escYOUnited

Administrator
Switzerland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
Another twink with high-pitched voice. :de: :ch:
7iyWVIL.gif
The song didn't convince me. But I disliked Bulgaria 2017 a lot and it still finished high. I'm neutral towards this one.
The video - it reminded me Mylene Farmer aesthetics from her old videos (just a little), which is a good thing.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It has quite a dark mysterious vibe to it, i like that it's in French also. One of the better ballads this year, BUT and this is a big but, i get bored very quickly and i dislike his voice. Sounds whiney. 4 points

Our dear Suisse delivers a song that we expected France to represent. It's pretty good!

Though, it's a little slow maybe? Even it's among the better ballads this year the climax could have a little more impact maybe?

Edit: After a couple of listenings I'm changing this from 8 to 10. This really does grow on me!
:10:

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
If he can sing, he'll go places.

Datura

i like this, one of my favourites. which means it will crash and burn :cool:
:D

njdevils94

Veteran
French ballads can be hit or miss for me in this style. I wasn't amazed by it on first listen.

FoxOfShadows

If he can nail it live, I can definitely see top 10. I think he'll at least be there with the juries

Loindici

Veteran
Another twink with high-pitched voice. :de: :ch:
7iyWVIL.gif

Got that thing that I can't deny
Killing me soft with the big brown eyes

images

Um

I guess Ben's song is his heart's cry for Gjon's beauty

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The quality is high, but at the same time it's another one of those songs that just floats around doing nothing and then oh look, a big voice during the chorus as the music still floats around going nowhere in particular. I appreciate this much more than something like say Norway as it feels less packaged, more organic and it's presented nicely with the music video (what's with the Simon Cowell challenging slacks though?). It just doesn't reach me too well I'm afraid. I don't dislike it but I knew fairly quickly this was going to be too clean and safe for me. The vocals are going to impress people though for sure. It could do well. The Netherlands are going to be providing something closer to the moody kind of ballad I appreciate this year it seems (I'd never have thunk it considering their track record with me).

5 points from me. Could rise a smidgen after I've seen a performance. My eyes did roll a bit to the back of my head before the three minutes were up but I can't deny certain qualities that this does possess.

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
I‘m not sure if parts of the songs are in another language or if it‘s just his pronounciation. I tend to believe the latter, because the first time I didn‘t understand the line „ répondez-moi“.

I had very high expectations when I saw Switzerland finally going for a french song, but this one is rather disappointing.

Top Bottom