Contact us

Things we have yet to see in an ESC entry....

anto475

We have yet to see this, though I'm sure it'll feature heavily once the kinks get ironed out.

tuorem

We have yet to see this, though I'm sure it'll feature heavily once the kinks get ironed out.

Fantastic, it would make an awesome staging (with a simple choreography, an artist could literally interact with the fabrics). Incredible how they remain within this circular platform. (Justs, if you read us... xshifty)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
We haven't seen an artist replaced entirely right before the deadline, performing the same tune - same artist with different tune, several times, but never the other way around.
Well, we've technically had that. With some of Sweden's early entries, a different artist than the one who won MF was sent to ESC. 1959, 1960 and 1961 for example.

We haven't seen a non-English entry translated with subtitles, shown either on the screen or superimposed on the broadcast....
They do this in Finland (or at least did). Maybe other countries as well.

Fluke

Well, now we got the first East Asian performer, Australia's Dami Im!

And Macedonia's Daniel Kajmakoski did a "fake slow motion move" in 2015, in an otherwise disastrous entry....

anto475

Well, now we got the first East Asian performer, Australia's Dami Im!

And Macedonia's Daniel Kajmakoski did a "fake slow motion move" in 2015, in an otherwise disastrous entry....

First East Asian performer was actually Anneke Gronloh who represented the Netherlands in 1964!!

anto475

We are yet to see this amazing tech being used either!! Once these go mainstream then I'm expecting more than fireworks and projection-dresses from acts!!

cegs5

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but afaik we are yet to see a FtM (Female to Male Transexual/Transgendered person) singer.

Vespertine

This applies only to winners, but we haven't had a guitarist male solo act win yet (we've already had Lenny Kuhr and Nicole).

We also haven't had a pianist female solo act win yet either (Udo Jurgens won for Austria in 1966)

Brandt

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but afaik we are yet to see a FtM (Female to Male Transexual/Transgendered person) singer.

Who is he?

anto475

We also haven't had a pianist female solo act win yet either (Udo Jurgens won for Austria in 1966)

Have we even had that many female solo pianists enter? I can't think of a lot, MayaSar, Molly Sterling.....I can't actually think of any others tbh?

Vespertine

Have we even had that many female solo pianists enter? I can't think of a lot, MayaSar, Molly Sterling.....I can't actually think of any others tbh?

I've got those two, plus Maria Guinot in 1984.

And if we're including notable ladies on pianos that aren't solo acts, then we've got the German entry in 1988 and that ticked off girl in Greece 1981 :p

Edit: "An entry with the vocal performer(s) entirely hidden - "Love Symphony" had the singer hidden for most of the time, until the end."

Do backing singers that contribute significant parts count? Then I would imagine that UK 1984 would classify as the first one to do this. Although from what I hear, apparently UK 1983 did the same thing...

Edit2: "We haven't seen an entry where the lyrics are simply the same words repeated over and over, with nothing more."

Finland 1998? It's the same 7 words, over and over again.

Karhu

Edit2: "We haven't seen an entry where the lyrics are simply the same words repeated over and over, with nothing more."

Finland 1998? It's the same 7 words, over and over again.

Also Belgium 1983.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
We haven't seen an entry with an outright "false ending" before the actual ending, though a few like Belarus "Mum" from 2006 came kinda close.

What about :no: 1971 and :cy: 1992?

tuorem

We have yet to hear an entry that's heavily inspired by ancient classical music. Having a classically-trained soloist or duet sing a chamber music-sounding elegy would be beyond awesome in my opinion.

Operatic crossovers have generally done fairly well in the past, so there's definitely room for a purely classical piece of music (without any Eurotrash elements in it). If written well, that could be a real standout!

Top Bottom