Mountains they crumble
And rivers, they run dry
And oh-oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Boys do cry

Loindici

Veteran
Somehow Switzerland managed to make Germany's entry sound better

hzalfa

Tananai?? Who's Tananani that people are spamming on the live chat?
Last place in Sanremo this year, he went on to joke about representing other countries on Twitter and the Swiss ambassador to Italy actually replied to him and invited him to Switzerland to discuss the participation (obviously a joke).

As for the song, it's cute. Definitely not top 10 material but it might qualify. Currently my 18th place, but it might grow on me.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It's cute with a very chill vibe, sadly nothing special. Lowkey expected more from Switzerland after the last three years (even after that cringe worthy Gjon staging). Oh well.

Throwing this in the :6: pile for now. xthink

Ajeje Brazorf

Sorry Switzerland, but this gives me Ari Olafsson vibes all over. It's too slow and weak compared to other ballads (Italy, Australia, Poland, but even Montenegro...). I don't see this one going far, sorry...

crashworld

Veteran
This is like the ballad version of Felix Sandman's Boys with Emotions. It's pretty similar message no?
It's a nice little tune, nicely sung. But that's it. I am going to give the song a generous :4: just for the message and the cute little boy in the music video for being our representation. But without it, it's a big pile of meh.

Can't believe this song/artist is picked by a panel of 100 Swiss viewers alongside a specialized international 23-member jury. Is the selection that bad that they have nothing else to pick?

Going to predict this will end up at slot #2.

gingerale

I think it's a very Swiss choice. Solid and nice. Swiss people love music where they can just stand and cuddle with their partners and sloooooooooowly moving together left to right. Argh.

In 2019 we were lucky to find a very catchy song with a very competent performer. Non of it screamed Switzerland (well his English maybe).

2020/2021 we had a true artist with a very emotional and unique way of singing. It comes as no surprise that Gjon doesn't have a big career in Switzerland. At least not in the German speaking part. Which is a shame. But typical Swiss.

Miloutchi

I don’t think it is as bad as people make it out to be. Do I love it? No. Will it qualify? Probably not. But will I listen to it again? Yes.

Edit: okay nevermind. I got bored listening to it already. I just don’t actively hate it.

midnightsun

Veteran
Is the selection that bad that they have nothing else to pick?

Some people may think this kind of music stands for quality music. Because it’s 60's and blues. It may have worked for Salvador Sobral but that was probably a once-in-a-lifetime victory in ESC in that genre. Unless Marius has a mind blowing staging this will get nowhere near Portugal 2017 but I have a feeling this is a sure qualifier.

Top Bottom