Boys do cry

Lindon

I la la la love it. :12: for now

Last edited:
  • Say Yay
Reactions: aef

Sammy

Veteran
In the very beginning I thought: oh boring… but as the song goes on it somehow touched me and the message somehow got me. sweet song. For the moment in my top 10… see how it develops.

Iker

Veteran
I find the lyrics of the song very relatable and dear to me. Simple but I am fine with it.
But the song as a whole is unremarkable, especially the chorus (?) which I am not even sure whether it is that. Actually I like many songs that only consist of verses but they are usually longer than this track and here you have a limited time span to grab / wow people and there's no such moment here.

Musically speaking it is jazzy, but not the kind of jazz that I am particularly keen on. I suspect that :ch: will Q but mostly based on the jury vote and then place 18th in the GF od something along these lines.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

It's nice. I'm not sure if nice is enough to qualify though.

I guess it could have more impact if it's staged thoughtfully.

I'd give it a :6: for now.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The composition itself is warm and pleasant. Wouldn't feel out of place in a 60s musical (you know, when musicals were actually bearable and not called Wicked). And actually Marius has a lovely vocal timbre. I just cannot, absolutely will NOT with that vocal style though. Is it the worst case of indie girl introduces us to her kitchen we've ever heard? No. Is it still there though? Yes and it ruins the song for me. I feel like there's a whole generation of singers right now doing their thing with the sole purpose of triggering me. Why? Why Lord!? Why?

The lyrics are also kind of... ehhh not my thing. You could deliver that same message with some tasteful nuance. Boys Do Cry has all the eye rolling delivery of say your average peace song. It's just too darn twee for its own good.

Composition is a 7 but I can't go higher than a :5: because I'm honestly kind of bugged whilst listening to the song. I feel like I'm both being kind and cruel here with the scoring. I could have gone way lower but at the same time if it was someone like Madeleine Peyroux singing over these lush strings I'd be swooning. This entry really shows how important to me artist connection is. Without it, what's the point?

Last edited:

hpp0

It is a cute song, I like that it has a built up and it doesn't get repetitive but it is pretty boring for me. I really like the music tho and it offers something different compared to the ballads we have so far.

It is definitely not a competitive song but with an atmospheric performance, I can see it doing well. With a generic or just passable performance it will most likely NQ though.

nunaney

My first thought when listening to the song was “Rainy is going to hate these vocals”

In UMK, when Olivera sang live, her vocals were less grating so I’m hoping for the same with this guy. Right now, this song is painful to listen to and is currently my last place.

ArmpitOfEurope

Not really interesting, ballads need a great melody or a hook to be great.
Just an ok ballad, pleasant enough but thats about it.
:5:

Last edited:

Preuss

It’s not as good as Fuego and Gjon’s two entries, but it’s pretty. 7 points for now

I bims

Veteran
Those three minutes felt like an hour. I like slow songs and ballads, but this song just doesn't do anything for me. I don't like the lyrics at all. S10 can sing "uuuuuuuuh aaaaaaah" and I feel that more than whatever he's trying to tell me.
Maybe I just don't like his voice? I generally don't enjoy male singers a lot... those that do have high voices lol.

Sorry Switzerland, no Top 3 spot in my list this time: :2:

Remembrance

I like this :)
It's a charming, jazzy ballad. It reminds me of something... or maybe it's his singing voice..? Not sure who or what, though...

Anyway, after Gjon's Tears people were bound to be dissapointed... remember how it went for :nl: after their 2nd place finish in 2014? Not well, right..?

Anyway, I do like it and it does leave me with a warm glow of delight in the end.

ESC94

Those three minutes felt like an hour. I like slow songs and ballads, but this song just doesn't do anything for me. I don't like the lyrics at all. S10 can sing "uuuuuuuuh aaaaaaah" and I feel that more than whatever he's trying to tell me.
Maybe I just don't like his voice? I generally don't enjoy male singers a lot... those that do have high voices lol.

Sorry Switzerland, no Top 3 spot in my list this time: :2:

Did you read my thoughts?? I think exactly the same. xshock

This is a veeery slow song, I waited the whole time for anything special or something exciting, but it didn´t happen, it stays the whole time in this mellow mood. After just one minute I already took a look at my clock to see how much time had passed, and this is never a good sign. xbored

I also think that the lyrics are very phrasemongering, something we´ve already heart many times before. Especially the thing with the "airplanes that sometimes fall from the sky" in the chorus almost made me puke to be honest. xpuke

After I really liked their songs from 2019-2021 this is sadly a huge step back. I can see this qualifying with help from the juries and then ending somewhere between place 10-20, but I can also see it crash and burn in the semi like :at: 2019.

All in all I really don´t like this, the only thing that saves :ch: from getting my fifth :0: this year is the great sound of his voice, it´s the only reason why I didn´t stop listening to this song, and even then it was very difficult for me. In the end I give :2: for this very boring ballad. :(

Sorry Switzerland, better luck next year.

Top Bottom