Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2024 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Miss Antartica

Today in the evening we will know about Turkey's Eurovision future, if he is reconfirmed Erdo will be out if Kingic wins he will return. Do you accept predictions who will win? I believe Erdogan will win, because the third candidate who was running told his right-wing voters to vote for Erdogan.

Schlagerman1

I don't know how big Raif Özkan Ugur was, but EBU has just uploaded MFÖs two entries to it's youtube channel....at the same time as a certain country is ready to let Sweden into Nato....

I got a gut feeling that something is in the mists here after all....I mean they haven't really done this when other ESC-acts has died so...must be something into it...or they started something new with MFÖ being the first. xshrug

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
I got a gut feeling that something is in the mists here after all....I mean they haven't really done this when other ESC-acts has died so...must be something into it.
This was also uploaded in his memory after his death.

hijirio

Veteran
I don't know how big Raif Özkan Ugur was, but EBU has just uploaded MFÖs two entries to it's youtube channel....at the same time as a certain country is ready to let Sweden into Nato....

I got a gut feeling that something is in the mists here after all....I mean they haven't really done this when other ESC-acts has died so...must be something into it...or they started something new with MFÖ being the first. xshrug
MFÖ had a huge career in Turkey beyond Eurovision, most people in Turkey don’t even know about their ESC participation and those two entries are some of their least known songs.
So yeah, there’s a huge mourning in Turkey atm on his passing and ESC wanted to pay attribute to that i gas.

Miss Antartica

EBU ebu site in youtube give a tribute to MFO interesting they call this nation Türkiye .
Meanwhile, VERY GOOD NEW, it seems that Turkey says yes to the entry of Sweden into NATO in exchange Turkey will enter the European Union, it will also be supported by Biden. This is that Turkey if it joins will pass a series of pro-gay laws and return to Eurovision, these two things pushed by the European Union.

empo21

Veteran
Their proposal to join EU in exchange for ratifying Sweden has already been shut down. Aside from LGBTQ+ stance (which Erdoğan is firmly against), Turkey needs to do a lot more, like making sure there's freedom of speech and not arrest journalists/artists, the entire Syrian immigration issue, inflation etc.

If Turkey joining EU were to be directly tied to them returning to Eurovision - I wouldn't stay hopeful for neither of those two things happening soon.

Sammy

Veteran
Their proposal to join EU in exchange for ratifying Sweden has already been shut down. Aside from LGBTQ+ stance (which Erdoğan is firmly against), Turkey needs to do a lot more, like making sure there's freedom of speech and not arrest journalists/artists, the entire Syrian immigration issue, inflation etc.

If Turkey joining EU were to be directly tied to them returning to Eurovision - I wouldn't stay hopeful for neither of those two things happening soon.
you made my day! xroflxrofl

hijirio

Veteran
It's so cringe for Turkey to be part of the EU.
We will never be part of the EU unless we give up on our distinct culture (a mix of oriental and the west).
I don't want to lose this uniqueness we have.

It's true that Turkey is distancing itself more and more from Europe, but we were way far from being a member state even when we were democratic state on par with Greece, even more than them at particular occasions through history.

Also I don't want Turkey to return to Eurovision when i see all the eastern european and balkan countries having a tendency to send western-sounding radio friendly entries to get a good result from the juries. (hello bulgaria, greece)

Top Bottom