• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Franzilein

Ooooh, beautiful. 12 points.

gigi_copp3

Just... Cyprus 2.0. Sadly one will qualify because it's in SF2, one won't because it's in SF1.

I like the message as a philosophical question. Maybe because I have a young son and it's something we talk about quite a bit. To me, it doesn't mean "Put down your weapons and stop fighting" when reality hits. It's deeper than that. Our power maniac leaders using our young as canon fodder for their own games and/or goals. That's not freedom of body nor soul.

But I don't think these lyrics express that message in the most sophisticated way, that's my problem.

The real issue, IMPV, is that the topic of kids with waterguns had been quite exhausted already in various types of art.

I remember several years ago, one Turkish TV show, had had a legendary scene of 2 brothers trying to kill one another with flashback parallels to them as 2 boys in their childhood playing with waterguns and various other toys.

It was trending worldwide no.1 on twitter back then 🤣

Nevertheless, I don't think that this song transpires overall impression of cringe or cheap.

And it's current. So that's fine.

Anyway, the Werthers of Switzerland and their Weltschmerz continue to ride 3 years in a row. 😆

CPV4931

Not really my cup of tea after the first listenings... 4 points

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Better than last year, but that was an extremely low bar already. It doesn't leave a massively huge impression on me, but it's also not offending me. :5:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
For something so insipid, I find it randomly offensive? This is every Voice Twink single ever, plus really cringe soldier metaphors that tiptoe (and cross over) the line of charity song.

:3: points. It's too boring to truly dislike right now, but I know myself enough to know this sentiment will sour into fullblown dislike by the end of the week lol

I just saw some comments by some actual Swiss who explain to reviewers that this song is actually an ANTI-CONSCRIPTION SONG because eew bew, the young Swiss men really don't feel like fighting for somebody else or themselves even if Putin, Khomeini or Kim Jong Un aka Jong Ki Moon 🤣 land a bomb now or then somewhere in Europe or the rest of the world.

I hope someone from Switzerland would refute this idiotic pro-peace interpretation amidst RU rockets flying over EU's territory in Romania to hit civilian targets in Ukraine

If this is actually a song about lack of character when you, your family, and your home, is in real danger, I'm downgrading this to minus ZERO.

If this is only a wrong interpretation of some Swiss who lacks brain cells alongside lacking balls, then I'm OK with it. Wouldn't be the first time. 🤣

Betwixt Tales

I might be putting too much into this, but Switzerland is notorious for staying neutral when it comes to war. (Never mind that staying neutral will only ever benefit the aggressor.) So to enter the contest with a song about being forced to fight a bloody war when you'd rather not, rings incredibly hollow coming from here.

For that, this is the lowest entry of the year, for me.

Sammy

Veteran
I might be putting too much into this, but Switzerland is notorious for staying neutral when it comes to war. (Never mind that staying neutral will only ever benefit the aggressor.) So to enter the contest with a song about being forced to fight a bloody war when you'd rather not, rings incredibly hollow coming from here.

For that, this is the lowest entry of the year, for me.
You actually might do by equating the political position of a country with the artisitic expression of a single person and his team.
I‘m not saying you have to like the song but Remo is representing a TV station, not the swiss government.

midnightsun

Veteran
True, but I also agree I‘m not too happy with the lyrics. "I don’t wanna be a soldier" from a young sheltered guy while this is the wish of hundreds of thousands Ukranian soldiers. What would they think if they listened to that? The lyrics are definitely of political nature. Maybe well-meant even but rather unfortunate.
I‘m not happy with the lyrics of our own entry either, even if the meaning is completely opposite but people could misinterpret.

Betwixt Tales

You actually might do by equating the political position of a country with the artisitic expression of a single person and his team.
I‘m not saying you have to like the song but Remo is representing a TV station, not the swiss government.
I don't believe I made any claim he was.

With the way things are at the moment, however, there's a heightened awareness of the message when you're choosing to send a song about war. And thus Switzerland, with its neutral stand, should be aware of what that message looks like coming from them.
In my opinion, it rings incredibly hollow.

Sammy

Veteran
I don't believe I made any claim he was.

With the way things are at the moment, however, there's a heightened awareness of the message when you're choosing to send a song about war. And thus Switzerland, with its neutral stand, should be aware of what that message looks like coming from them.
In my opinion, it rings incredibly hollow.
I think I understand, what you mean.

Top Bottom