Contact us

Things we have yet to see in an ESC entry....

Fluke

So here's a list of things that theoretically could have been in an entry, but never have been so far. What more can you think of?

An entirely unaccompanied solo singer.... there have been two "a cappella" entries, but they were both 6-piece vocal groups.

An entirely spoken, as opposed to sung entry, though there's quite a few with pretty long spoken parts in it.

An entry with the vocal performer(s) entirely hidden - "Love Symphony" had the singer hidden for most of the time, until the end.

An entry with some kind of robot, or video displayed character as a performer, not necessarily without live human performers on stage. Ukraine 2012 had some dancing figures, but they weren't really a major part of it.

A lead performer of East Asian descent - there may have been some obscure one long ago that i don't know about, but i don't think so.

A performer being submerged in water, in one way or another - i'm surprised nobody's used some kind of pool or perhaps a transparent tank, but there's rumours we'll see water on stage somehow this year.....

An entry using the cameras as a part of the staging, like JEM in Melodifestivalen this year - Ukraine 2011 had a live camera being projected onto the screen, but they didn't move the camera itself in any way.

The same artist representing 2 different nations - i know it couldn't happen, and would probably break rules somehow, but it's still funny as hell to consider.

An operatic bass, or alto as lead singer - may actually have been some in the 60s or so, but not recently.

A midget artist - Lithuania had one in the finals a few years ago, and Alf Poier would probably have had one on stage if he had won for Austria in 2005.

A male-on-male kiss - surprised there hasn't been one yet, though there might have been one outside of the actual entries.

A female-to-male drag act - really surprised there hasn't been one yet.

lilka

Animals on stage! :lol:
(But rules must be changed)

Salmon

An entry which doesn't just use dubstep as a gimmick, but as a genre the whole focus is put on.

(Igranka was pretty close to that though)

Terence

Wasn't there a brief male-male kiss in :il: 2000?

Deleted member 8866

The same artist representing 2 different nations - i know it couldn't happen, and would probably break rules somehow, but it's still funny as hell to consider.

That would almost happen in 2003, when Ich Troje first won in Poland and then tried to represent Germany. They finished 6th in the German preselection.

SRBIJA

Banned

Backing vocalists don't count I pressume? Because Martina Majerle who represented Slovenia in 2009 is a backing vocalist for Montenegro this year (and take note that she is actually from Croatia making this even more interesting :lol:).

EscGeek

Veteran
Backing vocalists don't count I pressume? Because Martina Majerle who represented Slovenia in 2009 is a backing vocalist for Montenegro this year (and take note that she is actually from Croatia making this even more interesting :lol:).

I think he meant in a same year because many singers represented two different nations :rolleyes:

Fluke

Anggun (France 2012) is Indonesian.
Also one of the Trackshittaz is half Chinese.

Peter Gabriel had a whole bunch of stage gimmicks i've never seen attempted in ESC:

Fluke

And at least in the modern age, we haven't seen an entry where the entire song is shown as a closeup on the singer - that would be something to try, i guess....

Fluke

We haven't seen a song with all wordless vocals - some in a nonsense language, but none entirely without words.

And we've yet to hear a song celebrating polygamy - that's the next frontier to push....

randajad

Veteran
Azerbaijan having an Azerbaijani entry in Azeri.
Oh, and Belarus having an Belarusian entry in Belarusian.

Top Bottom