Contact us

The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - We have a winner!

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 1 (SPAIN)

24. NORWAY - Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write a Song

25-NORWAY-850x491.png

Read the "Expert" Panel reviews and vote in the poll here!

Do #YOU agree with our views on Norway? What's your opinion? Share your review of the Norwegian entry below and we'll feature the best across the main site!​

mauve

Veteran
Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 24 (NORWAY)

This song is really controversy. I myself can't really range it clearly. On the one hand it is just a bad song. On the other hand Alexander's charisma is obvious, you can't deny that he has much fun entertaining. And it is a good thing that the ESC have a song that reflects humour sense. It makes me smile watching at the song whereas I actually don't like it. The song is not good, not bad, not even mediocre. Does it make any sense? In the end, who cares?

Soul

Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 30 (AUSTRIA)

I'll keep this short: I LOVE our entry - I really do. Not because I'm Austrian (this aspect just adds pride :D ), but because the song is sooo much better than I would have ever expected after "Running On Air". Indeed it's the first time since Conchita, that I really, really want people to hear our song and react to it. Zoe and Nathan were likeable performers, but Cesár isn't just nice as a person, he also has a fantastic, modern, radio-friendly song. If there's one thing I would change it's the chorus, as it lacks some energy, but the middle 8 ("don't make me tear my heart out, ...") certainly makes up for it. Can't wait to see it being performed (hopefully) in the grand final.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

31. ITALY - Ermal Meta & Fabrizio Moro - Non mi avete fatto niente

31-ITALY-850x491.png

Do #YOU agree with our views on Italy? What's your opinion? Share your review of the Italian entry below and we'll feature the best across the main site!

---

32. GEORGIA - Iriao - For You

32-GEORGIA-850x491.png

Do #YOU agree with our views on Georgia? What's your opinion? Share your review of the Georgian entry below and we'll feature the best across the main site!​

Kevan1994

Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 31 (ITALY)

4 countries all tied for second now :eek:

Soul

Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 33 (ESTONIA)

As a huge fan of Nightwish and especially Tarja Turunen, I love this entry. It's very dramatic, somewhat dark and Elina has a fantastic voice to deliver it almost perfectly - almost because I still find it a bit hard to connect to her as a person. I've listened to the song about 40 to 50 times already and just don't get tired of it. Kudos!

Sean

Admin
Staff member

[MENTION=4371]Sean[/MENTION]

Are you planning to actually add the "televoting" score to :ee:'s final one?

Yes when I'm home I'll change it, has already been pointed out to me. The position is correct

Top Bottom