much for reading. xheart I hope you enjoyed learning more about our nation. I admit those were big chunks of text, but that's how much information I felt the need to share right now.

Now I think I should let Tybalteva breathe for a while... until next time! :D

P.S.: and oh coincidence! Today is the one-year anniversary of Tybalteva joining the Waiting List! xcheer NSC 176 was the first edition we voted in: friendly shoutout to Tanoiro (@anaraqueen) that debuted on that occasion, and Baia Papaya (@SaladBreak) that received our first douze points ever thanks to the evergreen hit "O Saki Saki". :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well that's certainly an Interesting flag to change to. I like the history and story to go with it, but ngl I'm imaginging how it will look as a flag icon, and well, heavily detailed flags don't usually look too good in icon form. :lol:

tuorem

Well that's certainly an Interesting flag to change to. I like the history and story to go with it, but ngl I'm imaginging how it will look as a flag icon, and well, heavily detailed flags don't usually look too good in icon form. :lol:

I tested it in icon-like size prior to confirming my choice, and I am okay with the way it looks actually :)
Of course, all the details get lost but as you said, that's the trade-off with busy flags.

The fact the colours aren't garish and there aren't many clear lines prevent it from looking messy I think. The central character and the purple part are still relatively visible, so I'm fine with that: it will still stand out from the other flags. ;)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
P.S.: and oh coincidence! Today is the one-year anniversary of Tybalteva joining the Waiting List! xcheer NSC 176 was the first edition we voted in: friendly shoutout to Tanoiro (@anaraqueen) that debuted on that occasion, and Baia Papaya (@SaladBreak) that received our first douze points ever thanks to the evergreen hit "O Saki Saki". :)
only winners xcry

tuorem

Remind me to NEVER use the flags again in a hosting. There's no way I wouldn't butcher this xcry

LIES! Your graphic design skills are top-notch dear. xheart

I admit it might not be the easiest flag to work with, but honestly I'm grateful enough for your visual works, I wouldn't be well placed to split hairs about how it may look in a particular graphic theme. :)

On aime Pyreica ici! Non mais oh! xkiss

Top Bottom