Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
I have high expectations and somehow a good feeling!

Mrm

Veteran
I wonder if that chosen entry is in french language as well? :unsure:
Or english..

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
song writing camps are never a good thing. :'D they're just production lines of endless mediocre Eurovision songs with no identity, personality or desire to be heard more than once.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I don't remember how Répondez-moi was selected, but songwriting camps are never a good thing in my book.
But please, keep it in French. Not because it's my mother tongue, but Switzerland using English for their ESC entries while they have 4 official languages is utter non-sense.

Loindici

Veteran
song writing camps are never a good thing. :'D they're just production lines of endless mediocre Eurovision songs with no identity, personality or desire to be heard more than once.

I mean, except if you're :bg: or :ro: , but generally speaking, yes.

I hope they're sticking with French since Repondez-moi was met with good reception.

rasmuslights

Veteran
i like song-writing camps - especially those with Symphonix. And also Gjon's song is probably from them, because he follows most of the symphonix team on his IG:)

I bims

Veteran
While I agree there have been some entries that surely are exactly that. I think the concept is great. Songwriters and artists from all over Europe (that otherwise never would've met) coming together? That has potential for some good stuff. I just think we barely get to hear the really good songs because they probably aren't considered competitive.

Aside from that:
Just came here to say f*** you Switzerland and your probably amazing entry that will once again be in my Top 10 or higher.
This year DACH could've been a very powerful force of awfulness and you are ruining everything!

Franzilein

Répondez-moi set the bar so high that I fear I will be disappointed by this year's song... only because I have pretty high expectations myself. Really really hope Switzerland nails it this year as well, one of the most underrated ESC countries.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't wait for :ch: to be over-hyped again. Last year was painful and I still don't get the love that the song got - the vocal nuances of that song combined with his vocals just didn't work for me at all.

But hey, maybe he'll surprise me. I'm open to anything ;)
e1f7ed1f8956.gif

BorisBubbles

Veteran
as again demonstrated by this thread, the 'merely adequate' song "répondez-moi" was grossly overrated, I assume by people who don't listen to a lot of music outside of eurovision.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
While I agree there have been some entries that surely are exactly that. I think the concept is great. Songwriters and artists from all over Europe (that otherwise never would've met) coming together? That has potential for some good stuff. I just think we barely get to hear the really good songs because they probably aren't considered competitive.

Well, not every song is a mess. They can produce some great songs for sure, but it's like for every 1 great song there is 9 more average to awful songs. The main issue, is that the songs have no identity, they're just given to the singer and it doesn't personal at all. Instead just comes off as super generic, beige and an attempt at something that sounds Eurovision. If they work with an artist then yes, I can imagine they will capture their style and be able to create some suitable songs but generally speaking they don't and usually go on to flop hard in NFs.

I bims

Veteran
Well, not every song is a mess. They can produce some great songs for sure, but it's like for every 1 great song there is 9 more average to awful songs. The main issue, is that the songs have no identity, they're just given to the singer and it doesn't personal at all. Instead just comes off as super generic, beige and an attempt at something that sounds Eurovision. If they work with an artist then yes, I can imagine they will capture their style and be able to create some suitable songs but generally speaking they don't and usually go on to flop hard in NFs.
Yeah I agree. I'm mostly "defending" the idea of the songwriting camps. I'm aware that they haven't been really the source of quality entries lately :D
We have to keep in mind though that most of the songs made in songwriting camps are going through mostly internal selections and only the ones considered competitive enough make it to Eurovision. And of course those are these typical "only for Eurovision" songs.

But i bet there are hidden gems we just never get to hear.

as again demonstrated by this thread, the 'merely adequate' song "répondez-moi" was grossly overrated, I assume by people who don't listen to a lot of music outside of eurovision.
Rude.

Loindici

Veteran

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Sammy

Veteran
Can't wait for :ch: to be over-hyped again. Last year was painful and I still don't get the love that the song got - the vocal nuances of that song combined with his vocals just didn't work for me at all.

But hey, maybe he'll surprise me. I'm open to anything ;)
Not to forget the „répooouudez“-moi pronounciation disaster.

Top Bottom