Contact us

The Overrated and Underrated of 2018

SiXo

Overrated
:be: - I am sorry, but I still don't understand how can anyone see this qualifying, not to say it could potentially be top 10. :confused:
:il: - The song is fine but nothing groundbreaking.
:cz: - Mikolas is hot AF, but the song is so mediocore.

Underrated
:by: - I am in love with the song, Alekseev and stage performance with the lights.
:me: - Such great ballad. I could easily see this in top 10 tbh.

midnightsun

Veteran
Underrated: Lithuania. It‘s not in my top 10 but it‘s a nice simple beautiful song that will do much better than expected!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Overrated: :es:
Underrated: :sl:

Iker

Veteran
Overrated
:be: - I am sorry, but I still don't understand how can anyone see this qualifying, not to say it could potentially be top 10. :confused:
:il: - The song is fine but nothing groundbreaking.
:cz: - Mikolas is hot AF, but the song is so mediocore.

Underrated
:by: - I am in love with the song, Alekseev and stage performance with the lights.
:me: - Such great ballad. I could easily see this in top 10 tbh.

Montenegro -great ballad? Please ask yourself and answer this question truthfully and in good conscience right after listening to Balkan ballads like Lane Moje, Oro or Molitva and I think
you'll perhasp grasp why people don't find "Inje" good at all. The song does not cast a spell on me, does not take my breath away, neither is anywhere close to grabbing my heart / moving me. It's not what I call captivating. The revamp made it less like a chore to listen to though, but it's still quite ponderous. But I guess this song can be closer to your heart as the language used should be fully understandable and making immediate connection to you considering your country flag.

But do you genuinely get chills listening to it? Or do you like the song as in "this is nice" category. Do you have some sublime reflections &feelingsthroughout and after, what do you meant by love? For me to pass the level of good this type of song needs some. But just because the song is nice it does not mean immediately that it's grossly underrated just because it's overlooked. There are 42 other entries this year.

Belarus - he can't sing live properly and his accent is thick ...

midnightsun

Veteran
I am a huge fan of Montenegro this year and I love it a lot! And yes, it also captured MY heart. I‘m quite sure it will qualify!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Overrated: :hu::dk:
Underrated: :ie::ch::me:

Realest

Overrated: :il: :dk: :fr: :cz: :ua: :au: :es: :gr: :mk: :mt: :lv:
Underrated: :se: :md: :hu: :ro: :am: :ge:

Mainshow

Veteran
Overrated: Denmark, France, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
Underrated: Hungary, Slovenia, Belarus, Ireland

Preuss

Poor Jessica ends up as number 20 and you still think she’s overrated because you don’t approve of her placement

If there’s anyone I personally think should’ve gotten more points it’s Jessica, Equinox and Madame Monsieur
But I don’t really feel like I’m in a position to say which entries were overrated because I didn’t personally connect with them? :?
I mean, I’m pretty much in the belief that anyone who does well do deserve it? Yes diaspora and political voting might help some countries gaining some more points, but I don’t believe it’s the sole reason why entries do well at the end of the day as there’s so much evidence speaking against it

Realest

When I read that you commented here, I expected an australiaphile Answer, youre so predictable :lol:
Btw. this is a subjective Thread, everyone here is in the position to say which entry is overrated/underrated.
And yes, I wanted Georgia and Romania in the Final instead of Australia without being an Australia-Hater ;)

Preuss

I mean, I did expect you to write something about Sweden in this thread so where’s the difference...? :p
Yes I know it’s an opinion thread therefore I’m coming with my honest opinion lol
Whatever floats ur goat, say what you want but the credibility in your posts about Australia is non exisent bro ;) I mean, you’ve publically admitted numerous times that you hate Australia

Realest

In the opposite to you I dont react to every single swedophobe comment that others make or bring up the sweden-topic up out of nowhere ;)
And yes I hate Australia, thats why I wrote that I accept 70-80 Jurypoints and that I recognise Australia as part of ESC after their almost fair Juryresult this year ;)
Or that I like some songs of Jessica ;)

Preuss

I mean, if you haven’t noticed the main reason I’m reacting to these posts about Australia is due to the fact that I feel like they’re being unfairly treated around these boards. And your stupidity is once again amplified when you claim that I’m reacting to every piece of shit’s that written about Australia lol. It might feel that way for you, but that’s because your arguments and claims are so one-dimensional lol
Again, who do you think you are, claiming that entries deserve the score you give them? Lol
Yes you admitted this after I «slaughtered» one of your posts about Jessica so now you’re just using this as a scapegoat lol

Realest

You dont get it, I mean, I cant write Jessica was overrated in here without getting an australiaphile answer from you ;)
Or in the other Forum I cant write Genealogy deserved Top3 without being asked if I liked the song if it represented Australia totally out of nowhere ;)
And yes, Im allowed to write how many points are deserved like everyone else ;)

mauve

Veteran
I agree About Georgia, by the way. Completely underrated. Loved the song and the way they presented it. As for Australia and Sweden, I didn't like both Songs, but Benjamin at least hit the notes. Can't say that about Jessica. :?

Top Bottom