14 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
I love the piano motif and his vocals are really incredible - I´m not a huge fan of the chorus. It slightly reminds me of Hungary 2016 (but a little bit weaker).. the best part starts at 2:18 "Ooh, what we´ve become" which is really memorable, eerie and beautiful at the same time (but way too short)

It´s not a bad song (the lyrics are a bit meh and I´m with @I bims on the repetitive "soldier, soldier" line) but I´d give it :6: for now but unfortunately, I can´t see :ch: qualify in the bloodbath that is semi 1.

Last edited:

Fluke

Kinda like the voice, especially in the beginning when he sings low, something you seldom hear in the ESC. The second verse should have started an octave lower, like that. Overall it kinda reminds me of Australia's "Not the Same", but the rest of the song and the arrangement is so cliched, it sounds like a mishmash of ESC entries i hated from the last few years.

The subject feels desperate and almost exploitative to me, like they just think they have to get a lot of votes with a song about this. All-in-all, the good parts doesn't redeem the contrived lyrics and overall cliche feel of it, and i don't think it's going to be very successful either, maybe it'll just slip into the final by jury votes like "Boys Do Cry" did.

Funny enough, we have an expression in Romanian related to things being a 'watergun', meaning something is 'insignificant or without effect'. I feel like this expression fits this song because it's really not pulling any punches.
That doesn't mean what i think you think it means. You mean it's not making any punches.... "pulling any punches" means the opposite.

ollibox

Yeah... Not really "enthusiastic" about that song unfortunately...
Someone compared this to Estonian song, but I personaly don't see much of resemblance. Except the piano parts. Yup, they both want to be "power ballads", but... Idk.
That's exactly a middle-of-the-road entry for me. Not exceptionally good, but not bad either. :6: from me at this point.

Kitakaze

The lyrics put me off a bit initially so I didn’t think much of it at first but this is quickly becoming one of my favourites. I wish they amped up the strings a bit more and added more piano and less drums but surely it’s too good not qualify even without a jury. Hopefully with Sacha at the helm they’ll nail some memorable staging.

crashworld

Veteran
There is always that one or 2 songs that will creep unexpectedly on you and everything just clicks. OK, not going to lie, "Watergun" is doing this to me. I am going to up the rating to :8:. I don't care that much for the lyrics, but I really like the production of the song and his voice. The composition could have been better, but it is what it is. Have no hopes for his qualification chances without the help of juries. So hopefully SJB better lift this song up with the staging.

SpiritofKeiino

I believe that this is a NQ unless the staging and vocal performance on the night is surprisingly great. It hasn't got a great reaction from the fandom and feels like more of a jury song.

SpiritofKeiino

Oh my god, why would you waste an incredible voice like this for a non-event song like this??
I enjoyed Switzerland 2019, 2020 and even more so 2021, which remains my favourite song of that fantastic year. However 2022 and 2023 have bored me to tears. Can we have something more upbeat and creative next year please?

Luneaux

A great singer and a thought provoking ballad with deep, meaningful lyrics. I actually love this! xheart It doesn't bring new value to the contest, it's not that special, but it touched me in this present situation in the world.

midnightsun

Veteran
As much as I would love to have this in the final (his voice is superb) I don’t see a chance right now. It’s very similar in style and beat to our National Finalist René Miller with Concrete Heart and he got almost no televotes. Since Germany is a country with a similar music scene you would think there are easy points to gather here but no. Not even German televoters will call for this (maybe some but I doubt it’s enough) - we didn’t for our own country either.

Lindon

This evening Teya and Salena performed at a filmed acoustic live session "Watergun".

akoz

Great voice, but how many times we already hear such kind of songs? :ch: is playing this card for 4th year in the row and if first 2 attempts were actually beautiful, last 2 are very basic and nothing new or interesting. Without juries, this song most likely will stay in the semi. :5: in the pool.

hijirio

Veteran
So it's scientifically possible to produce a song worse than Mama ŞÇ

Thank you Eurovision gods for kicking j*ries out of semifinals, so we don't have to endure borefests like this in the final xpray

Switzerland, you need to pull yourself together sis. Past two years you been relying on the voice while totally neglecting the song.

:0: and I'm being too generous here.

Franzilein

Just noticed that Seth could add this song to this compilation :lol:

escEndre

We have had the chance to talk with wonderful Remo Forrer! Check out our interview with him here! :-) xheart

Please subscribe our YouTube-channel to watch the latest interviews with the Eurovision-contestants! xheart

Mainshow

Veteran
Downgrading it to :4: - I like the voice and I think that the song is quite "memorable" overall but its chorus is getting on my nerves after listening to it more than three times.
It´s somehow really bland whilst trying to be pretentiously meaningful. It feels so unauthentic - especially coming from :ch:

ESC94

Downgrading it to :4: - I like the voice and I think that the song is quite "memorable" overall but its chorus is getting on my nerves after listening to it more than three times.
It´s somehow really bland whilst trying to be pretentiously meaningful. It feels so unauthentic - especially coming from :ch:

You really nailed my problem with the song!! xclap

Top Bottom